Help Needed

Moderator: Moderators

paul
Site Admin

Help Needed

Post by paul »

So I have been working on the new look for Libera Dreams, but I have run into a bit of design block.

I need some ideas for a new logo. Some of the design constraints I have to work with are,
  • It must fit in and coordinate with the colours.
  • It must be no more than about 30% of the page width.
  • The design need to be fairly simple.
Can you help?
Have you any ideas?
Have you any links to a website that has a logo design that could give me some ideas?

Thanks.

Paul :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Help Needed

Post by maartendas »

Hi Paul,

Sorry, I don't think I can help. I can give my opinion on anything other people put forward, but to think of a logo myself..?

However, I do want to take this opportunity to thank you for all your work on the Forum, which often goes unnoticed, until it reveals itself in something like this fresh lay-out. It took surprising little time for me to get used to it and that's saying something. I hope you keep enjoying to support the Forum and the fan community; it is much appreciated.

Now, if only someone would come up with some logo ideas... :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Paul,

Probably a non starter but how about stealing the font from one of the Libera album covers? I'm thinking the lettering used from their first Christmas album looks good - unfortunately I cant seem to link the picture at the moment but I particularly like the version HERE but THIS VERSION would work too (just the words, not the picture/background)

If we could find out what the font was could we use that just as the page header?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yorkie wrote:how about stealing the font from one of the Libera album covers? I'm thinking the lettering used from their first Christmas album looks good [...]
If we could find out what the font was could we use that just as the page header?
The fonts used on the Libera CDs are quite well known :)

The font used for the iced "libera" on the Christmas Album is named "Bimini", it's the same font as for the Peace album and it was widely used by Libera on programs and posters at that time.

The current most used font comes from the "Core Rhino" font family.
It is used since the 'Libera in America" CD/DVD, and it's also the font used for the new libera logo with the two angels, the Facebook banner, etc.

A few examples :
Image     Image     Image     Image     Image     Image     Image

This said, perhaps it's better to not reuse on our forum the same font 'Core Rhino' that is currently used by libera official, in order to avoid to create any confusion ;)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

How about the title "Libera Dreams" as if it were made from cutouts of pictures of stained glass windows?
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Its been a little while since I have checked into Libera Dreams, so sorry for the late reply.
Certainly food for thought, maybe things should be kept simple with a text only heading, using the fonts above.

When I get a little time, i will put something together.

Paul :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

paul wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:57 pm">7 years ago</span> with a text only heading
Do you mean, no photo anymore? Oooh, I liked the one we had so much. :(
Of course, it was not up-to-date anymore, we would have to look for a new one.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"