Libera TV Filming

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Libera TV Filming

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:I notice the absence of TDL. He is not on the "Santa" video, and not at this QVC recording...
Hopefully this means nothing. We will know in less than three weeks.
Well, I think you can draw a conclusion to be honest Patrick :cry: But that is what been a fan of this group means and Tom probably has lots of other things to be getting on with now.

I see that QVC is also selling the first Christmas album, presumably to cash in on the Carol of the Bells music they use in their Christmas promo ads.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Even in the presence of Cassius, Matthew J would have been the oldest on stage ;)

I notice the absence of TDL. He is not on the "Santa" video, and not at this QVC recording...
Whoops I did not know Matthew was older :)

Was Matthew Madine in the Santa video ?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:Was Matthew Madine in the Santa video ?
Not that I saw but quite a few were missing whether by design or perhaps away with the family (if it was filmed in the summer school holiday period).
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Even in the presence of Cassius, Matthew J would have been the oldest on stage ;)

I notice the absence of TDL. He is not on the "Santa" video, and not at this QVC recording...
I also noticed TDL missing from the last couple of video releases. As you say fdL, we will know more in a few weeks.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

The QVC stage is fairly small limiting the number of singers.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

According to the Libera Historical Timeline (Pt. 8b), Libera performed "What a Wonderful World" on QVC. I'm surprised and a little dissapointed with the song choice: I was looking forward to some Christmas music. Oh well. :)

edit to add [BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
labbie

Post by labbie »

While some Christmas music may have been nice, QVC was promoting 'Libera in America' and may have asked Libera to perform something from that recording. It may also be the case that the network was not yet moving into more intensive Christmas marketing at that point. These are just my thoughts on the subject; I have no inside information.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I am happy with the song choice just because Santa Will is such a awful song :)

Angel would of been nice but it seems to more aimed at Japanese market.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

labbie wrote:While some Christmas music may have been nice, QVC was promoting 'Libera in America' and may have asked Libera to perform something from that recording. It may also be the case that the network was not yet moving into more intensive Christmas marketing at that point. These are just my thoughts on the subject; I have no inside information.
True-- I'd forgotten the "Libera in America" bit. I just assumed Christmas because of the snowflakes and whatnot.
Did Isaac's voice crack at 1:26-1:27, or did he just have a bit of a cough in his throat?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:
labbie wrote:While some Christmas music may have been nice, QVC was promoting 'Libera in America' and may have asked Libera to perform something from that recording. It may also be the case that the network was not yet moving into more intensive Christmas marketing at that point. These are just my thoughts on the subject; I have no inside information.
True-- I'd forgotten the "Libera in America" bit. I just assumed Christmas because of the snowflakes and whatnot.
Did Isaac's voice crack at 1:26-1:27, or did he just have a bit of a cough in his throat?
Not hearing it. Sounds fine to me.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

I heard it, but to me it sounded more like a little bit of gunk/irritation on his vocal cords more than the start of his voice changing. I definitely could be wrong, though.

Also, the video of the performance posted earlier in the thread is a bit better quality, I think, for anyone listening to it at this point. :)
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

chris17 wrote:
I heard it, but to me it sounded more like a little bit of gunk/irritation on his vocal cords more than the start of his voice changing. I definitely could be wrong, though.

Also, the video of the performance posted earlier in the thread is a bit better quality, I think, for anyone listening to it at this point. :)
Definitely an extraneous sound at about 1.00 on the QVC twitter released video (without intro). Occurs as Isaac sings "world" for the second time - just as the orchestra builds up before the chorus joins in. To me, it sounds more like microphone static than a voice generated sound.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I think there's a little tremor in his voice at 1:27 because he's holding that one note for a long time.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

john45 wrote:
chris17 wrote:

Definitely an extraneous sound at about 1.00 on the QVC twitter released video (without intro). Occurs as Isaac sings "world" for the second time - just as the orchestra builds up before the chorus joins in. To me, it sounds more like microphone static than a voice generated sound.
Ok, I hear it now. I was listening at the wrong part of the song (using Jimmy's videos). I agree with TullyBascombe that this sounds like he held the note a while. Isaac has admitted in interviews that he gets extremely nervous during his solos so this barely noticeable warble may be that - definitely not a voice breaking kind of sound. The only other option is that the volume was turned up, or some similar change, on the audio mix and this included the microphone fixed on Isaac.

Either way it's fairly unobtrusive :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

The QVC promotion (only UK promotion in fact) of Libera's Angels Sing in America album and their appearance helped to put the album back inside the Top 40 UK Classical Album Charts matching it's highest ever position at No.11 (can't think what else propelled it there)...

The Christmas album also re-enters at No.38, although it did reach the lofty heights of No 7 a few weeks ago. It's highest position, and indeed highest for any Libera album in the Official UK Classical Charts was No.2 last year. One day that UK No.1 will come.

...and speaking of the Libera - Angels Sing in America PBS broadcast, well this makes it's European network TV debut on 12th December in Holland. If you have access to the channel NPO that is.. http://www.npo.nl/libera-boy-s-choir/12 ... W_03014967
http://www.rtv.de/sendungsdetails/96553 ... choir.html

I'd be interested to know if anyone has access to this channel and what the presentation will be like.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez