Hi everyone

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Colmich1

Hi everyone

Post by Colmich1 »

Hello everyone I am Michael from Cumbria UK and a newbie to the site, I only came across libra in the last 12 month's And i am so glad I did.
The first song I heard was Sanctus I could not believe the talent that Libera have and the power of the voices
Raising the roof and ever since I have been buying their music. I am hoping to see them live what a experience that must be.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Surpinto »

Welcome! It's great to have new people and your location in the UK makes it ideal for you to see them. Are you planning on seeing them in Ely in May or will you be holding off until the next December concert? Either way please be sure to participate here as news and information and discussion about concerts gets posted here in great measure. Many times there is information here at Libera Dreams even before it is officially announced thanks to the research of the participants! :D

"Sanctus" is a great song and many fans have discovered Libera through that piece. What other songs of theirs, besides "Sanctus", have you come to enjoy since discovering them?
Colmich1

Post by Colmich1 »

I have been enjoying the more recent music and line up, I have been listening to some of the older songs but for me they are just getting stronger. Besides sanctus I also liked angel, song of life, you were there. The prayer. To name just a few and the new album hope is amazing, and for me Isaac is one of the best I have heard even though is voice is changing now I think he sings hymn to Mary really well and can still belt out angel. I am a musician and play percussion, low d whistle, and dabble a little on the keyboard.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Hello Michael and welcome to the forum.

I can see, you joined a couple of months ago. It's great, that you decided to contribute to the forum too. It looks, that we both discovered Libera more or less in the same time - in December 2016 and it looks, that you are equally happy about finding Libera as I am. I'm lucky to have attended two Libera concerts so far - in Ely this spring and recently in London and I can tell you, seeing their live performance is absolutely worth coming even a long way (well, for me it's a 2 hours flight).

I hope to meet you in Ely next May.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Hi Michael, sorry for the late welcome.

I'm glad you decided to join, which means we'll get to hear more about Libera from one more person. I too have just discovered Libera recently, and they are just pure perfection. I am with you that 'Sanctus' is a great track, even though some might complain it's been played too much in their concerts. It is also one of my first Libera songs (not the first, but almost).

May I ask a question, if your favorites are 'Angel' (just like mine), 'Song of Life' & 'You Were There', how do you feel about 'Far Away' & 'Home' (since they are all written by the same man)?

And I can't agree with you more about the way Isaac pulled 'Hymn to Mary' off!
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hi Michael, welcome to this forum! :D
Good that you found Libera. I think we all feel alike about them and for some of us, Libera has even had a life-changing effect to the positive.

It sounds like you know all Libera songs already? I also agree with you and kinda_k00l about Hymn to Mary.
As you live in the UK, the chance to attend the Ely concert should be quite high?

Anyway, have a good time in the forum! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Michael and welcome

I'm a big fan of the older albums myself but that's not to say I don't enjoy the new stuff. Hearing Isaac do 'Song to Mary' live was fantastic, he had a few of those special solos (like Danny Boy) but sadly his voie isn't changing it's changed! But that is one of the sad and great things about Libera; no time to mourn about who is no longer singing solos because the next new talent is ready to take his bow.

I normally post a different version of this as my welcome to the forum song but they've taken it down so this is all I have:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love