Logging off

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Logging off

Post by maartendas »

paul30003 wrote: I don't think I should spend time fixing this untill we have decided on the final look of Libera Dreams, as the fault is style related.
Any idea yet when this will take place?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

maartendas wrote:
paul30003 wrote: I don't think I should spend time fixing this untill we have decided on the final look of Libera Dreams, as the fault is style related.
I thinking about a two stage vote, with stage two starting this weekend, but voting has been so slow, I may just run the same poll for one more week.

I'm not sure if members don't have much time to vote, or they just dont care what the site looks like as long as the info is here :?
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

paul30003 wrote:
maartendas wrote:
I thinking about a two stage vote, with stage two starting this weekend, but voting has been so slow, I may just run the same poll for one more week.

I'm not sure if members don't have much time to vote, or they just dont care what the site looks like as long as the info is here :?
Truth is most of them look the bloody same to me and whichever one is chosen will appear weird and 'wrong' for weeks until I get used to it. If some people have a preference then I'm fine with it.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I have voted to keep this actual "we_clearblue" because in my opinion it's the nicest and friendly style of the poll :)
I would find unfortunate if this style would be sacrificed because of the display bug in IE8.... :|

About lack of votings : it's not easy to find the poll Paul... Even me I can't succed to find it easily when I want to look to it.

You have created too much sub-forums having roughly the same purpose, so I think people are no more coming too much in the "THE SITE" section because it's now like a labyrinth, and even for people that have seen once the poll thread, it may not be easy to them to find it again when they are looking to it to vote.

In short, I suggest :

a) Let down this poll idea and keep the actual style, at least for a few month.
I think there is more important to do now than changing again the forum look.
Postpone (or drop out) the style poll idea would be the best thnig to do in my opinion.
It will save time to everyone and it will avoid to create a new destabilizing change for forum members that are not used to connect often, while there is no really need to change the look again. It's not a priority.

In addition, changing style again may expose us to discover new bugs related to the new style.
This "we_clearblue" is pretty OK appart the bar-menu with IE8.

b) If you really want to do the poll, then I suggest you to start to simplify as much as possible the "THE SITE" section by merging as much sub-forum as possible,

Sub-forum "Libera-Dreams.com" should contain all threads coming from "News and Updates" , "Suggestions", "Your opinion", "Bugs & Problems" and "Question"

Sub-forum "Want to Moderate?" should be turned as a simple thread into the sub-forum "Libera-Dreams.com"

Sub-forum "Moderator Talk" should contain the threads from sub-forum "Spam accounts"
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

fan_de_LoK wrote:I have voted to keep this actual "we_clearblue" because in my opinion it's the nicest and friendly style of the poll :)
I would find unfortunate if this style would be sacrificed because of the display bug in IE8.... :|

About lack of votings : it's not easy to find the poll Paul... Even me I can't succed to find it easily when I want to look to it.

You have created too much sub-forums having roughly the same purpose, so I think people are no more coming too much in the "THE SITE" section because it's now like a labyrinth, and even for people that have seen once the poll thread, it may not be easy to them to find it again when they are looking to it to vote.

In short, I suggest :

a) Let down this poll idea and keep the actual style, at least for a few month.
I think there is more important to do now than changing again the forum look.
Postpone (or drop out) the style poll idea would be the best thnig to do in my opinion.
It will save time to everyone and it will avoid to create a new destabilizing change for forum members that are not used to connect often, while there is no really need to change the look again. It's not a priority.

In addition, changing style again may expose us to discover new bugs related to the new style.
This "we_clearblue" is pretty OK appart the bar-menu with IE8.

b) If you really want to do the poll, then I suggest you to start to simplify as much as possible the "THE SITE" section by merging as much sub-forum as possible,

Sub-forum "Libera-Dreams.com" should contain all threads coming from "News and Updates" , "Suggestions", "Your opinion", "Bugs & Problems" and "Question"

Sub-forum "Want to Moderate?" should be turned as a simple thread into the sub-forum "Libera-Dreams.com"

Sub-forum "Moderator Talk" should contain the threads from sub-forum "Spam accounts"
Yes FDL!

I do agree, I myself like the current style, but I wanted to put the look of the site in the hands of the members. So far the majority vote has been for this one, so maybe it should be :) As you suggest, it is clear, easily readable, and people are now starting to get used to it. I myself find the style very user friendly. But as I said, it not a decision that I feel comfortable solely making. From a practical point of view maybe I should run the poll for the duration then go with the winning style. (This one) ;)

In regards to the forum structure, viabuona has submitted something that I have to almost agree with ;)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

The current style is really working for me (after first going through a similar process as Yorkie described ;)). So, I agree with f_d_L. I appreciate the thought and sentiment behind "voting for the style" though :) Building the community together etc. But you as site admins, Paul and Viabuona, can also trust that you have enough appreciation and trust from the forum that you can decide for certain directions etc. on your own :) You know, like a music director in front of a choir ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yes, the style is fine.

At some point in the future if you feel creative you might select several styles, make up headings for them and let the users select a style of their own.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

The current style is just fine. I have got used to it already :D I did the voting as well
I hope there aren't too much problems with IE8 - I took the good advices from you and installed both Fire Fox and IE9 :wink:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Were's the voting poll?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Were's the voting poll?
Here we go:
http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum/view ... =11&t=1174
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Here :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Murkskis wrote:
Here we go:
http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum/view ... =11&t=1174
Murkskis wrote:
viabuona wrote:
Here :D
It says I am not authorised to read this forum. I must have been a naughty boy without realising it. :mrgreen:
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I'm happy you indirectly agreed with my description of a labyrinth to cross to reach this poll :mrgreen:

But I didn't thought that in addition the gates would be closed at arrival :shock: :?
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I'm not sure why that happend but it should be good now!

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks all, it's working now. I've voted :)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez