Top banner picture

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Top banner picture

Post by maartendas »

Hey everyone,

Just wondering: do you think it's time for a new picture at the top of the Forum's main page? I think Daniel is the only boy in there who is still with the choir (at least I know he is in the America DVD).
As much as I love the current picture, I think it would be nice and refreshing to update it with a new one with more of the current line-up in there. I'm sure there are plenty of current photos to choose from to work something out! 8) We could do the same as Libera Passion did and make it into a contest where people can vote for their favourite. Or just let the admins pick one :wink:

Anyway, these are my thoughts that I wanted to share to see what other people think.
I don't think I will be able to actually do a lot of work myself on the ideas I mentioned, though I wouldn't mind trying my hand at creating some fan art, but that's about it. I'm just throwing this ball out to see who will catch it ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Top banner picture

Post by Yorkie »

Well, it's a good picture but sure, an update would be nice - I love the one with RP and Isaac + Cassius??? sat between the pillar from the US DVD - be good to feature the maestro for a change.

Of course, I don't know the work involved so it's very easy for me to say yes!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Sure, why not?
Liesma

Post by Liesma »

I think that current picture is quite recognizable as Libera-dreams forum title picture. But I agree that it is good to change it to something new, because not everyone knows old Libera members, which are shown in current picture. :)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I have the original artwork, I could keep the style and just replace the members.
Would not be too difficult at all. I could maybe fill the space more to the left with a few more Current faces.

Ill put some ideas together during next week, and maybe we could have a vote on which to use.

Paul.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Would it be possible to fit the current picture and the new one on the banner for continuity's sake.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

paul30003 wrote:I have the original artwork, I could keep the style and just replace the members.
Would not be too difficult at all. I could maybe fill the space more to the left with a few more Current faces.

Ill put some ideas together during next week, and maybe we could have a vote on which to use.

Paul.
Cool! :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Paul: Thank you for responding and for being willing to take this on.
I did recall you were involved in creating the current picture but wasn't sure anymore to what extent. I'm glad you receive my suggestion so well :) I'm looking forward to some new pictures and am willing to help a bit if needed :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Sorry for the delay, I have not forgotten. I've had a lot going on.

Ill get to work on it soon. For now, if anyone has got any ideas for pictures that could be incorporated into the Libera Dreams logo, maybe you could post them here.

I want to try and keep the same sort of style, with the text to the left with a picture of the boys to the right. I was thinking of doing two designs, one with some festive additions around the Libera Dreams text for the months of December and January. Good idea?

I had a bit of creator block as well, so any suggestion will help.

Thanks.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

The obvious choice would be the cover from one of their recent releases:

But my favoured one would be this (if anybody has a high res image and the full photo with Robert's boots showing and not cropped like this):

Last edited by Yorkie on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yorkie wrote:But my favoured one would be this (if anybody has a high res image and the full photo with Robert's desert boots showing and not cropped like this):

There's a better one here --> http://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/t1 ... -usa#25738
(click on the photo to enlarge it)
But as the photo was small on the program, I'm not sure the image quality is good enough to use it as a banner.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Looks good quality to me FDL. Yes I like that photo because when was the last time Robert Prizeman allowed himself to be used in a promo shoot for Libera?...and in such a comical way. Rarer than hens teeth. So this will be a great banner.

In relation to a christmas themed one maybe use the banner from official libera website in regards to 'Santa Will Find You'...

You could probably use a image editor to move the photo of Isaac to the right if you need to have text on the left.

...or this one

My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Looks good quality to me FDL. Yes I like that photo because when was the last time Robert Prizeman allowed himself to be used in a promo shoot for Libera?...and in such a comical way. Rarer than hens teeth. So this will be a great banner.

In relation to a christmas themed one maybe use the banner from official libera website in regards to 'Santa Will Find You'...

You could probably use a image editor to move the photo of Isaac to the right if you need to have text on the left.

...or this one

Not sure I would feel comfortable using Libera's original artwork, but this forum belongs to its members, so i'm not ruling that out.

Opinions?

- Plato
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

I like the second image better, but it would be improved greatly if it was panned down to show more of the boys.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

I'd also prefer that we don't use artwork from Libera's official site, if at all possible. I wish I had the time to put together some ideas, although I'm not sure if I'd actually come up with anything good. :lol: I do like the picture with RP - that would be cool to incorporate somehow.