New layout for forum?

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That kind of URL can be mistaken my the script because it uses colons and most URLs do not use colons so the script running the URL feature of the board considers it "improper" and therefore displays it wrong.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

The most trivial of things but if you don't ask.....

When creating posts you have a spell check that underlines incorrect spellings in red. It always picks up on 'Libera' and the album and song names e.g. Luminosa.

Any chance we could add them to the dictionary? Going one better, as a poor speller it is good to know when I'm wrong (underlined in red) but the lack of suggested correct spelling is annoying.

I suspect it would be too difficult to have suggested alternate spellings but hey.......
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

Yorkie wrote:The most trivial of things but if you don't ask.....

When creating posts you have a spell check that underlines incorrect spellings in red. It always picks up on 'Libera' and the album and song names e.g. Luminosa.

Any chance we could add them to the dictionary? Going one better, as a poor speller it is good to know when I'm wrong (underlined in red) but the lack of suggested correct spelling is annoying.

I suspect it would be too difficult to have suggested alternate spellings but hey.......
The spell checker is part of your web browser, not the web site. You need to add Libera, etc. to the dictionary on your computer. On my system (Safari, Mac OSX 10.5), there's a context menu option to "learn spelling" that presumably adds the word to the dictionary.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

DrewE wrote:

The spell checker is part of your web browser, not the web site. You need to add Libera, etc. to the dictionary on your computer. On my system (Safari, Mac OSX 10.5), there's a context menu option to "learn spelling" that presumably adds the word to the dictionary.

I was about to say, when did we get a spell checker here on Dreams?
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

DrewE wrote:

Dear me, you don't know how old and stupid you just made me feel :oops:

Mercy & Love
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

No worries Yorkie :)

As the others have explained, it is with your browser not the forum. A spell check system is available for this forum network, however it is not activated and I in fact removed it altogether since browsers have that built in on their own.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

which is probably a good thing. Besides... it'll teach everyone to spell :lol:
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

You were kind enough to increase the size limit for Avatar's - any chance you could up the file size from 10k?

Alternatively, are their any free methods to compress the size of a picture down to the 10k limit?

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It's easy to do Yorkie :)

First to check : be sure to save your picture in .jpg format :)

Second : if your avatar was set to max 200 * 200 pixels and weights more than 10 KB, then you need to change a little the compression level.
This is generaly available in the "save as" function.
When doing a "save as", you should see a button or a tab or something named "options" (or whatever similar) allowing to change a number called "compression level" or "quality" or something like that.
The higher the number, the heavier in Bytes.

Do not decrease too many the number, it may decrease greatly de picture quality. To a few tests decreasing little by little the number, to preserve as much quality as possible, and then you have done :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:It's easy to do Yorkie :)

Second : if your avatar was set to max 200 * 200 pixels and weights more than 10 KB, then you need to change a little the compression level.
When doing a "save as", you should see a button or a tab or something named "options" (or whatever similar) allowing to change a number called "compression level" or "quality" or something like that.

Do not decrease too many the number, it may decrease greatly de picture quality. To a few tests decreasing little by little the number, to preserve as much quality as possible, and then you have done :)
Well, I've not seen anything that gives me the option to edit the file size of the picture - it just saves it as it is!!! Mind you, it's almost certainly down to me and not Bill Gates!

Mercy & Love
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Yorkie wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:It's easy to do Yorkie :)

Well, I've not seen anything that gives me the option to edit the file size of the picture - it just saves it as it is!!! Mind you, it's almost certainly down to me and not Bill Gates!
Don't feel bad Andrew, I can't ever figure out this kind of stuff either.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

If anyone of you need help to resize you avatars.. I will gladly help! It sounds a little complicated explaining in words, but trust me, it's pretty simple. Just drop me a pm. I can't promise I can get back to you immediately but I'll definitely have time over the weekends.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

xsakurax wrote:If anyone of you need help to resize you avatars.. I will gladly help! It sounds a little complicated explaining in words, but trust me, it's pretty simple. Just drop me a pm. I can't promise I can get back to you immediately but I'll definitely have time over the weekends.
That's very kind of you, when I find a picture that I really must have as my avatar I'll be dropping you a line for help :D

Cheers.

Mercy & Love
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I just noticed the new layout! Libera-Dreams website! It's great! But there's missing content, I think or so I think Kevin is in the midst of adding it in. It looks great definitely. :D
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

xsakurax wrote:I just noticed the new layout! Libera-Dreams website! It's great! But there's missing content, I think or so I think Kevin is in the midst of adding it in. It looks great definitely. :D
agreed!