New layout for forum?

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

I havn't had any error messages on the forum in a day or two, thanks for all your hard work Kevin!! :D
Dennis
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Kevin wrote:Thank you, I have deleted those posts.

I truly apologize for the SPAM, I am working really hard to finish this new anti-spam system, but its taking a whole lot longer than I wanted because of school and such for me. Rest assured, I will have it online as soon as I can. Please just bare with me.

And quick question, do any of you still encounter any errors on this forum or anywhere else on any of the network websites?
No errors so far. No worries about the Spam. Just thought I'd let you know in case you missed it. Good luck with school.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!! Thar be Spam in the "Fun stuff" section! Someone be selling Herpes medication! Alert the Cap'n. Someone be walking the plank by me reckonin'. Arrrggghhhh!!!! What be happin' to the "Report Post" button?
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

I just noticed also some new registered members has some very, how do I put it, not family oriented user names (like live-----ians). Kevin, or any of the moderators, please check their profile and do a little background screening. I think that we have some minors in this group, and might need to protect them along with our beloved Libera boys.
Thank you.

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

I have been watchin the new members close but alas, there is nothing I, as a moderator, can do about the members. I can only delete or edit the posts as soon as I see them. We are all trying our best while Kevin continues to work on the SPAM issue.
Dennis
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

whitetail1985 wrote:I have been watchin the new members close but alas, there is nothing I, as a moderator, can do about the members. I can only delete or edit the posts as soon as I see them. We are all trying our best while Kevin continues to work on the SPAM issue.
I really appreciate all your hard work, and I know there is nothing much you can do unless there are inappropriate comments come up. I am just a little uneasy........
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I think maybe if we employ the Captcha I think it is called, where you have to type in some distorted words to become a member, it will stop the bots. FaceBook uses it all the time. I have my own personal page set that you have to do that to become my friend.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Some super computers can read those CAPTCHA images and get through.

I am pleased to announce that I have finally installed the new anti-bot system to the forum. I hope this new system will help prevent new bot registration and bot posts.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Kevin wrote:Some super computers can read those CAPTCHA images and get through.

I am pleased to announce that I have finally installed the new anti-bot system to the forum. I hope this new system will help prevent new bot registration and bot posts.
Some computers can read CAPTCHA? That's amazing. I can't even read CAPTCHA most of the time; it gets so ridiculous. I had to fill out one the other day that actually said "artcraft $160,302,000."

Thanks for all your work on the spam issue, Kevin!
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

tcenrt wrote:I just noticed also some new registered members has some very, how do I put it, not family oriented user names (like live-----ians). Kevin, or any of the moderators, please check their profile and do a little background screening. I think that we have some minors in this group, and might need to protect them along with our beloved Libera boys.
Thank you.

Ann
As Kevin said, He is working on new system. It will be installed soon!! ;) We have to be patient and thanks for your interest in security of this board! ;)
Moderators team will delete all spam posts. Don't worry. ;) We are watching over you :roll:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

TEB wrote:I think maybe if we employ the Captcha I think it is called, where you have to type in some distorted words to become a member, it will stop the bots. FaceBook uses it all the time. I have my own personal page set that you have to do that to become my friend.
I have the beginnings of a cataract in one eye and would deeply appreciate it if you did not use Captcha, or if you do use it only for first registery of new members.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The new system employs a new captcha method for new user registration only.

The new system also monitors current users as well as posts. If the system suspects a profile and/or a post contains even the smallest hint of SPAM, the profile and/or the post will be automatically blocked and reported.

This new system I built very sensitive so please watch what you post, dont want the new system thinking your posts, let along your profile, think its SPAM ;)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Since a few weeks, I have an error message above the forum header banner :

The error message is something about french language (in fact I'm in France), so this error is surely not general :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Will look into this and work on resolving it. This week is Final Exams week for me so I will be very busy studying. I will work on resolving it as soon as I can. I apologize for this issue.

If anyone else is receiving an error similar to this using another language pack on the forum besides English, please let me know.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Some URLs are not correctly interpreted by the forum and cannot be used as link.

Example :

Code: Select all

http://eplus.jp/sys/main.jsp?prm=U=82:P6=001:P1=0096:P2=011833:P5=0001:P7=1:P0=GGWC01:P3=0022
(here the same URL : http://tinyurl.com/yhnjtru )