Oscar contender

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

tcenrt
Silver Member

Oscar contender

Post by tcenrt »

The Japanese movie 'Nobody to watch over me' has been selected to represent Japan to compete in the foreign film catagory for the 2010 Oscar.
That means that if the movie is selected for the final, we might see Libera on the red carpet. Can you imagine those white robes against the red? :D :D

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Narnian

Re: Oscar contender

Post by Narnian »

tcenrt wrote:The Japanese movie 'Nobody to watch over me' has been selected to represent Japan to compete in the foreign film catagory for the 2010 Oscar.
That means that if the movie is selected for the final, we might see Libera on the red carpet. Can you imagine those white robes against the red? :D :D

Ann
awww :roll: watta news! it would be great! :!:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

That would be simply amazing, but let's take one step at a time lol - who knows they might get invited to sing their theme song for the movie! Now I am getting silly.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is there a dubbed or subtitled version available in the US yet?
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

TullyBascombe wrote:Is there a dubbed or subtitled version available in the US yet?
Not that I'm awared. Here's the website for the DVD, and there's a link at the bottom left for EMI music - Libera. All in Japanese though.

http://www.dare-mamo.jp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

It actually sounds like quite a good film - I'm sure there will be a release with subtitles at some point but I think it only came out on dvd in Japan in September.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

If they do a English version I sincerely hope they do subtitles. I remember some of those Godzilla movies from the 60's and 70's where they dubbed the English right over top of their mouth movements. Needless to say, it never was quite right. You'd see someone saying a long sentence and the English dubbed in was only " Look, it's Godzilla"!!!
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote:If they do a English version I sincerely hope they do subtitles. I remember some of those Godzilla movies from the 60's and 70's where they dubbed the English right over top of their mouth movements. Needless to say, it never was quite right. You'd see someone saying a long sentence and the English dubbed in was only " Look, it's Godzilla"!!!
HAHA - Yes they were utter crap! I must be getting old, but I quite like a foreign film with subtitles - makes me feel all intellectual! Did you see Babel - that had a Japanese portion which was (I think) subtitled and I enjoyed it.

Mercy & Love
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Libera on the Red Carpet!!! :D That is a great picture. When Libera is super, super famous one day, I will be laughing in everybody else's face saying 'Haha, I knew about Libera before you did! Haha!' :lol: It will undoubtedly be my only claim in life.... :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Unfortunately, unless they get nominated in the best song/music category I don't think Libera will be getting an invite :cry:

Still, it's only a matter of time surely? (Who are you calling Shirley :?: ).

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yorkie wrote:
TEB wrote:If they do a English version I sincerely hope they do subtitles. I remember some of those Godzilla movies from the 60's and 70's where they dubbed the English right over top of their mouth movements. Needless to say, it never was quite right. You'd see someone saying a long sentence and the English dubbed in was only " Look, it's Godzilla"!!!
HAHA - Yes they were utter crap! I must be getting old, but I quite like a foreign film with subtitles - makes me feel all intellectual! Did you see Babel - that had a Japanese portion which was (I think) subtitled and I enjoyed it.
Have you ever seen the English dubbed version of "Crouching Tigers Hidden Dragon"? They did an excellent job of synchronizing the dubbed English with the actors' lip motion. THey must have tailored dialog in English so that it generally matched the actors' lip movements. The voices in English prettey much matched the voices of the Chinese actors too.
In fact, I'd have to say that most of the relatively recent major Chinese movies I've seen that were dubbed in English did a pretty good job of disguising the fact that the movies were originally made in Chinese.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: Have you ever seen the English dubbed version of "Crouching Tigers Hidden Dragon"? They did an excellent job of synchronizing the dubbed English with the actors' lip motion. THey must have tailored dialog in English so that it generally matched the actors' lip movements. The voices in English prettey much matched the voices of the Chinese actors too.
In fact, I'd have to say that most of the relatively recent major Chinese movies I've seen that were dubbed in English did a pretty good job of disguising the fact that the movies were originally made in Chinese.
Yes, astonishingly great film, what was the other one that was on similar lines (same director I think)?

Mercy & Love