Hello Libera Fans

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

TimS_TheToolman

Hello Libera Fans

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

I have visited this forum and others over the past 4 or 5 years. I was reading my twitter feed of the activities of Libera and other fans at the WYD in Krakow, Poland that pointed me back to here. Some of the members of this forum will recognize my user name, I met them at the 2016 Spring Tour in Korea, which were my very first Libera concerts. I've been a fan of Libera since early 2011.

I've been a fan of all boy choirs (trebles) since I was about 11 years old. I was singing in mixed choir and my father introduced me to the Vienna Boys Choir. I had never heard of an all boys choir until then. I left music behind when I graduated from High School. It wasn't until years later (about a 100 years it seems) with the marvels and miracles of the internet I wondered if the Vienna Boys Choir was on YouTube. That is where I discovered Libera in 2010. I didn't like the 10 second snippet of music I heard the boys in white robes singing so I dismissed them and moved on. In 2011 I was listening to choirs and other music on YouTube and Libera popped up again. This time it was a different song I chose and I took the time to really listen. Wow, these boys are good. I picked another video, WOW, these boys are really, really good! I was hooked. Sad to think I almost didn't become a fan. :cry:

I finally got around to joining this site. I've often wondered how some I follow on Twitter and Instagram get some of their information, now I know. I'll be dropping in often to keep up to date and see what's happening. :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Hello Libera Fans

Post by maartendas »

Hi Tim, welcome and thanks for sharing your story. Glad you discovered Libera again :)
It took me a while to get used to their sound as boy choirs of any kind were completely new to me when I first heard Libera. But I soon learned how much I love that sound and it has had a profound impact on my life.

Yes, the Forum is a great place to share info and especially for those of us who are not (very active) on Twitter and so on :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Hello! Glad to have you!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Tim,

Welcome aboard. I have a feeling I've seen some of your Tweets, the name seems familiar! I would love to know what that first song was that you didn't care for :lol: I don't tend to make the trips outside the UK, but maybe you'll take in a UK concert one day. ANd don't mention WSK in the same breath as Libera - sacrilege :wink:

So here is my time honoured welcome to new members:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TimS_TheToolman

Thank you for the welcome. The song in the vid you posted I'm familiar with, I've seen the show, thanks. I'm sure you've seen some of my tweets as I have seen some of yours. I have followed several fans on Twitter and Instagram and this past spring in Korea I met some of them, a real pleasure. Always nice to make new friends. :D

I intend on making it to the UK one day, soon I hope, for a concert or two, or three... and to see the countries of the UK where my ancestors came from so long ago. Had hoped to get to Poland and Germany for their current concerts but the timing for me was wrong.

And, you have me at a disadvantage, WSK, sorry, can't place a it. :?
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Greetings from Krakow Tim!

It's good to see you posting here. It's not too late to post a review of your first Libera concerts in a land far, far away. :wink:
It would make for interesting reading.

The posters here do a great job of keeping everyone else informed about what's going on in the world of Libera.
I'm proud to call some of them my friends.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Hello and welcome. While the social media world is great in some ways it is also terrible for referencing information posted more than a day or two ago and for sharing long reviews and information as can be done here. I have seen things by you as well as your name sounds familiar to me :D. I am always excited to see how different fans have discovered the group. I knew about them since right before they released "Free" others that are members here have known about them since the late 1980's :shock: when they were still referred to as the St Phillip's Boys Choir.

Anyway it is good to have you here and I hope to read more by you going forward.
TimS_TheToolman wrote:And, you have me at a disadvantage, WSK, sorry, can't place a it. :?
WSK is an abbreviation for Wiener Sängerknaben which is the German name for the Vienna Boys Choir.
TimS_TheToolman

Thanks for the info. I had no idea that WSK was the German/Austrian name the VBC. Was a fan of theirs for a time, until I found Libera. Now, Libera is the standard by which I look at other boys choirs.

Already learned something here, thanks. :D