Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

paul
Site Admin

Your opinion on the new forum

Post by paul »

What do you think of the new forum?

http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum2

There are several improvments on this latest release of the forum.
One which i think has been needed for a long time, "Notification of private messages"

There are other new feature there to be discovered and I would value your opinion on those and the forum in general.

Thanks! :)

Paul
Last edited by paul on Sun May 15, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Well, at first i saw no change at all, and I wonder if I have missed a link somewhere to a new forum :lol:

Then I tried to flush the cache in my firefox... and see very discret changes... so discrete that I'm not sure... there is a difference in the shape of the buttons, correct ?

Here what I have : image, with the same error messages on the header as usual, since Kevin chaged something about the foreign languages long ago.

I tried to send myself a private message, but I see no difference with previous version.
Is the button "private message" supposed to change color ?
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Well, at first i saw no change at all, and I wonder if I have missed a link somewhere to a new forum :lol:

Then I tried to flush the cache in my firefox... and see very discret changes... so discrete that I'm not sure... there is a difference in the shape of the buttons, correct ?

Here what I have : image, with the same error messages on the header as usual, since Kevin chaged something about the foreign languages long ago.

I tried to send myself a private message, but I see no difference with previous version.
I'm glad you posted that, but I think you misunderstood the post, I will clarify that this is a reference to the test forum. http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum2

I was not even aware of the error in the header in regards to the French language functions. I won't try to repair this as I will be changing the phpbb version after a bit more testing.
Last edited by paul on Sun May 15, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

paul30003 wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:Well, at first i saw no change at all, and I wonder if I have missed a link somewhere to a new forum :lol:

I'm glad you posted that, but I think you misunderstood the post, I will clarify that this is a reference to the test forum. http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum2
ha - in that case yes there is a big difference. I like it. Just logged into aswell and it works, well done on the transfer Paul. Does this mean we can post in this forum now?

Ah - I see the unread threads show in Pink. A darker colour might highlight better but maybe it's just my monitor colour settings.

Edit: Just realised i'm classified as 'Libera crazy' on post rankings lol - probably about right. Yorkie must be a long term resident of the funny farm by now then :lol: .... nope he's just 'Libera crazy' aswell
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Sun May 15, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
paul30003 wrote:

ha - in that case yes there is a big difference. I like it. Just logged into aswell and it works, well done on the transfer Paul. Does this mean we can post in this forum now?

Ah - I see the unread threads show in Pink. A darker colour might highlight better but maybe it's just my monitor colour settings.

This is just a tester to make sure the final transfer goes without problems and without downtime of the old forum. I will schedule the final transfer for late next week. please test and post to the new forum but it will be removed next week prior to the real upgrade. Please continue your live posts here for now. Thanks.

- Plato
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

hum... I don't see so much changes as that appart the look...

I was looking for new functionnality in the message composer, but can't find any :shock:

I'm surprised that a last version phpBB not have some usefull things we have on the phpBB french forum, like tags to center objects in the messages, button for include movies, flash files, fonts choice, arrays...

(see)

When I do a CTRL B, I, or U on a selectect text, it not create the corresponding bb tags around the text...

The [youtube ] [/youtube ] tags dont seems to work.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

fan_de_LoK wrote:hum... I don't see so much changes as that appart the look...

I was lookg for new functionnality, but can't find any :shock:

I'm surprised that a last version phpBB not have some usefull things we have on the phpBB french forum, like tags to center objects in the messages, button for include movies, flash files, fonts choice, arrays...

(see)

When I do a CTRL B, I, or U on a selectect text, it not create the corresponding bb tags around the text...
A lot of these functions will be added modifications, I will be adding plenty of these including all the functions for better text formatting and media.

The features that you mention is a wysiwyg editor, I examined your page source code but could not discover the modification used. However, there are several that i've been looking at, but I dont want to spend to much time developing this test install. More mods can come in the near future on the live forum.

- Plato
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

only problem i have is the videos are not being displayed
Dennis
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

whitetail1985 wrote:Image

only problem i have is the videos are not being displayed
Thanks for the feedback.

I will have to set up the bbcodes, but that should not be a problem.

I will ensure that everything is working first :)

- Plato
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

It looks good.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Everything seems to be working well, except for the YouTube link problem... Love the picture in the header as well! :)
symphonica7
Gold Member

Re: Your opinion on the new forum

Post by symphonica7 »

Looks like I fell asleep.......wow!!! This is different!!!! Going to take a little getting used to......as is with all updated sites....anyways...you did a great job Paul!!!!!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I'm very happy with it....but I'm easy to please. :)
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Good job, Paul - Respect :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

First post from me from my new home and on the new site 8)
I have to say I miss the old look but I know that's just because I'm a conservative deep down and I have a hard time letting go of the old to make room for the new (this goes for pretty much everything in life esp. things that can't be changed back). But putting that aside I think the site looks incredibly fresh and really improved - we deserved this!
Hats off to you Paul - and this semi-autistic moaner will soon feel at home here ;) Haven't tried everything out yet but I'm pretty sure that's just a matter of time ;)

--edit:
Two things I've noticed so far;
-when you click on a link it opens in the same browser window, thereby leaving Libera Dreams - I think it should be really easy to fix this, by adding target="_blank" in the html
-I had to submit my avatar again and many users are now without avatar as far as I can see - those who had one now only have "User avatar" written above their names, which makes it a little difficult to (quickly) see who's talking
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above