Hello everyone!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Victor C

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Victor C »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:55 am">6 years ago</span> Additionally, it sounds like your father has quite the collection in terms of choral music; and it is always a pleasure to share musical experiences with your family.
Well, he actually has a lot more instrumental albums than choral ones, and his interests in terms of music are quite different from mine (he likes opera which sounds like noise to me 😅). His collection includes mostly piano, violin, strings, wind and symphony pieces along with a few CDs in other categories. But yes, it is always a pleasure listening to classical music with my family – apart from hearing the greatest sounds in human history, over the years I've learned quite a bit about the story behind the pieces, the composers and what life at their times was like.
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:55 am">6 years ago</span> Today, I only order physical CDs so that I can rip them to high quality FLAC files and then gift the CD to somebody else. So even though I will order new release CDs from Libera, the physical copy never stays with me for very long.
That's a great idea! I've never thought about that before...
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:55 am">6 years ago</span> I too occasionally use terminal windows, if only "sudo get Libera" were an actual command :lol: although please don't quiz me on anything as my knowledge of Linux is limited, I learn a bit here and there on my own playing around on my setup when I have free time......which isn't often. Computer security is a very cool branch of the computer world and there is a lot in it that combines many different aspects of mathematical cryptography, networking, and, to an extent, human psychology.

Code: Select all

To sum that up:
Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 22.30.59.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 22.30.59.png (33.32 KiB) Viewed 2841 times
Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 22.30.59.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 22.30.59.png (33.32 KiB) Viewed 2841 times
Victor C

Post by Victor C »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:15 pm">6 years ago</span> By the way, Les Choristes have been turned into a Musical this past year and I've had the opportunity to see the show in Paris. The choir was from la Maîtrise des Hauts de Seine (boys and girls, they often sing at the opera and other shows where kids chorister are needed), and it was really really good, better than what les Petits Chanteurs de Saint-Marc (PCSM) can do nowadays.
That's nice to hear! I wish I had the chance to see it too... 😕 But yes I agree, the movie was a one-off climax for them, after that they started going slowly downhill.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hi Victor,

Also to you, a very belated welcome! The relaxing part for me is that all my questions have already been asked by the others and answered by you. :wink:

As apparently more and more younger ones enjoy Libera's music, I have hope for my sons who like exactly 3 Libera songs so far. Furthermore, they more or less smile at their traveling mother! :wink: How nice also that your father and you share this love for Libera!

(I'll tell you a top secret: I did not write a review about my first concert last year in this forum. But Surpinto never found out. So, I'm still happily alive. :mrgreen:)

Regarding "Les Choristes": I share with you to have very much enjoyed the film and the music. But except for buying the DVD and the CD "En Concert", I didn't do any further research, as I was very pleased with it until, years later, I came across boys voices again by chance and discovered Libera - the latter very much by chance! And since then, I hear the big difference to the Les Petits Chanteurs de Saint-Marc. Libera transports the feeling of the music in an unrivaled way. And you're right with your other points. "Coherence between different parts", well said, yes, absolutely.

Victor C wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:08 am">6 years ago</span> Soon enough it was clear that unlike other groups, I will never get enough of Libera.
Feel very welcome to the club! Concerning Libera, we are all on the same wavelength. :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:58 pm">6 years ago</span> (I'll tell you a top secret: I did not write a review about my first concert last year in this forum. But Surpinto never found out. So, I'm still happily alive. :mrgreen:)
:shock: In your defense you did talk about your impressions across multiple threads at the time so you were given a pass. Don't let it happen again! :evil:

:lol:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Ooooops! :o :shock: I had no idea that my safety and peace were hanging by a ... hm ... thread! :P

Occasionally, I've missed a fearful smiley available in this forum, but now it's definitely high time. :lol:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:58 pm">6 years ago</span> (I'll tell you a top secret: I did not write a review about my first concert last year in this forum. But Surpinto never found out. So, I'm still happily alive. :mrgreen:)
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:56 am">6 years ago</span> Ooooops! :o :shock: I had no idea that my safety and peace were hanging by a ... hm ... thread! :P
:shock: :shock: I never realized this could be such a dangerous place. :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

andmar wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:08 pm">6 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:56 am">6 years ago</span> Ooooops! :o :shock: I had no idea that my safety and peace were hanging by a ... hm ... thread! :P
:shock: :shock: I never realized this could be such a dangerous place. :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:twisted: :wink: :D