Post by worshipper28 »

Still dedicated to Libera! We wish You all the best Happy Birthday Steven
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Happy Birthday Steven! :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Happy birthday Steven. Quite simply the best ever solo singer of Libera , Vespera is a classic Libera song and will never be forgotten.
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

yes already a real libera legend today i saw this one again
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Wow 15 of his young 22 years have in one form or another been associated with Libera and St Philips. That's some impressive commitment. Hopefully we’ll see him around for many years to come!
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Hope you have a great Birthday Steven. Thanks for all the good music you've helped produce all these years.

Tom B.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
19DON74

Re: Steven Geraghty

Post by 19DON74 »

Dear Steven Geraghty!
July 18, according to your biography. You turn 24 years old. This - momentous event not only for the group of "Libera", but for the global musical culture.
While in Russia, "Libera" is not as popular as in UK, U.S. or Japan, but the connoisseurs and lovers of great voices, how have you always been and will be paying him tribute.
Yes, of course, the heyday of your talent came in the 1990s, when the band was called "Angel Voices". I'm older than you by several years, but without such works as "Jesus Loves Me", "Salva Me" and, of course, "Sanctus", I was not able to become fully human.
It is said that each singer his special voice, which is unique and always remains in memory. As for your voice, it is simply amazing - from the glowing crystal clear to the amplitude of an unattainable value. Filled with love and kindness, he purifies the soul. Attracts like something infinitely close and not letting go until the last minute, even when the work is already done. Listen to track a few times, but the feeling something is still obtained.
You do not just have been part of "Libera" - you were doing her story.
It is a pity that in time I could not see the famous "ICO" on the PS2 to your song "You Were There" (according to my information, the game does not officially appear on our market.) I heard the song several times in different versions, but at the beauty of other voices, I realized that your performance special: it is characterized by lyricism, sincerity and power of penetration into the soul of the listener simply fantastic.
As you know, you still continue to create in the "Libera" - compose music, write songs, play many musical instruments during the concert. It is no coincidence, as the best lead singer (do not be afraid of these words) in the history of its existence continues to multiply its glory.
It is unlikely that a group of "Libera" ever come to Russia, but that it will not be less than love, because in Russia they say: "This is the" Libera ", made famous by Steven Geraghty".
What can I wish you a day of celebration? Happiness, health, luck, long life.
Continue to create and delight us with his presence.
God bless you.

Уважаемый Steven Geraghty!
18 июля, как следует из Вашей биографии. Вам исполняется 24 года. Это - знаковое событие не только для группы "Libera", но и для мировой музыкальной культуры.
Хотя в России "Libera" не столь популярна, как в Великобритании, США или Японии, но знатоки и ценители великолепного голоса, каким обладаете Вы, всегда были и будут отдавать ему дань уважения.
Да, несомненно, расцвет Вашего таланта пришелся на 1990е годы, когда группа называлась "Angel Voices". Я старше Вас на несколько лет, но без таких произведений, как "Jesus Loves Me", "Salva Me" и, конечно же, "Sanctus", мне не удалось бы стать полноценным человеком.
Говорят, что у каждого певца свой особый голос, который неповторим и всегда остается в памяти. Что же касается Вашего голоса, то он просто великолепен - от сияющей кристальной чистоты до амплитуды недосягаемой величины. Наполненный любовью и добром, он очищает душу. Притягивает к себе, словно что-то бесконечно близкое и не отпускает до самой последней минуты, даже когда произведение уже исполнено. Слушаешь композицию несколько раз, но чувство чего-то не полученного продолжает оставаться.
Вы не просто были частью группы "Libera" - вы творили ее историю.
Жаль, что в свое время мне не удалось увидеть знаменитую "ICO" на PS2 с Вашей песней "You Were There" (по моим данным, игра официально не появлялась на нашем рынке). Я слышал композицию несколько раз, в разном исполнении, но при этом, при всей красоте других голосов, я осознавал, что Ваше исполнение особое: оно отличается лиризмом, душевностью, а сила проникновения в душу слушателя просто фантастична.
Как известно, Вы и сейчас продолжаете творить в "Libera" - сочиняете музыку, записываете композиции, играете на многих музыкальных инструментах во время концерта. Это не случайно, так как лучший солист группы (не побоюсь этих слов) за всю историю ее существования продолжает умножать ее славу.
Вряд ли группа "Libera" когда-нибудь приедет в Россию, но от этого ее не станут меньше любить, ведь в России говорят так: "Это та группа "Libera", которая прославилась благодаря Steven Geraghty".
Что я могу пожелать Вам в день торжества? Счастья, здоровья, творческих успехов, долгих лет жизни.
Продолжайте творить и радовать нас своим присутствием.
Храни Вас Господь.
Last edited by 19DON74 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jayfrog214

