An Important Announcement

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

I would personally like to thank kjackson who has done a magnificent job in publishing these recent events and with keeping everyone up to date.
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope all of you moderators know that what you do is appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to make this a fun and safe place for us all to enjoy!!! :D
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Plato
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Jude Andrew wrote:I would personally like to thank kjackson who has done a magnificent job in publishing these recent events and with keeping everyone up to date.
:oops: just doing my part ;) ...I hope this is on the verge of being resolved :!: :!:
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I'm pleased to read that you guys are caring for the long term stability of the forum. I'm afraid I don't have the technical background to offer any practical support.

I do hope Kevin is doing okay; I seem to remember reading that health issues were slowing him up. Hopefully this will all get sorted out and we will all be able to continue to enjoy the community that has been established here.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Just had a thought. Kevin must be okay, because he's signing into his LiberaUSA YouTube account every few days. http://www.youtube.com/user/LiberaUSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Wonder why he's not updated his Libera Dreams website though?
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

On his personal webpage he says :
"At the moment, I am not working on any website projects but I do hope to start one as soon as possible. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know and I will think about it and possibly build it."

But there's no link to when te site is updated so this means nothing I guess / hope.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Does anyone have an actual phone number to give him a call??
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

We have noticed that bit about the YouTube site, which is part of what got the ball rolling on this end.
On his personal webpage he says :
"At the moment, I am not working on any website projects but I do hope to start one as soon as possible. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know and I will think about it and possibly build it."
That's interesting...

We've been quiet for much of the week, pending possible communication with Kevin via a request made by the sponsor...that hasn't happened yet. Whatever the future course, we want to again reassure the membership that a resolution to this matter either way is still a priority--we just don't have much to report at the moment.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

well, let's wait till after Memorial day for those in the U.S. (or is it an international holiday?).

Happy Memorial day to all our veterans, past and present, and to all the armed forces of the allies of the United States. May God be with all of you and your families and to the families of those no longer with us.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Dear friends--

I'm going to close out this thread with a brief update--there have been no developments apart from a single email from the admin that committed to very little and, unfortunately, has not resulted in any proactive steps being taken to address the issues the moderators put before the admin and sponsor both.

Although I and the others have been patient and understanding, it seems clearer each day that the site has been cut loose and, in large part, abandoned--the primary site has not received an update since the middle of April. We still have no clearer idea of when the main site will receive attention/needed maintenance, nor have we received a response on the forum from the webmaster despite our repeated requests.

Accordingly: after this Friday approaching (12 June), I will no longer participate as an active member of this community. It will be better in the long run if the effort and time I have channelled into this community is expended on others that benefit from better maintenance and better prospects for long-term growth.

I feel I and the other moderators have done all that is reasonable to support the community, and have unfortunately not received matching interest from the very people responsible for its maintenance.

Thanks to all of you for your friendship and support in this matter--I regret that we were not able to bring it to a more satisfying conclusion.

KJ
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

kjackson83 wrote:Dear friends--

I'm going to close out this thread with a brief update--there have been no developments apart from a single email from the admin that committed to very little and, unfortunately, has not resulted in any proactive steps being taken to address the issues the moderators put before the admin and sponsor both.

Although I and the others have been patient and understanding, it seems clearer each day that the site has been cut loose and, in large part, abandoned--the primary site has not received an update since the middle of April. We still have no clearer idea of when the main site will receive attention/needed maintenance, nor have we received a response on the forum from the webmaster despite our repeated requests.

Accordingly: after this Friday approaching (12 June), I will no longer participate as an active member of this community. It will be better in the long run if the effort and time I have channelled into this community is expended on others that benefit from better maintenance and better prospects for long-term growth.

I feel I and the other moderators have done all that is reasonable to support the community, and have unfortunately not received matching interest from the very people responsible for its maintenance.

Thanks to all of you for your friendship and support in this matter--I regret that we were not able to bring it to a more satisfying conclusion.

KJ

So,
Should we be expecting this board to disappear in an untimely fashion anytime soon?????
While I am already part of the Angel Voices community on Yahoo, I do feel more at home here. Very few of the subjects on that board are of any interest to me other than their extensive and promptly updated gallery.
The format of any Yahoo group is confusing at best and mostly annoying to work with.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

kjackson83 wrote:Dear friends--

KJ
What........... Kelsie, don't leave!!!

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
libera36

Post by libera36 »

kjackson83 wrote:Accordingly: after this Friday approaching (12 June), I will no longer participate as an active member of this community. It will be better in the long run if the effort and time I have channelled into this community is expended on others that benefit from better maintenance and better prospects for long-term growth.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......... You can't leave us!!! :cry: I had an idea today about how we could keep the forum going. What if we try to move over to one of the other Libera forums? Not that I think deserting this forum is a great idea, but the forums on liberafans.org and on libera360.com are both well cared for, but lacking in the area of members...
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
OK, this is like super shocking news! I mean, I have been a member for more than a year already, and it's the only Libera fan site I have signed up for. Everyone here is just like family - warm, friendly, and welcoming. We can't just let this forum die down or disappear. But neither do I know how we could salvage the situation. But I really hope we could at least do something. Can we?

Anyone has any suggestions?
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

::: needed clarification :::

I don't know what the future of the forum is--that was the whole reason we (and I say "we" advisedly) embarked on this little odyssey a month or so ago. It's my understanding these things keep trucking along until 1. the volume of posts becomes more than the server machines can handle or 2. the server machines are yanked offline by whomever. Neither of those is an inevitable possibility for the present.

We had previously discussed that the 'nuclear option' would be to gather up people here and move them elsewhere--that would be to cross a line, and I on my own will not be party to something as drastic as that. I think it's okay, though, to echo what's been said previously: interact with the other communities as well--Libera360 in particular is making an enormous effort to get off the ground and needs the members.

The webmaster's absence and lack of involvement have simply reached terminally high levels for me personally, especially after we have attempted, in a very diplomatic and understanding manner, to resolve his difficulties in managing the site vis-a-vis external concerns, and have received nothing but silent intransigence.

I am not encouraging/demanding anyone else leave, and certainly my absence will not "kill" the community--we simply did not resolve this situation, and I think a great deal of time and effort is heading for naught in the absence of an able, active admin.