Contributors

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

paul
Site Admin

Contributors

Post by paul »

If you have any ideas or suggestions, then we can discuss them here. I think libera-dreams should be rebuilt by the whole community, we have all the resources between us, media, knowledge of libera, artists, good writers. Between us, we can have a web community to be proud of.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well, we could do with a new picture in the masthead. Tom's a great guy, bless him, but perhaps we need one of the current boys up there.

Another suggestion would be to allow guests to view the site (but not post). I've always wondered if having to join up before viewing the forum puts people off joining.

And how about some more descriptions applied to the user depending on the number of posts made? I was very disappointed to find out they stopped at 600 - that's why I've stopped posting these days :lol:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:Well, we could do with a new picture in the masthead. Tom's a great guy, bless him, but perhaps we need one of the current boys up there.

Another suggestion would be to allow guests to view the site (but not post). I've always wondered if having to join up before viewing the forum puts people off joining.

And how about some more descriptions applied to the user depending on the number of posts made? I was very disappointed to find out they stopped at 600 - that's why I've stopped posting these days :lol:
In regards to the masthead, hes we need a new up to date picture. Ideas anyone ?

Yes I have always thought about not being able to view the forum without signing up / in. Ill change that tonight :)

You are refering to User rankings. Yes we need a new user ranking system, Ideas anyone?
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
paopao

Post by paopao »

paul30003 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Well, we could do with a new picture in the masthead. Tom's a great guy, bless him, but perhaps we need one of the current boys up there.

In regards to the masthead, hes we need a new up to date picture. Ideas anyone ?

Yes I have always thought about not being able to view the forum without signing up / in. Ill change that tonight :)

You are refering to User rankings. Yes we need a new user ranking system, Ideas anyone?
i've seen other fan forums use song/album names for user ranking system, any thoughts on that?
as for the admin/moderator, perhaps we can use something like "Choir Master" for Site Admin and "Chaperone" for Moderators.. :wink:
just a suggestion, perhaps someone can come up with better ideas
paopao

Post by paopao »

umm while we're at it, with the new future of this forum, how about sending Libera's management an appeal to make this forum the Official Fan Forum? sounds too flashy i know, and not without consequences too
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

While I do not think this has been a major problem, is there anything we can do about spammers? Like I said, I haven't seen too much of it, but I would hate something worse to appear in when the spammers post. I don't think there is much that can be done, but thought I would mention it.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

As per Paul's message http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are now an open forum, everybody can now see our musings and ramblings on all things Libera without having to register first. Might be worth just having a quick look behind you before you click that 'submit' button :wink:
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

JimmyRiddle wrote:As per Paul's message http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are now an open forum, everybody can now see our musings and ramblings on all things Libera without having to register first. Might be worth just having a quick look behind you before you click that 'submit' button :wink:
I understand what you are saying, and in any account we should consider what we post regardless of whether we are public or private. If we are a closed / secret group, how can we be a creditable community. Where Libera are concerned, we need to be open. We should only be discussing bound by the rules that Kevin originally set out, if we stick to them rules, what is there to hide?

Also, how hard is it to register and gain full access to the community anyway?

I feel the best option to grow this community, is openness. I have discussed this with several long term members and they agree.

- Plato
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Why not pick a selection of pictures and have people vote for their favorite in a poll, then use the favorite as the new masthead?

Alternatively we could use the cover of whatever their latest album or concert program is as the masthead. That is, provided we get their permission.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

TullyBascombe wrote:Why not pick a selection of pictures and have people vote for their favorite in a poll, then use the favorite as the new masthead?
Voting is a good idea. This allows everyone to participate in picking the photos.
paul
Site Admin

Masthead (Header graphic)

Post by paul »

Firstly, I don't think there is any point in changing the "Masthead" on this forum. This forum will be updated with the very latest forum version, currently under test at:

http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum2

Over the next couple of days, I will be installing several styles and getting opinions on the style we will choose to use.

I think setting up a poll would be a good idea so the whole community can decide on the final look of Libera Dreams.

Once we have established a style, we can then start thinking about our Masthead / Header graphic. ;)

- Plato
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Well, I had some time on my hands this evening, so I started fooling around with masthead/graphic things. I used the dimensions from the layout 'we_universal' and this is what I came up with:

Is this something along the lines of what we want? It's just a fun attempt of mine, but I wanted to put it out there and see what people thought!
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

libera36 wrote:Well, I had some time on my hands this evening, so I started fooling around with masthead/graphic things. I used the dimensions from the layout 'we_universal' and this is what I came up with:

Is this something along the lines of what we want? It's just a fun attempt of mine, but I wanted to put it out there and see what people thought!
Yes that's great, its good to see people getting enthusiastic about designing for the new site. Hopefully this will encourage more ideas. I would suggest waiting though until we decide on a style, as we may need to incorporate the graphics into the site to we have a nice seamless blend like the current forum

- Plato
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

libera36 wrote:Well, I had some time on my hands this evening, so I started fooling around with masthead/graphic things. I used the dimensions from the layout 'we_universal' and this is what I came up with:

Awww, You are good at fooling around... :lol: The masthead looks really nice, like it !
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

This is such a beautiful masthead. You did an amazing job with it.