New

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Al17

New

Post by Al17 »

Hi,

First of all thanks for this great forum about Libera !

I saw Libera on YouTube.
Now I have 6 albums and I'm hooked
Soon I hope to have more albums.

Unfortunalty I missed every concert (Leiden, Poland, Germany ect ect) but I hope to visit one or more concerts soon.

Some of my favorite songs are: Stay with me, Sanctus, Sancte, Salva me and Secret.

As a newbie I hope to learn much more about Libera here.
Actually, I already did it :wink:
-- on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam - Carl Sagan
niels

Re: New

Post by niels »

Welkome!

welkome and enjoy here
nice to see a new dutch member again :D there are a lots of cool things to read about. 8)
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hi Al17,

Welcome to the forum and oh - finally someone who likes Secret like I do, I just love this song, it is my second favourite, so that makes me happy now because I am not so alone anymore with it! :D :D :wink:

And Sancte also, so what about Something Sings? This is a very quiet song, too, and it is so beautiful.

How long have you known Libera?
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Al17

Post by Al17 »

niels wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:54 pm">7 years ago</span> Welkome!

welkome and enjoy here
nice to see a new dutch member again :D there are a lots of cool things to read about. 8)
Thanks niels ! :D
Al17

Post by Al17 »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:58 pm">7 years ago</span> Hi Al17,

Welcome to the forum and oh - finally someone who likes Secret like I do, I just love this song, it is my second favourite, so that makes me happy now because I am not so alone anymore with it! :D :D :wink:

And Sancte also, so what about Something Sings? This is a very quiet song, too, and it is so beautiful.

How long have you known Libera?
Secret is awesome, absolutely one of the best !! :D :D :wink:

Something Sings ?? I don't have it yet :oops: curious about it !
I heard them a long time ago, always thought they give only concerts in England :oops:
But recently I became very interested; missed Leiden, Poland and Germany :oops:

I hope I have a second chance :|
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

A big welcome! It's always a pleasure to meet someone else who appreciates Libera's wonderful music.

A couple links you might be interested in - a TV special from 2009 -

And a rather exhaustive site that traces Libera's activities from the very beginning -

http://li-berahistoricalt-imelinepart1a.blogspot.com

You can click on the links at the top of the page to read about their earlier years.

And don't forget to bookmark their own website (libera.org.uk) where they have pictures, blogs, etc.

Cheers and happy listening!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Yes, Secret is wonderful, the music - for me - is one of Libera's most peaceful. When I listen to it, I always see a sunset before my eyes while blackbirds are sitting on the roof and sing beautifully (leaving the lyrics aside now, it's just for the pure music :wink:). I feel very calm then.

This is Something Sings:

It is a very meditative song, I like it very much.

Here is another fine and useful website containing nearly all the lyrics of Libera's songs together with the information who composed them, who wrote the lyrics, who are the soloists and sometimes also some background knowledge. You will find an overview over all the CDs and DVDs as well with song lists, year of release, etc., a concert list, ...
http://www.libera-songs.de/
And if you want to know which CD(s) contain(s) a special song, you can find the information here more than easily!

Have fun! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Al17 wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:24 pm">7 years ago</span> Hi,

First of all thanks for this great forum about Libera !

I saw Libera on YouTube.
Now I have 6 albums and I'm hooked
Soon I hope to have more albums.

Unfortunalty I missed every concert (Leiden, Poland, Germany ect ect) but I hope to visit one or more concerts soon.

Some of my favorite songs are: Stay with me, Sanctus, Sancte, Salva me and Secret.

As a newbie I hope to learn much more about Libera here.
Actually, I already did it :wink:
Welcome, once again! Thank you for writing an introduction post. Even though you have not seen them live yet, you may yet have a chance at some point in the future. You never know what could happen as their summer plans are still unknown. :D

The songs you listed as your favorites are ones I like as well. I remember when "New Dawn" first came out and I listened to "Secret" and a few others on that album over and over again. So like you and filiarheni, I also enjoy that piece quite a lot. "Stay With Me" and "Salva Me" are the ones I most want to hear live in a concert, although I could do without "Sanctus" only because it's been on nearly every album :roll: :lol: but it's a great song too.

