WARNING!!!

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Which news and which front page? The forum front page? Please help me identify what got deleted so that I can try to fix it.

And to Ty's comment, I am glad that the first security feature worked, actually better than I expected. I have decided not to add the second security feature, at least for now.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

When I enter the Libera Dreams site on the main page I can still see the picture of the choir with the buttons or links for the various pages ( media, forum, gallery, etc. ) but the area which used to contain the site news is now just a blank. It wasn't that way a week ago.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

TullyBascombe wrote:When I enter the Libera Dreams site on the main page I can still see the picture of the choir with the buttons or links for the various pages ( media, forum, gallery, etc. ) but the area which used to contain the site news is now just a blank. It wasn't that way a week ago.

I don't have that problem, but it comes a bit slowly sometimes
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

It comes up right away with me. Are you using dial-up, dsl, or what?
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

DSL. I wonder if I downloaded some sort of "auto-update" on one of my security measures that's blocking it. Do any of you use Norton Security?
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

yeah, well, I have Norton Anti-virus. I don't know if my dad's put anything else on. But the stuff still works for me whenever I open up the main page.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I tried disabling Norton Security, but it didn't make any difference.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Are you talking about the news ticker on the right side or the news page on the homepage? I myself use Norton but everything works fine with me. What browser do you use?
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'm talking about the site news that usually appears below the menu area on the home page. By menu area I'm referring to the area with pictures of Libera and links to Home, Libera, Media, Forum, Gallery, Site, Fans and Web. When I click on the links for Media, Fans, and Site the usual content appears in the box, but if I click Home it's blank. The area to the right is blank too.

I use the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I myself am using the latest version of MS Internet Explorer and I tested the website on it and everything showed up for me. Please note that Libera Dreams uses iframes. Be sure your browser settings display iframes. I test the website on 3 different browsers: Mozilla FF, MS Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari Browser and the website appears normally on all 3. I suggest using Mozilla FireFox (which is the current browser I am using).
MWheeler

Post by MWheeler »

I am experiencing the same issue although it depends which computer I use. I have an eMac and a MacBook side by side right now at my school. The eMac shows a "blank screen" below the Libera picture but the MacBook shows the text on the left hand side in the "Welcome to Libera Dreams" section. Neither of them will show the scrolling text that's on the right hand side, but my iMac at home displays everything just fine.

This is true regardless of what browser I use... Safari, Firefox or Explorer.

Maybe this could be a plugin issue???
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Kevin wrote:I myself am using the latest version of MS Internet Explorer and I tested the website on it and everything showed up for me. Please note that Libera Dreams uses iframes. Be sure your browser settings display iframes. I test the website on 3 different browsers: Mozilla FF, MS Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari Browser and the website appears normally on all 3. I suggest using Mozilla FireFox (which is the current browser I am using).
Where would I look for the iframes setting?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Any reason why the Gallery as been restricted to authorised members only?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

To TullyBascombe, it should be in the browser configurations and settings.

And to JimmyRiddle, I restricted it just to see how many users visit the gallery. Also to help protect with copyright of some of the photos.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I don't see anything in my browser settings that specifically mentions iframes. I might mention that I wasn't having a problem until about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago. Furthermore, while I can't see the site news and the ticker on the home page I have no problem displaying the menus for "Libera", "Media", and etc that go in the same box. What is the difference in the program that displays those menus and the program that displays site news?