Hello I'm a new member.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

andmar
Silver Member

Re: Hello I'm a new member.

Post by andmar »

Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:54 pm">6 years ago</span> I guess you flew to ELY from Poland for the concert!
Yes, flying is actually the best option. It's a two hours flight from the place where I live. But attending the concert and meeting other fans in Ely was ABSOLUTELY worth the time and money. Now, I'm going to attend the concert on December 1st in London.

How I wish I would be able to attend two (or three, or more...) concerts which would be a few days apart (after the Ely concert I was a little bit sad not having remembered so many details). Something like this is only possible during a tour. I will have to wait till Libera go for an European (or at least UK) tour again, as I can't afford coming to the USA or to the Far East, where they usually sing.

Anyway, I wish you a wonderful time during the concerts and I'm looking forward to reading your comments.
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Hello Andmar,

Thank you for your reply.

I also am very interested in the concert in London.
Okay,I will have a conversation before/after the concert!

LIbera Snow
andmar wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:07 pm">6 years ago</span>
Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:54 pm">6 years ago</span> I guess you flew to ELY from Poland for the concert!
Yes, flying is actually the best option. It's a two hours flight from the place where I live. But attending the concert and meeting other fans in Ely was ABSOLUTELY worth the time and money. Now, I'm going to attend the concert on December 1st in London.

How I wish I would be able to attend two (or three, or more...) concerts which would be a few days apart (after the Ely concert I was a little bit sad not having remembered so many details). Something like this is only possible during a tour. I will have to wait till Libera go for an European (or at least UK) tour again, as I can't afford coming to the USA or to the Far East, where they usually sing.

Anyway, I wish you a wonderful time during the concerts and I'm looking forward to reading your comments.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Nice to meet you, too, Libera Snow! :)
Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:46 pm">6 years ago</span> I wonder how pronounce your user name.
My name is a connection of the words filia Rheni, which means Rhine daughter. I come from the Rhineland. As it's Latin, you can follow Libera. Just listen to Venite adoremus: You pronounce all vowels exactly as they are pronounced here. And "fi" and "rhe" are accentuated, "rhe" more than "fi".
Can this help? :)

Where does your name come from, is "Snow" an allusion to Libera's white robes?

Some forum names' origins here are obvious, but where they are not, I would like to know what the reason was for choosing it. :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Hello filiarheni,

Thank you very much for your explanation about your name.
You are so kind.
Yes,I listened to Venite adoremus.
Hum.....you are very thoughtful!

Libera Snow
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Thank you. :oops: :)

I forgot to say that I was very glad to read your question about the pronunciation, because you share that with me! I always have to know that, too. When I read a name unfamiliar to me, I can spend time with thinking about, trying and searching how it is pronounced right. It also was the case with "Ely", I didn't want to go there without knowing it. :mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"