New Libera-Dreams Website

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
viabuona
Gold Member
Posts: 695
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by viabuona » 6 years ago

As you know we are planning a new Website for Libera-Dreams and we had some internal discussion about the content.

We think it should contain:
  • Connection to the Forum with some News/Highlights
  • Including a Gallery with a interconnection to the Forum
  • Seasonals Setup of the design
  • Weblinks like: Introduction to Libera + JustGiving and so on
  • Some kind of information database or portal (Choristers, Videos, Discography.....
  • Connected logging for the forum and the website
As you can see there are some ideas. But now I would also like to get an input from your side. So let me know what do you think that the Website should contain.

Please act like in a wish-list and start for each point a new line (and a short description :wink: can be helpfull).

This Topic will be open (unlocked) until Monday 28 November 2011. Then I'll go through your whishes to see what can be made from the technical side.

And now: Here we go! :D

User avatar
paul
Site Admin
Posts: 1572
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: United Kindom
Contact:

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by paul » 6 years ago

Tony!

May I suggest that we keep this topic open a little longer than one week, there is much activity around the concert at St Georges right now. I would suggest two weeks at least ;)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"
_______________________________________________________________________


"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato

User avatar
timjanni
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Germany

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by timjanni » 6 years ago

Some calender of past and future events would be great.

User avatar
maartendas
Diamond Member
Posts: 2156
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Netherlands

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by maartendas » 6 years ago

Lyrics would also be nice :)
(they're on Libera's official site but it's nice to have them here as well)
Cantate caeli chorus angelorum

User avatar
paul
Site Admin
Posts: 1572
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: United Kindom
Contact:

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by paul » 6 years ago

Just a quick message to all that have viewed and posted to this topic.

Lyrics would be nice, don't know about copyright for publishing lyrics; maybe someone could clarify the legality of this.

A calendar is an easy feature for the site.

Keep the ideas comming; ill keep an eye on this thread as much as posible. I got home very late tonight and have been busy all week so have not been able to post a lot, but I can assure you that your posts are not going unread.

Cheers :D

Paul
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"
_______________________________________________________________________


"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato

User avatar
Szepilona
Silver Member
Posts: 166
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Ohio

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by Szepilona » 6 years ago

I like the idea of a information database, especially with chorister info.
A timeline, even just a simple one, would be great.

User avatar
Bob
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Bavaria

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by Bob » 6 years ago

I do not realy know, if it is important to create a new site, a new forum. There are enough possibilities to inform all the fans in each language. For example in german visit http://www.libera-songs.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Here you will find all CDs, all concerts and much more informations.
Please let me know what´s the objekt of this new forum.

Servus Bob
you need your whole life to stay young

User avatar
paul
Site Admin
Posts: 1572
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: United Kindom
Contact:

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by paul » 6 years ago

Bob wrote:I do not realy know, if it is important to create a new site, a new forum. There are enough possibilities to inform all the fans in each language. For example in german visit http://www.libera-songs.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Here you will find all CDs, all concerts and much more informations.
Please let me know what´s the objekt of this new forum.

Servus Bob
This forum is far from new, it is just undergoing upgrades and improvements, there was once a website with much information, but this was left in a non working way and was taken offline, we now will be reviving the website and making it bigger and better than before.

Yes! libera-songs.de is a nice website, but unfortunately the language is German and most of our members are English speaking or English as a very good second language so it makes sense to provide all the information here.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"
_______________________________________________________________________


"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato

User avatar
Malibu
Silver Member
Posts: 185
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Detroit, Michigan, USA

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by Malibu » 6 years ago

Sorry for being so late. I couldn't think of anything to add, but I did think of one thing. You kind of mentioned it in your first post, but I think a data base of the current and past members would be great. If it could be set up similarly to how Libera360 does it that would be best I think. Have a little back ground on each member, which songs they soloed in, some pictures, and which video's they were in.
Tim
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member
Posts: 1370
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by TullyBascombe » 6 years ago

paul30003 wrote:Just a quick message to all that have viewed and posted to this topic.

Lyrics would be nice, don't know about copyright for publishing lyrics; maybe someone could clarify the legality of this.

A calendar is an easy feature for the site.

Keep the ideas comming; ill keep an eye on this thread as much as posible. I got home very late tonight and have been busy all week so have not been able to post a lot, but I can assure you that your posts are not going unread.

Cheers :D

Paul
The Yahoo Angel Voices site has a large collection of lyrics of past Libera songs, so I don't think that would be a problem.

User avatar
viabuona
Gold Member
Posts: 695
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by viabuona » 6 years ago

Thanks for all constructive comments and for the 172 views on this topic. :D

Now the work has to go on - and so I close this topic. But I'll come back soon :wink:

User avatar
viabuona
Gold Member
Posts: 695
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by viabuona » 5 years ago

The new website in online and you can visit it > here <.

For your information:
  • Guests can see the entry, the link to the forum and the link to the websites.
  • To login you can use the same ID/PW like for the one for the forum.
  • After login registered users get access to the forum and also to the choreography.
  • At the moment the gallery is not given free because Paul needs a lot more time to organize this tohuwabohu.
  • Even that the site is online, it is not finished yet and we are still working on it. But should you find some errors (not whishes!) please bring them up in here.
Enjoy you :D

User avatar
theforestdweller
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Forest of Dean

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by theforestdweller » 5 years ago

Trivial perhaps, but there are two grammatical errors in the Discography section:

If you've enjoyed her music perhaps you might consider making a donation to her

Should read:

If you've enjoyed their music perhaps you might consider making a donation to them

Hope you don't mind the correction as I know we don't all have English as out first language :oops:

edited to say the same error is in the "Weblinks" section and the "Home" page as well - presumably copy and paste :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein

User avatar
paul
Site Admin
Posts: 1572
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: United Kindom
Contact:

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by paul » 5 years ago

theforestdweller wrote:Trivial perhaps, but there are two grammatical errors in the Discography section:

If you've enjoyed her music perhaps you might consider making a donation to her

Should read:

If you've enjoyed their music perhaps you might consider making a donation to them

Hope you don't mind the correction as I know we don't all have English as out first language :oops:

edited to say the same error is in the "Weblinks" section and the "Home" page as well - presumably copy and paste :)
Thanks, we welcome all the feedback.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"
_______________________________________________________________________


"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato

User avatar
viabuona
Gold Member
Posts: 695
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: New Libera-Dreams Website

Post by viabuona » 5 years ago

theforestdweller wrote:Trivial perhaps, but there are two grammatical errors in the Discography section:

If you've enjoyed her music perhaps you might consider making a donation to her

Should read:

If you've enjoyed their music perhaps you might consider making a donation to them

Hope you don't mind the correction as I know we don't all have English as out first language :oops:

edited to say the same error is in the "Weblinks" section and the "Home" page as well - presumably copy and paste :)
Thanks, I corrected them (the impossible I do immediately, miracles take a little longer). :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest