An Important Announcement

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

you are not allowed to leave kelsie ... who will i ahve to argue about the uk :(

no seriously kelsie, we dont need the main site to keep going as soon as people hear about news it gets posted here so its as good as it gets and sometimes even better then when kevin puts things up.

it would be a great shame to lose people cause one teenager gave up when there is over 40 active members on the site... tbh i never looked at the front page :)

i fear that as soon as one person leaves more and more will go... if only i was a web designer :(

its alright for you lot to leave and go join libera 360 but i cant get on there for some reason and the mod cant help me and the AV forum doesnt have the homely feel like this one and is rather complicated

anyone else know a good forum which i can asses and not confuse myself on... im not planning on leaving but if this one dies then i need my libera boost from somewhere ....
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Exactly kthomp. I don't intend to go anywhere until nobody on this forum talks anymore... The other Libera forums aren't half as good as this one. The forum hoster Kevin used is free (phpBB forum hosting) and has unlimited bandwith, so it won't shut down if Kevin doesn't shut it down. I'm assuming Kevin isn't paying for the domain name by the month, because if he was (or, I guess my point is, if he wasn't paying for the domain name) the site would probably already be gone. If it is by year, then Kevin payed for it when Libera-Dreams had its birthday in May, in which case we're good until next May.
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

libera36 wrote:Exactly kthomp. I don't intend to go anywhere until nobody on this forum talks anymore... The other Libera forums aren't half as good as this one. The forum hoster Kevin used is free (phpBB forum hosting) and has unlimited bandwith, so it won't shut down if Kevin doesn't shut it down. I'm assuming Kevin isn't paying for the domain name by the month, because if he was (or, I guess my point is, if he wasn't paying for the domain name) the site would probably already be gone. If it is by year, then Kevin payed for it when Libera-Dreams had its birthday in May, in which case we're good until next May.
Just curious, anyone know how much is the fees for the domain name?

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Sad news indeed Kelsie - I only just got here and without you moderators there really isn't much left.

Where will I go? Who will I talk to?

I can only imagine the amount of effort you guys have put in to try and sort this mess out and how disappointing it's been that you didn't resolve the problem, but is there no other way forward? I would be sad to lose you all as internet friends - I've enjoyed chatting with you all.

I know you won't encourage people to leave and go elsewhere but surely we can pitch up on another site and still keep logging in here?

Don't make me beg Kelsie :cry:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Well, there is a difference between domain names and domain hosting. Domain names are usually just a couple dollars a year, but domain hosting is $50-$60 a year. I was talking to my brother (he's into computers and everything related...) and he said that if we were going to move to another forum, the sooner we did it, the better. The other option would be to create a new forum and move everybody there. Do moderators have the ability to edit what people who aren't logged into the forum see on the front page? We could post a re-direct there, if we decided to move...
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is Kevin willing to transfer this website to someone else? Is anyone willing to take it?

Mind you I'm not volunteering. I'm an old man. My web expertise stretches as far as copying url links and no further.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

If nobody can contact Kevin I don't think that it really matters, at this point. I think that the community on here and the welcoming feel on here is really unique and I'm sad that's going to go away... :cry:
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

well we havent succeded in changing kelsies mind so im going to say bye now as im of to bed and dont know when you will last read all our comments,

hope you get to see and be in the uk soon still dont see why you like it hehe

Bye
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

oh forgot to say take care kelsie
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

This man from the Netherlands say: Stay dedicated, there is no better
Liberafansite/forum on the internet then THIS
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Friends--
Time to sign off.

I should like to thank you for your friendship, and for the expressions on the other threads, too. I hope in time things get resolved around here and all turns out well. All the best to all of you! See you somewhere out there...

KJ
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

kthomp wrote: its alright for you lot to leave and go join libera 360 but i cant get on there for some reason and the mod cant help me and the AV forum doesnt have the homely feel like this one and is rather complicated

I have no idea on 360, never been there to look but the AV forum on yahoo is not user friendly by design. It is difficult to navigate around the entire board and Heaven help you if you plan on having any kind of discussion with one another as all posts, all posts are pre read and edited by the main moderator before they show up on the board. So it could be up to 12 hours till you even see your post let alone get any kind of reply. Impossible to have a discussion or even have a game of any kind. I recently posted a birthday greeting to Callum and it was a full day until it appeared on the board.
I like it here. I don't want to leave and I don't want to look for a new discussion board. I simply don't want to have to start over.

Well, I got to go. I am about half disgusted and more than a little depressed about this whole situation. Quite frankly, this all sucks. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
libera36

Post by libera36 »

TEB wrote:Well, I got to go. I am about half disgusted and more than a little depressed about this whole situation. Quite frankly, this all sucks. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
I know what you mean... Sucks is pretty much the only word to describe this. I say we just keep on with our discussions here on this board, and if something happens, something happens. It doesn't seem like anything is going to happen immediately, though.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

SIGH. This is rather depressing. But for now, sticking here and now moving elsewhere. I really hope this forum will still survive. Please. We'll just have to keep posting.
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

This really does suck this is the best forum i've been a member of! everyone is so nice and this forum is very active.

But eventually it will shut down yahoo AV is nice but the forum layout sucks. Libera fans is poor because you have to open each reply which sucks... libera360 has a forum layout similar to this. one the downside is there are some really strange members on that forum, and some odd topics, but i do recommend libera360---- when this site closes down. But hopefully we can get this forum into some controlled hands and keep things going