Post by Jayfrog214 »

Mr. Geraghty,

I do not know if you will ever read this, but I hope someday you do. I finally got to meet you and tell you thank you after the concert in Frisco a few nights ago. Last year I chatted a bit with your mom since you were not there and she is a very funny lady. She liked saying "Oh, shut up..." and it had us smiling and my mom has never forgotten it. But back to the subject. I told you thanks for saving my life, something I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would be able to do. I made some very bad choices and it hurt people that I love and caused me to lose almost everything. I finally decided that the world would be better if I was not in it. I got in my truck to think about how I would do it. I started the truck and a compilation CD I had made began to play. The song that started up was Vespera, you were the soloist. I sat and listened, and I cried, but I also "woke up". I faced what I had done, and work everyday to help my family and friends. I know that it was not just you singing and that Libera is more than the sum of its parts. But in my heart you provided the voice of an angel that I needed to hear. I told you before I walked away to let you get packed, that what you did, and still do, matters. I try to tell the older boys that in the M&G sessions. Libera makes a difference. Whether it is the blind guy who needs you to get through the day, the mom that needs you so she won't take out her frustrations on her children, the priest looking for inspiration for his next sermon, or the person who is so ashamed that he does not wish to live, the voice you speak with is the voice of the child, but the voice you sing with is the voice of Heaven.
I am glad you are still with them and I hope you will be for decades to come, just as I hope Libera will have the longevity of the "old" choirs and be around for hundreds of years. You were and still are very much a fan favorite (one of mine at least) and I love seeing the ones who seemed the most involved (Josh, Ben, Liam, etc..) stay involved even after the voice change (which all of us dread almost as much as the boy does).
Peace to you and yours and don't be a stranger. If you make it to Texas again I will say hi and my mom (who is finally a Libera fan) will want to thank you again and try to turn your mom into an Il Divo fan :)

With greatest respect and deepest thanks,
Jay Henson
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Jay, that is such a moving story. :cry: And how brave of you to share it. Thank you. I'm so glad you made the right decision, even if I don't know you. Your story will stay with me and I hope Libera's music stays with you and all of us! :D Good to have you on the forum!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Jay, I just come back to your story again... I was thinking about it today and also about the words of Vespera at the beginning, the start of Stevens solo - "Before the ending of the day". That is precisely what you were in at that moment. Your "day" was not yet ended. Through your experience, this familiar song (it is sung at the closing of the day in the Roman Catholic liturgy) has now gotten a new meaning for me. So thank you once again. It is wonderful and something to marvel at, the way music can touch our lives.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

Te lucis ante terminum,
rerum Creator, poscimus,
ut solita clementia,
sis praesul ad custodiam.

Procul recedant somnia,
et noctium phantasmata:
hostemque nostrum comprime,
ne polluantur corpora.

Praesta, Pater omnipotens,
per Iesum Christum Dominum,
qui tecum in perpetuum
regnat cum Sancto Spiritu.

Amen.
To thee before the close of day,
Creator of the world, we pray
That, with thy wonted favour, thou
Wouldst be our guard and keeper now.

From all ill dreams defend our sight,
From fears and terrors of the night;
Withhold from us our ghostly foe,
That spot of sin we may not know.

O Father, that we ask be done,
Through Jesus Christ, thine only Son,
Who, with the Holy Ghost and thee,
Doth live and reign eternally.

Amen.
The full text of "Te Lucis" is quite moving, especially when read keeping Jay's story in mind. Powerful stuff indeed.