New design layout...

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

New design layout...

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Hi Kevin. I really like your new design layout for the libera-dreams website, but is there anyway of utilizing or removing the empty space at the far left. It's just I have to keep scrolling across to place the images, and information in the centre of the screen. The Gallery looks nice too.
MWheeler

Post by MWheeler »

Wow - The new layout looks GREAT! I like it very much... good job with it Kevin!!! :D
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

New lay-out looks good... Good job
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

With the new layout I can access the forum and gallery from the links on the home page, but the links to Libera, Media, Site, Fans, and Web seem to be non-functional. I still can't see anything in the spaces below the top area.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thank you all for your feedback!! Expect a new layout for the forum coming soon!!
JimmyRiddle wrote:Hi Kevin. I really like your new design layout for the libera-dreams website, but is there anyway of utilizing or removing the empty space at the far left. It's just I have to keep scrolling across to place the images, and information in the centre of the screen. The Gallery looks nice too.
I removed the spaces on the right side of the home page, I hope that helped!!
TullyBascombe wrote:With the new layout I can access the forum and gallery from the links on the home page, but the links to Libera, Media, Site, Fans, and Web seem to be non-functional. I still can't see anything in the spaces below the top area.
I have tested the new layout on 4 different web browsers and they all work fine. The links work and the appropriate content shows in its respectful place on the page. I do not know why you continue to experience these problems. May I suggest updating your browser or switching to a new one.

Here are screen caps of 4 browsers I tested the new layout on and everything checks out perfectly:

Mozilla FireFox
Click to view cap

Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click to view cap

Apple Safari Browser
Click to view cap

AT&T Yahoo! Browser (My ISP's browser)
Click to view cap

All 4 seem to check out fine and I'm sure other users here are not experiencing any other issues. Right now I dont know what to tell you. I can only suggest upgrading your current web browser or switch to a new one. I apologize for the inconvenience this is giving you but I do not know what else to tell you or any other solutions you could try.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I have tested the new layout on 4 different web browsers and they all work fine. The links work and the appropriate content shows in its respectful place on the page. I do not know why you continue to experience these problems. May I suggest updating your browser or switching to a new one.
All 4 seem to check out fine and I'm sure other users here are not experiencing any other issues. Right now I dont know what to tell you. I can only suggest upgrading your current web browser or switch to a new one. I apologize for the inconvenience this is giving you but I do not know what else to tell you or any other solutions you could try.[/quote]

I don't think it's the web browser, I imagine it's something to do with my Norton Security. Up until about 2 weeks ago I had no problem with loading the entire home page. With the layout change this weekend it's the actual links to the Libera, Media, Fans, and "web" that seem to no longer work. When I click on them nothing happens.
With this latest layout change, did you make changes in the Media, Libera, Site and Web pagest themselves? How does the new layout of those pages differ from the previous one? If I knew that I might be able to find someway of changing the settings of my Internet Security program to solve this problem.
Yes I know that other members who have Norton Internet Security haven't been having this problem. Norton automatically updates itself. I may have received a different update for some reason or the other.

I've been considering changing the security program to the one my wife's computer uses when her current subscription is up so both of our computers will be using the same program. Her mother died last week so we've been too busy to go out and buy the new subscription.
barlies04
Silver Member

new layout

Post by barlies04 »

hi the new layout is so cool and refreshing colour scheme
keep up the great work Kevin
jim
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Success!!!!

Post by TullyBascombe »

Evidently your new layouts require Windows XP .NET 2.0 and/or .NET 3.0, which I just manually downloaded. Judging by their publication dates my automatic updater should have added them months ago, but failed to do so for some reason.

I now have full functionality on Libera Dreams.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Great to hear everything has been fully resolved. I hope you are now able to enjoy the full aspect of Libera Dreams :D Thank you for your patience and understanding!!
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Awsome site. I love it and I love the splash page. It loads alot better than the one you had at Christmas. That one took like 2 whole minutes. Your new one only takes about 5 seconds :D
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

You won't believe this, but today the problem is back. The boxes below the head banner are blank again, and the only links on the heading area which work are the Gallery and Forum links.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I am so sorry about all these problems you are experiencing. I honestly do not know what is causing all of these problems. You can access the news page by simply visiting this link. You can access the Libera page here, the Media page here, the Site page here, the Fans page here, and the Web page here.

I do not know any other solutions as to how you can permanently fix this, but lets hope its just a minor glitch and everything will work properly again in a few days or so.
tcliffy wrote:Awsome site. I love it and I love the splash page. It loads alot better than the one you had at Christmas. That one took like 2 whole minutes. Your new one only takes about 5 seconds :D
The Christmas one was complicated as I used a more complicated script to play the video. This time I used the same piece of coding I use to play videos on Libera Dreams. I'm glad you are enjoying the new layout and splash page!!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Kevin wrote:I am so sorry about all these problems you are experiencing. I honestly do not know what is causing all of these problems. You can access the news page by simply visiting this link. You can access the Libera page here, the Media page here, the Site page here, the Fans page here, and the Web page here.

I do not know any other solutions as to how you can permanently fix this, but lets hope its just a minor glitch and everything will work properly again in a few days or so.
Under current copnditions those links won't work for me.
Are either you or your co-host savy enough that if I sent you a copy of the source I'm getting you might possibly be able to tell me what the problem is? There are statements saying "SymError" which to me indicates a problem with my Internet Security suite. (Norton is owned by Symtec.) Maybe the direction I should be taking is doing something about my internet security rogram.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I just switched my internet security to McAfee and now I can see everything and everything works.

Tonight.

So far.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I do not know why your Norton security system would make this website not function properly as I myself use Norton and everything works fine for me. But I am glad you were able to switch and that everything is working fine now. Lets hope everything stays that way and that you no longer experience any more problems with the website :)