SERVER AND NETWORK ISSUES

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

SERVER AND NETWORK ISSUES

Post by Anonymous »

As I'm sure a majority of you all noticed, the entire network went down the other day. The webhost that serves the Libera Dreams network encountered a huge server issue the other day and has been working to restore everything.

As of today, the server seems to back up, however stability issues are still present. Until these and other known issues get fixed, the network will be slow and unresponsive at times.

I am working really hard to get everything back online, even moving some parts of the network to our second server. Please bear with us as we try to resolve all this. If you encounter any errors or problems, please let me know. Please be sure to include where you encountered the error and what error message, if any, you received.

If you have any further comments or questions, please do not hesitate to email me.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Earlier today I experienced server issues while trying to access the forum. At first it said "internal server error", a couple of hours later I was able to access the front page of the forum but unable to log in as the page kept loading indefinitely after I had entered my log in details. I'm glad the site is back up again, and hope that it will have no major issues. I was already starting to miss everyone here! :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

maartendas wrote:Earlier today I experienced server issues while trying to access the forum. At first it said "internal server error", a couple of hours later I was able to access the front page of the forum but unable to log in as the page kept loading indefinitely after I had entered my log in details. I'm glad the site is back up again, and hope that it will have no major issues. I was already starting to miss everyone here! :wink:
That happened to Symphonica7 and I last night, and I'll admit I started freaking out and restarting my computer :roll: It was back up this morning though, and has been okay since I woke up.
Here's to hoping this is not another 360 deal!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Well, I figured we'd always be able to get in touch through other websites. But I would sure miss this place if it went away. Here's to appreciating what we have!
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

Had the same issue this morning when trying to log on... all of the Libera Dreams sites were down. I'm starting to worry that the site will crash completly without Kevin.
Dennis
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

whitetail1985 wrote:Had the same issue this morning when trying to log on... all of the Libera Dreams sites were down. I'm starting to worry that the site will crash completly without Kevin.
Why do you think so? From what I understand, he doesn't host the website on a personal server, so I figured that his absence and these technical problems are two separate issues.

--edit: whoops, too soon - I now read that he refers to "our second server" so I guess you're right, whitetail - his presence is needed to keep the site up and running.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

This is something that I'm also worried about :(
"internal server error"- I have seen this a few times :?
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Do you guys think it would be good to have a back up plan incase it goes down for good? :?
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Rebecca (: wrote:Do you guys think it would be good to have a back up plan incase it goes down for good? :?
Well I suggested this, I own the domain "www.libera-peace.co.uk" and can run a forum like phpbb. but I dont wan't to step in on this great site, but I could go forward with it, just in case this site does go down. Like as you say a backup.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

paul30003 wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:Do you guys think it would be good to have a back up plan incase it goes down for good? :?
Well I suggested this, I own the domain "www.libera-peace.co.uk" and can run a forum like phpbb. but I dont wan't to step in on this great site, but I could go forward with it, just in case this site does go down. Like as you say a backup.
Oh yeah, that's be great!
It looks as if it's gonna stay up now, probably just a server error earier, but Id say your site would be the best bet for relocation!
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Rebecca (: wrote:
paul30003 wrote:
It looks as if it's gonna stay up now, probably just a server error earier, but Id say your site would be the best bet for relocation!
Ok its done!

Just to be clear, http://www.libera-peace.co.uk has not been created to replace or relocate in anyway libera-dreams, it is merely common meeting ground should libera-dreams suffer the fate of libera360.

Note to site admin and mods:

I'm not trying to replace or take members from here, it is just a backup, should libera-dreams become permanently offline.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

It's comforting to know that there is a back-up plan - and here's to hoping we never have to use it! ;)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

maartendas wrote:It's comforting to know that there is a back-up plan - and here's to hoping we never have to use it! ;)
Amen to that

- Plato
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

paul30003 wrote:
paul30003 wrote:
Ok its done!

Just to be clear, http://www.libera-peace.co.uk has not been created to replace or relocate in anyway libera-dreams, it is merely common meeting ground should libera-dreams suffer the fate of libera360.

I'm not trying to replace or take members from here, it is just a backup, should libera-dreams become permanently offline.
Thanks for your efforts Paul 30003 in coming up with your own back-up site! I have not had trouble logging in lately but I am here on the west coast of the US. I do hope this site sticks around as it is the only Libera site I am a member of currently :(
Sing, Sing, Ye Heavenly Choir
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

LiberAeterna wrote:
paul30003 wrote:
Ok its done!

Thanks for your efforts Paul 30003 in coming up with your own back-up site! I have not had trouble logging in lately but I am here on the west coast of the US. I do hope this site sticks around as it is the only Libera site I am a member of currently :(
I just registered on your site yesterday, Paul. I would encourage everyone to at least add Paul's site to your bookmarks or favorites, because if this site ever does go down permanently you will not be able to access the forums to get the backup site address.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"