It's so cool that you found them on YouTube and became hooked! Some of their music videos and recordings are fantastic. What was the first song/video or series of songs/videos that impressed you most?

I hope to read more from you. It is always a pleasure to read what other people think of various songs or concerts, especially with a new album coming soon. :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Welcome to the forum.

YouTube is where many of us started this journey and I think Libera know that which is why they seem relatively content to not clamp down on all the copies of their videos and songs that live there. My first video was Far Away with Michael H (the one in the church where Shakespeare is buried)

I notice your like of songs beginning with 'S' - how about Stabat?

It's a shame that you won't be able to join us in Ely next month - I know Brexit is bad but nearly half of us are nice! :wink:

Anyway, here is my 'traditional' welcome to new members:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Al17

Post by Al17 »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:11 am">7 years ago</span> A big welcome! It's always a pleasure to meet someone else who appreciates Libera's wonderful music.

A couple links you might be interested in - a TV special from 2009 -

And a rather exhaustive site that traces Libera's activities from the very beginning -

http://li-berahistoricalt-imelinepart1a.blogspot.com

You can click on the links at the top of the page to read about their earlier years.

And don't forget to bookmark their own website (libera.org.uk) where they have pictures, blogs, etc.

Cheers and happy listening!
The amount of information is overwhelming.
Great special and site !
Ofcourse I bookmarked their own site :D

Thanks ! :D
Last edited by Al17 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al17

Post by Al17 »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:04 am">7 years ago</span> Yes, Secret is wonderful, the music - for me - is one of Libera's most peaceful. When I listen to it, I always see a sunset before my eyes while blackbirds are sitting on the roof and sing beautifully (leaving the lyrics aside now, it's just for the pure music :wink:). I feel very calm then.

This is Something Sings:

It is a very meditative song, I like it very much.

Here is another fine and useful website containing nearly all the lyrics of Libera's songs together with the information who composed them, who wrote the lyrics, who are the soloists and sometimes also some background knowledge. You will find an overview over all the CDs and DVDs as well with song lists, year of release, etc., a concert list, ...
http://www.libera-songs.de/
And if you want to know which CD(s) contain(s) a special song, you can find the information here more than easily!

Have fun! :D
I heard Something Sings; looks like a winner :wink:
Great website, very impressive !

Thanks! :D
Last edited by Al17 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al17

Post by Al17 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:44 am">7 years ago</span> What was the first song/video or series of songs/videos that impressed you most?
Sanctus impressed me most first.
But when I hear and discover more and more songs it's not so easy anymore :wink:
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:44 am">7 years ago</span> I hope to read more from you. It is always a pleasure to read what other people think of various songs or concerts, especially with a new album coming soon. :D
I will thanks! :D
Al17

Post by Al17 »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:40 pm">7 years ago</span> I notice your like of songs beginning with 'S' - how about Stabat?
Stabat is great !!
There is much to explore, the amount of songs is overwelming.
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:40 pm">7 years ago</span> It's a shame that you won't be able to join us in Ely next month - I know Brexit is bad but nearly half of us are nice! :wink:
Soon I join a concert somewhere else I know.
In the meantime I enjoy the music !

Thank you for your kind words :wink:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Hi Al17, a belated welcome from me as well.
More Dutch fans, yay! :D
I read elsewhere you intend to go to the London concert, I hope you can make it, it will be wonderful seeing them for the first time. I am not sure if I can be there, but you will probably meet some other Forum members there :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Al17

Post by Al17 »

Thanks maartendas ! :D

I do everything I can to make it to the London Concert.
I also intend to go to Ely, looks like a very nice place.
Maybe i see you soon or otherwise somewhere else in the future !!