Thomas Cully sings on myspace

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

liberavieve wrote:Poor Tom. (And, for that matter, poor Tom's Mum and Dad; I imagine they must be getting a bit disturbed by this point.)

I wonder if Stalker Man is among our ranks here...
That would not supprise me at all.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Lexi wrote:Bad news. Mrs. Guzman just wrote to Lexi's blog. I don't know if she's right, but she's dealt with this guy before, and this is what she said.

"hello lexi. been a while. have something important to say. pls. delete this portion about thomas cully and "reverbnation". the person who put up that page is none other than _________, the guy pestering tom in all the sites tom has been to. we just discovered it tonight when he made the mistake of writing a comment for another libera fan. and please, take extra care of your miniangels site as ______ gets all his infos on different libera blogsites. pls. sound this off - that thomas cully on reverbnation is a fake. thank you. i signed up on that site this afternoon. i left a comment on my page for ______ to read after which i will deactivate. my regards."

I deleted the guy's name cause I don't want to give him the satisfaction or free advertising. I REALLY hate drama like this. Wish everyone could just be normal, but this guy from the Philippines is so messed up.

Lauren
Just to muddy the water a little further.

Mind boggling isn't it. You don't know what to believe anymore.

At least we're all agreed on something. Whoever the imposter happens to be they are a proverbial fruit cake short of a prized hamper.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote:
Thing is, perhaps now we get some idea of why Libera is very cautious about shielding the boys in the UK. It's wonderful to get the pop star treatment in the Far East but at home it is surely important to keep things normal so that the boys can be ordinary kids. dropping meet and greats might be their attempt to shield them and keep their feet on the ground.
You might be right. In that case, I have no problem at all that there won't be a meet and greet in Epsom.

I wonder if it's not just best to let it rest for now. The more attention we give it, the more it might feed this guy. Whatever his reasons, I feel sorry for him. Hopefully he'll come round one day and find something fulfilling for his life. Obviously it's what he's lacking right now.

As long as we'll all continue to show support of Tom's music, he'll know that there are other fans out there who really care for what he's doing, and hopefully this will encourage him to keep doing what he's doing and share it with the rest of the world when he feels the time is right (again).
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

The ReverbNation page for Tom Cully/Tim Kelly has been taken down.

Lauren
printen

Post by printen »

I am mostly a "reader" and not a "writer". But in this case I would like to comment.

For years it is well known that the boys of Libera never communicate on the internet with people they do not know in real life.

All the facebook, twitter etc, accounts that say they from libera boys are in prinicipal fakes ones.

The management of Libera take great care that "stalkers" etc. does not have access to personal accounts of the boys.

So if you stumble across facebook or Twitter-accounts that states that its from a Libera member, its for 99% a faker.

Normal fans of Libera respect the privacy of Libera members, but some dont have that respect.

I think that parents of Libera members would be horrified if their sons are subjected to unwanted prying in their sons privacy. So let the Libera menbers be normal boys, living a normal life in South-London and let we enjoy their music.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is this the same guy who made a video of himself rummaging through the kids' clothing in the dressing room during the last Phillipines tour?
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

TullyBascombe wrote:Is this the same guy who made a video of himself rummaging through the kids' clothing in the dressing room during the last Phillipines tour?
This thread is becoming very dark indeed.

How can someone do this?
I can't think of words to describe these act's
Could it be for these reasons that the parents of theses boys moved on, or unexpectedly withdrew there boys from Libera.

Joe Snelling, Flynn Marks, Zack Lockett, Edd Day, Alfie Smart.

I'm sure there are others who have unexpectedly left, although they still had a voice in Libera.

yes there may be reasons due to work or education that theses boys leave, but I would be uneasy with my children in Libera with lunatics like this about!
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

paul30003 wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:Is this the same guy who made a video of himself rummaging through the kids' clothing in the dressing room during the last Phillipines tour?

How can someone do this?
Could it be for these reasons that the parents of theses boys moved on, or unexpectedly withdrew there boys from Libera.

I'm sure there are others who have unexpectedly left, although they still had a voice in Libera.

yes there may be reasons due to work or education that theses boys leave, but I would be uneasy with my children in Libera with lunatics like this about!
Do not forget that it is also the child's decision as well...
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

Supposedly, it is linked to person by the name of Norman Alcala from the Philippines.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:

How can someone do this?

Ed Day left because he was growing up and wanted to move on. Well thats his version of why he left :) so i have no reason to qustion it.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

paul30003 wrote: This thread is becoming very dark indeed.

How can someone do this?

It is kind of scary thinking there are people like that out there targeting the Libera boys, but by and large I think that Libera works very hard to protect the boys and make it an overall positive experience for them. For example, look at all the new members that have joined recently! If it were getting too dangerous I think RP and Co. would have to discontinue the group. Let's hope that never happens.

It is too bad when fans try to intrude on the boys' private lives. I am a fan of Libera but I (as I know everyone on this forum does) respect their privacy. They are just school boys that come together to make amazing music to share with us! I am really grateful for all the information that does get shared with us, through various interviews on Youtube and so on by Libera. That is very nice, and it is enough.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Thomas Cully sings on myspace

Post by JimmyRiddle »

He's back http://www.myspace.com/tomcullyofficial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I deleted my previous MySpace page, purely because i didn't know what to write anymore. I didn't feel that I liked the music I was chucking out, day after day.

Now i joined again, with more of an ambition to make something of myself, if it be on MySpace or in my general music making life.
Good to have his official presence online again because all these bogus sites were beyond riddiculous.

I hope that everyone (including his online bodyguards) just lets him get on with it and passively enjoy what he puts out.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
labbie

Post by labbie »

I will believe that this is a genuine account only when there is other evidence that the EP mentioned has actually been released, e.g, references to its availability on trusted sites such as iTunes, Amazon, or websites of well-known music retail outlets. I was somewhat suspicious of one aspect of the blog, the spelling of "favorite" using the American spelling. As far as I know, someone from the UK would spell this word as "favourite". I also wondered about the photo and references to his personal life. Of course I could be wrong, but unfortunately, there have been pretenders before. If, however, the account is genuine, then Tom is to be congratulated and he is wished great success in his future endeavours.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

In my opinion, he was doing just fine in terms of the music he was chucking out day to day, as he puts it. What needed attention (or at least more attention) was his lyrics. Myspace or not, I hope he'll continue to pursue his music. He's a gifted singer (we knew that) and a gifted musician (we are beginning to know that), if not a gifted lyricist (but we should see him improve over time). Why Myspace anyway? Is it still big in the UK?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

The only way to tell if this is real is if new songs are posted.

It seems mighty odd he did not like the " songs" he put out when he was so proud of Cashmere that he recorded it professionally ( not in his bedroom) to put on Myspace.

But if it is him i can understand why he may be reluctant and pulled it down as he is still only 17 and the pressure was massive on him. It all kind of snowballed and got out of hand and i expect he did not expect such a reaction for his songs.