The future is......

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote:About the different boys receiving or not receiving solos. All the years I was a performer( I started playing french horn and piano around 10 and performed until I was about 26 I think), I never wanted a solo. Beyond the occasional solo performed in church( usually a duet with the keyboardist), I never sought out being more than part of the group. Not everyone is cut out to be a soloist or even wants to be a soloist. It could really be that all the different boys mentioned in this thread not having solos really didn't want them.
Just like one of my soccer analogies Tom - and I was making them up! I agree not everybody is desperate to be at the front. Some of us are happy to be there but not in your face (so to speak). Bit like me on this forum, I just lurk mainly. It's rare you'll see a post from me :roll:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

tcenrt wrote:When we look back to Ben C. and Steve G. era, the group may have about 15 boys performing, but they have about 23 in their last concert. Ann
AH but Ann, that's what has me worried. Of those 23 it is quite possible that 6 - 8 of them will no longer be singing treble or be with Libera after Christmas. That is a big chunk to lose in one go
:cry:

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

xsakurax wrote:No Yorkie, you don't sound demeaning to the guys who are not soloists with the comments. I think we all are just very concerned for Libera's future. And of course no fan would want Libera to disappear or fade away.. a little input/suggestions from fans like us is good.

Libera's future looks really bright, I think!
Cheers :D Now if only RP would give me a call, I'll soon have him whipped in to shape :wink:

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

yo-tiffa-gurt wrote:yes everybody here has a point from commuting, to voice change, to strong soloists leaving. It's true and happens with all choirs. In fact my choir is struggling right now too. We have a girl that commutes from Sacramento all the way to a bit East of San Francisco. and for the past few years we've lost some really good soprano ones (they've all graduated and moved on to college.) Our choir is significantly smaller, three years ago we had 86 people in the Advanced performing choir, now we only have 73. hence it happens to every choir and no matter what libera will always be around. guaranteed. But i'm sure in the net three years or so, libera will be up and running again.
Hi there :D

Is your choir mixed? if so how many lads have you got doing soprano/treble?

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
tcenrt wrote:When we look back to Ben C. and Steve G. era, the group may have about 15 boys performing, but they have about 23 in their last concert. Ann
AH but Ann, that's what has me worried. Of those 23 it is quite possible that 6 - 8 of them will no longer be singing treble or be with Libera after Christmas. That is a big chunk to lose in one go
:cry:

exactly and thats not counting the boys that have left this year already. And nobody so far to be fair has that Mini Ben or Tom love the camera type jinxes that makes you adore them.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

dani wrote:
exactly and thats not counting the boys that have left this year already. And nobody so far to be fair has that Mini Ben or Tom love the camera type jinxes that makes you adore them.
Actually, keep your eyes on Ralph. He loves the camera. I have yet to see him caught off guard with it. He always has a full real smile on his face.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Yorkie wrote: I just lurk mainly. It's rare you'll see a post from me :roll:
Yeah right. And the next time I ask Scotty to beam me up, it will happen too. :roll: :wink:
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I am posting this here mainly because this topic is about the future and the new boys. I know there are some who are having a hard time saying Kavana's name and I recently saw somewhere that is is supposed to be said with a long A in the middle, Kavaaana. Now, in a gift package I received last week, there was a 3 part video of the CC meet and greet. The camerman had his sound running and he didn't know who Kavana was and asked him his name. Kavana himself says it is a short a. Kavahhna.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote:I am posting this here mainly because this topic is about the future and the new boys. I know there are some who are having a hard time saying Kavana's name and I recently saw somewhere that is is supposed to be said with a long A in the middle, Kavaaana. Now, in a gift package I received last week, there was a 3 part video of the CC meet and greet. The camerman had his sound running and he didn't know who Kavana was and asked him his name. Kavana himself says it is a short a. Kavahhna.
Yep, short 'a' would definately be more of the standard British way of pronouncing it - at least that's how I would say it so surely that is good enough for everybody else :wink:

Mercy & Love
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

TEB wrote:
dani wrote:
Actually, keep your eyes on Ralph. He loves the camera. I have yet to see him caught off guard with it. He always has a full real smile on his face.
Mr.Skan is one of my favourite young singers. First time I saw Ralph was in vid "You were there". He was very happy to sing :D Amazing kid LOL :!:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Narnian wrote:
TEB wrote:
dani wrote:
Mr.Skan is one of my favourite young singers. First time I saw Ralph was in vid "You were there". He was very happy to sing :D Amazing kid LOL :!:
All right, I give in. Which one is Ralph? Can you point him out to me in the recent video of the Japan/US tour?

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
Narnian wrote:
TEB wrote:
All right, I give in. Which one is Ralph? Can you point him out to me in the recent video of the Japan/US tour?
He is the boy in the last promo video with the parrots
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

(for Yorkie) Ralph Skan "You were there" 0:08 - 0:10
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

OK, got him now

8)

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

What song did Kavana sing in last concerts ?