Private Message Notification

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Private Message Notification

Post by carina_gino20 »

I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread. But anyway, I'd just like to ask Kevin if you can tweak the Private Message function here so that we get obvious notifications when a PM arrives.

I just found out a few days ago that I had a month-old and a two-month old message sitting on my inbox crying out for my attention. If I didn't have to send a PM to another member, it would have been sitting there for far longer.

So maybe you can change something like making the PM logo appear in bold or maybe in red if there is a new unread message.

Just a suggestion. :wink:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

You can just go under your profile you can have a notification sent to your email upon arrival of a private message :D
Dennis
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Email is not as perfect as would be a more visible "private message" button, like Carina_Gino suggested.

The email contact can remain unchecked fore some reason, and it's not very usefull to have to check outside elsewhere to have an information that can be displayed just here in the forum more effectively :)

Like Carina_Gino I sometime miss full days before knowing I had received a message :roll:
Currenctly it's Jimmy who's missing a private message I sent him about on month ago ! :lol: (thank you again Jimmy ;) )

Carina's suggestion to have the "private message" displayed in red when a unread message is waiting seems very good to me ! :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hmm, a very nice suggestion. I will work on this and see if I can come up with something. If anyone else has any more suggestions not only for this forum but for the website or for the network, please do not hesitate to let me know.
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

This may have been discussed before...but what's up with the main site????
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

symphonica7 wrote:This may have been discussed before...but what's up with the main site????
What do you mean?

Unfortunately, Kevin (the site creator) hasn't been around for awhile and doesn't seem to be contactable. Hope he is ok but in the meantime we are walking on a knife edge - I don't know much about web sites but without an Admin pulling everything together I suspect they don't last too long.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:
symphonica7 wrote:This may have been discussed before...but what's up with the main site????
What do you mean?

Unfortunately, Kevin (the site creator) hasn't been around for awhile and doesn't seem to be contactable. Hope he is ok but in the meantime we are walking on a knife edge - I don't know much about web sites but without an Admin pulling everything together I suspect they don't last too long.
Was that not Kevin who just replied 2 posts ago?

Web site not lasting to long!

That it what i fear, after chatting with so many good people with a common interest.

I would not like to loose contact with everyone here.

Not trying to muscle in on someone Else's forum or fan-site.

In the event that Libera Dreams disappears from the web, ill set up a temporary forum on my web space at http://www.libera-peace.co.uk so that Libera Dreams fans can keep in touch.

I don't actually use the web space, only the email so all that is there is a website holding page.

Lets hope we don't loose Libera Dreams
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Well unless Kevin as automatic-renewal setup, libera-dreams will be up for sale on 4th September

As Paul as done, setting a temporary site is a good idea, but my experience of these forum transfers, is that not everybody registers on the new site and it will take years to build up subscription to what we have currently on libera-dreams.
Kevin wrote:If anyone else has any more suggestions not only for this forum but for the website or for the network, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Yep, an in-place upgrade to the next generation phpBB bulletin board would be just the ticket, but failing that, just pop-in to let us know your still alive and well!!!