Open Forum

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Open Forum

Post by Yorkie »

Is this the price of having an open forum? If so, should we go back to having a closed forum that only members can view?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Re: Can someone name me a few anime to watch..

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:Is this the price of having an open forum? If so, should we go back to having a closed forum that only members can view?

This was only one spam posting for more than a week. We where a little open when we first updated and we had a few spam postings. But since I changed the word captcha to a Q&A captcha, we have only had this one single incident. I'm sure moderators can keep up with this sort of volume of rubbish ;)

Maybe if it did become a regular problem then its something we should consider, but at the moment I don't see it as a problem just a very occasional annoyance.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I agree with you Paul :)

I think there is much more to gain for Libera fame and the forum notoriety by being an open-reading forum than being an oyster-closed-like forum, even if we have do manage spammer from time to time :mrgreen:
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

fan_de_LoK wrote:I agree with you Paul :)

I think there is much more to gain for Libera fame and the forum notoriety by being an open-reading forum than being an oyster-closed-like forum, even if we have do manage spammer from time to time :mrgreen:
Thank you FDL. That is also my view, for Libera Dreams to have some sort of credibility we Must! be an open forum. Why would we want to be some secret underground society. Have we something to hide? I think not! I know it was decided by Kevin and the moderators to become a closed forum because of postings and negative discussions about the boys. But this is against forum rules is it not? If we follow rules then I don't see a problem. Also on the subject of negative postings, I think it would be a good idea to prune of some of the negative discussions. But I'm going to start a topic on this at a later date.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

I agree with keeping the forum open as well. That's the whole reason I joined. I had seen the page before, but could never see the forum so I never bothered to join. One day I happened to come across the site again, and could see it. I looked around for a little bit, and decided to join :D
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I thought that only members could post in a forum?
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

TullyBascombe wrote:I thought that only members could post in a forum?
This is the case. But remember the time befor Paul3003 overtake the forum: The forum was closed and we had anyway a lot of spamers. And now the forum is (more or less) open - and we have near to no spamers (Thankie Paul30003 :) ). We can do what we want, there will be always some individuals which will brake some rules (not only spamers). But now we are also a couple of peoples to act against. In this sense: 'Big moderators' are watching you 8)
paul
Site Admin

Re: Open Forum

Post by paul »

This conversation started in another thread and went a bit off topic, but an important topic no less, I felt it should have a place of its own for further discussion.

- Plato