Sam Leggett

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

danieb88
Silver Member

Sam Leggett

Post by danieb88 »

Hey everyone,

Ive been thinking recently, we're all focusing on the fact that Toms voice has broken and that Liam and Joshs are surely on their way to going but nobody seems to have mentioned Sam! Hes the same age as them (if im not mistaken) so I think he will soon be unfortunately going through the inevitable!

Although hes not a major soloist, he plays a huge role in the harmonies - often singing the slightly lower parts (Love and Mercy being a good example) and I feel he will be missed!

What does everyone think?
Danie :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Sam Leggett

Post by Yorkie »

danieb88 wrote: Ive been thinking recently, we're all focusing on the fact that Toms voice has broken and that Liam and Joshs are surely on their way to going but nobody seems to have mentioned Sam! Hes the same age as them (if I'm not mistaken) so I think he will soon be unfortunately going through the inevitable!
I think you need to put Ed in there as well. Just before a boys voice 'breaks' it goes through a short period of richness that has a better quality than at any other time in the lads singing career. Hearing Ed at Edinburgh I would say that his voice had an extra beauty to it that might well indicate that he is at the peak of his treble period right now.

With Sam it is a little more difficult. Because we don't hear him as much as a soloist it is difficult to know if his voice has started to change yet. Based on age alone you would have to think it is probable. It can happen as young as 11 or as late as 16 but in reality it is somewhere during our 13th and 14th years for most of us fellas.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

Yes Sam has always seemed to be a part of the harmonies, lending a solid base to the slightly lower notes. "Love and Mercy" is an excellent chance to hear him! I believe you can hear him in the 2007 Leiden version of "Sanctus" as well. I think that he's probably on the way (if he hasn't already) having his voice break and it will be too bad.

And about Ed...I hope that RP records some songs/solos with Ed's voice at its peak. I've always thought Ed was really talented and that he didn't get nearly as much attention as some of the other boys, because he seemed a little shy during interviews etc., but his voice is awesome. He's done as much for Libera on the second treble front as Tom has on the first treble, and done loads of solos. I really really hope that RP records Ed's "Mysterium" on an upcoming album. (I hope a new Libera album is in the works...with all the new soloists).
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

plumpuff6 wrote: And about Ed...I hope that RP records some songs/solos with Ed's voice at its peak. I've always thought Ed was really talented and that he didn't get nearly as much attention as some of the other boys, because he seemed a little shy during interviews etc., but his voice is awesome. He's done as much for Libera on the second treble front as Tom has on the first treble, and done loads of solos. I really really hope that RP records Ed's "Mysterium" on an upcoming album. (I hope a new Libera album is in the works...with all the new soloists).
I love you :) I'm still waiting for a reply to my offer of marriage :wink:

Mercy & Love
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I agree that Sam is about to move to the back row, just because he is Josh's age. I am very glad that RP did give him the chance for one solo in his time as a treble. On the Songs of Praise special last year, Sam did get to do the Sanctus solo. I sincerely hope Sam stays for awhile in the choir. It does seem that over the years, it has only been various lead soloists who have stayed for any lenght of time after their voice changes. Yes, Callum is still there but I think that is more because he is still Head Boy.
One thing I would hope is that if Sam does decide to leave at a future time, is that Alex would stay on. I can't be the only who noticed that as soon as Oliver Cole left, his brother Tom followed right away.

I have some mixed feelings on Ed though. I agree he has a wonderful voice but his recent rudeness to some fans has kind of put a damper on him with me. I had put some of that rudenss down to loosing Joe as a friend but, well, it is well past time for him to have got over it.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote: I have some mixed feelings on Ed though. I agree he has a wonderful voice but his recent rudeness to some fans has kind of put a damper on him with me. I had put some of that rudenss down to loosing Joe as a friend but, well, it is well past time for him to have got over it.
I must be well out of the loop Tom, I have never heard about Ed being rude to anyone. However, commenting without knowing what I'm talking about (always dangerous and normally reserved for idiots like politicians :shock: ) I would caution to remember that he is a 13 y.o. boy. Yes, the lads are great and normally wonderful young gentlemen who are great ambassadors for the UK, but they are young teenage boys. Lord knows I wasn't perfect at 13 (hell, I'm still not now).

Can you find it in you to forgive him a slip and not judge him too harshly?

Mercy & Love
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Yorkie wrote: Can you find it in you to forgive him a slip and not judge him too harshly?
Oh, that will be no problem. I remember being a teenager too, way back in the 1970's. I was just remembering from when I was a performer, we were always told to be nice to fans, no matter how mean we may have been feeling. Even now, as a Civil War re-enactor, there are alot of times when spectators coming through camp is really a pain but I still try to take time to say hello and talk to them, even if it means missing the start to a meal.

But, if I ever do get the chance to meet Ed, I will smile at him and extend my hand in friendship. After all, we share names. Edward is my middle name.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote:
Yorkie wrote: Can you find it in you to forgive him a slip and not judge him too harshly?
Oh, that will be no problem. I remember being a teenager too, way back in the 1970's. I was just remembering from when I was a performer, we were always told to be nice to fans, no matter how mean we may have been feeling. Even now, as a Civil War re-enactor, there are alot of times when spectators coming through camp is really a pain but I still try to take time to say hello and talk to them, even if it means missing the start to a meal.

But, if I ever do get the chance to meet Ed, I will smile at him and extend my hand in friendship. After all, we share names. Edward is my middle name.
Hey, we're not allowed to touch the guys now :wink: at least not here in the UK :twisted:

The power to forgive is a wonderful thing my friend and the young need to be forgiven their trespasses more than the rest of us :D

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I thought that Tom Cole left before Oliver. He didn't go on the Japan/US tour.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

TullyBascombe wrote:I thought that Tom Cole left before Oliver. He didn't go on the Japan/US tour.
Yes, I thought that too. Tom joined shortly after Oliver too, I believe. It's hard to tell though!
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

libera36 wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:I thought that Tom Cole left before Oliver. He didn't go on the Japan/US tour.
Yes, I thought that too. Tom joined shortly after Oliver too, I believe. It's hard to tell though!
I could be wrong on that. I guess what I was trying to say was that I hope Alex would stay whether his big brother is there or not.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

Speaking of Sam, TODAY (12th) IS HIS BIRTHDAY!
Happy 15 8)
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
libera36

Post by libera36 »

dearmadine wrote:Speaking of Sam, TODAY (12th) IS HIS BIRTHDAY!
Happy 15 8)
No, today is the 11th!! :lol: Your today is my tomorrow!
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

libera36 wrote: No, today is the 11th!! :lol: Your today is my tomorrow!
My time is still on the 11th too lol
I was thinking in London time 8) mwahaha
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Happy 15th to Sam Leggett!

Sam is my super-favorite and I’ll weep when he leaves. Hopefully Ed will stay around for a while longer. I admire all you long-term Libera fans who have been around through so many departures and arrival--no doubt the next wave of boys will be just as charismatic and talented, but it’s sure not easy saying goodbye.