To open links into a new tab

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
fan_de_LoK
Platinum Member
Posts: 1885
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Paris

To open links into a new tab

Post by fan_de_LoK » 2 years ago

Hi,

I just wrote a message that has two links to libera.org, here --> http://forum.libera-dreams.com/viewtopi ... 127#p46127

When I click on these links the browser goes to the site, using the current tab, which has the effect of making me lose my session on Libera dreams.

I know I can do a right-click / "open in new tab", but I find it odd to have to stipulate myself to use a new tab.
Usually the sites open external links by default in a new tab, precisely in order not to lose their visitors the first click they make.

Is the forum can be configured by default to open external links in a new tab?

Thank you :)

Patrick.

User avatar
paul
Site Admin
Posts: 1565
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: United Kindom
Contact:

Re: To open links into a new tab

Post by paul » 1 year ago

I could not find the original thread, but thank you FDL for your previous comments. We are now able to keep our sessions with ease and all External links will now open in a new tab / window. I know this fix has been a while, but it has been a high priority on my list, and i'm am now happy to cross this one off.

Thanks for your patients. :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"
_______________________________________________________________________


"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato

User avatar
fan_de_LoK
Platinum Member
Posts: 1885
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Paris

Re: To open links into a new tab

Post by fan_de_LoK » 1 year ago

It works perfectly, thank you very much Paul :D

User avatar
paul
Site Admin
Posts: 1565
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: United Kindom
Contact:

Re: To open links into a new tab

Post by paul » 1 year ago

fan_de_LoK wrote:It works perfectly, thank you very much Paul :D
Thank you. I could not make this fix sooner, as editing this version forum can break things. I had to wait for the developers to make a module for that feature.

:)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"
_______________________________________________________________________


"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato

User avatar
Yorkie
Diamond Member
Posts: 4069
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: God's own county - Yorkshire

Re: To open links into a new tab

Post by Yorkie » 1 year ago

paul wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:It works perfectly, thank you very much Paul :D
Thank you. I could not make this fix sooner, as editing this version forum can break things. I had to wait for the developers to make a module for that feature.

:)
Thanks Paul - you have really got stuck in to a lot of things around here in the last few weeks and it is much appreciated.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.


Mercy & Love

User avatar
paul
Site Admin
Posts: 1565
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: United Kindom
Contact:

Re: To open links into a new tab

Post by paul » 1 year ago

Yorkie wrote:
paul wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:It works perfectly, thank you very much Paul :D
Thank you. I could not make this fix sooner, as editing this version forum can break things. I had to wait for the developers to make a module for that feature.

:)
Thanks Paul - you have really got stuck in to a lot of things around here in the last few weeks and it is much appreciated.
Its been a real pleasure and to have used my spare time constructively. I have surgery coming up in several weeks, so just making sure the house is in order, as I am going to be unable to do much for a few months.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"
_______________________________________________________________________


"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato

User avatar
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member
Posts: 391
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: To open links into a new tab

Post by alcesalcesobservator » 1 year ago

paul wrote: I have surgery coming up in several weeks, so just making sure the house is in order, as I am going to be unable to do much for a few months.
Good luck, and speedy recovery!

User avatar
Surpinto
Gold Member
Posts: 616
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: US
Contact:

Re: To open links into a new tab

Post by Surpinto » 1 year ago

alcesalcesobservator wrote:
paul wrote: I have surgery coming up in several weeks, so just making sure the house is in order, as I am going to be unable to do much for a few months.
Good luck, and speedy recovery!
I second that. Good luck and hope everything turns out ok.

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: To open links into a new tab

Post by TullyBascombe » 1 year ago

Good luck, hope it goes well and relatively painlessly.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest