New layout for forum?

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Narnian wrote: It's not a big problem... When we post something we can choose font size size size size :roll:
Thanks Kevin for your work ;)

Well, this will work if everyone who posts uses a bigger size. But it won't help with the reading if everyone just uses the standard "normal" font.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Other question (sorry if this have been already asked) :
what about embedding Youtube videos directly in the forum, like this ?

It's useful, it allows to see immediatly what the video looks like.
Often I see here an URL of a video, so I click on it, and when I arrive on Youtube I see that I already know that video.

Would it be possible to embed videos ? :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thats something I have been working on for a while as well, including the ability to embed videos from the Libera Dreams websites onto here or anywhere else.

Please, continue with your suggestions. All of these plus more will be under consideration for the future planning of Libera Dreams 10.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

[youtube][/youtube]

YouTube video embedding now enabled on the forum :)

To embed a YouTube video, simply add [ youtube ] video url [ /youtube ] to your post, minus the spaces of course. If you have any questions or issues, please let me know.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Great !!! :D

Thank You very much Kevin ! :)
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Thanks, Kevin! :wink: It's nice to see new opportunities on our board! :!:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Im glad you are all liking and enjoying this new feature, took weeks of development and testing, with much more testing being conducted right now to make sure the new system is running smoothly.

Please, if you have any more suggestions please let me know and I will work on getting it implemented.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Kevin, the new feature is great! And very simple to use! I tried embedding a video and don't face any difficulties.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I developed the new system so that it would be simple, just add the YouTube tags and place the link of the video in between and thats it, no need to worry about the embed codes and whatnot, thats all taken care of.

The new system has completed its BETA testing and is now 100% fully operational :)
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Thanks so much for all the awesome changes, Kevin! The forum just keeps getting better and better.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Well, one thing I will say that is improved, that on a page where there is embedded Youtube vids, the screen widens out to full size again instead of having the 2 inches of dead space on either side without a video. So, now all we need is for someone to embed a video on every page on this forum. Then they will be big enough to read without having my nose right on the monitor.
Still remaining the odd man out here who does not like this change.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Working on a fix for text right now, hoping to get it up as soon as I can, so sorry about this TEB :\
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Kevin wrote:Working on a fix for text right now, hoping to get it up as soon as I can, so sorry about this TEB :\
Thanks Kevin. I appreciate all the trouble you are going to for this.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Absolutely no problem at all :)

Question to you all:
I am developing a new system right now for use on the videos section of the website. Its a comments system, in the form of say YouTube, where you could add a comment to the video your watching. What do you guys think, a good system or one that may not get too much attention?
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Kevin wrote:Absolutely no problem at all :)

Question to you all:
I am developing a new system right now for use on the videos section of the website. Its a comments system, in the form of say YouTube, where you could add a comment to the video your watching. What do you guys think, a good system or one that may not get too much attention?
Sounds like a pretty cool idea; I'd definitely use it!