Stefan in "Turn of the Screw"

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Stefan in "Turn of the Screw"

Post by Yorkie »

Bullehynka wrote:Yuki posted on Twitter a photo of Stefan. It is so elegant !

Wow, that is pretty cool - I bet his mum and dad want a copy of that one for the album :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So tonight is Stefan's Debut :D :D :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes it was it it's a big success ! :D

Many applauses to him and to the crew, Stefan was obviously very happy by the crowd reaction :)
During the salutes he was hung at the shoulders by Sally Matthews, the main singer of the opera, in a way of greeting him for his first appearance in that Opera :)

At the very beginning when we discovered the two children, in their house waiting for the governess arrival, I had quite a surprise seeing Stefan, he have the haircut and colours intended for Miles, but the eyes let no doubts, it was him ! :)

Stefan did a great job in singing and acting !!
His solo on "Malo" (a latin word meaning "Evil"), his dialogs with the governess, everything was perfectly sung and played :D
For sure many work have been made for this great result :)
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Bravo to Stefan!
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

dani wrote:So tonight is Stefan's Debut :D :D :D
Yes, and what a magnificent debut. It probably goes without saying that Stefan’s singing was flawless- but did you know that this kid can also act!

I lost count of the number of curtain calls.
Bravo Stefan.

John
Last edited by john45 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Congratulations to Stefan! Yuki also said his voice was perfect - beautiful high notes! Sounds like it was a very exciting night for you all! Congratulations to you that you got to see and hear him! :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you Lauren :)
It was for sure an honour and a great luck to had been there tonight :D

About the high notes : I thought the same remark to myself :) especially during the scene 2 at the start of second act, when he discussed with his governess. He have some really high pitched phrases on that part and he sung it brilliantly )
labbie

Post by labbie »

Even though Stefan himself may not see the comments on this forum, he is still to be congratulated on his debut in this opera. Thanks to the forum members who attended the performance for their comments. It looks like Stefan has a promising career on the opera or musical stage ahead of him, if he eventually chooses to pursue such a career.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Lauren wrote: Sounds like it was a very exciting night for you all!
It certainly was.
Just another note about last night's performance.
There is a scene where Miles plays a piano. The piano is actually being played in the orchestra and the stage piano is silent with Stefan (Miles) simulating the hand and body movements. I was in the front row just behind the actual pianist and the synchronization was absolutely perfect. I'm sure that Stefan must be an accomplished pianist in "real life".
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks to all for telling us know Stefan got on, and great blogging from Yuki.... and now it's been confirmed that he's still got his great high voice, hopefully we'll be hearing from him very soon with Libera again.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Way to go Stefan - opera may not be my 'thing' but I'm really glad that it went well (not that I ever doubted that it would). I hope this is the start of new and exciting opportunities that will give you a fulfilling future - but whatever you chose to do you will always be one of our Libera boys :D

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Thanks to all for telling us know Stefan got on, and great blogging from Yuki.... and now it's been confirmed that he's still got his great high voice, hopefully we'll be hearing from him very soon with Libera again.

Yep - but i wonder if he will be given back any solo's. This time last year he was getting 9 solo's in a concert and now very few. The problem is that Libera moves on when he does other stuff , totally wonderful for him but it means he then comes back and some of his solo's have been handed on sadly.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:Thanks to all for telling us know Stefan got on, and great blogging from Yuki.... and now it's been confirmed that he's still got his great high voice, hopefully we'll be hearing from him very soon with Libera again.

Yep - but i wonder if he will be given back any solo's. This time last year he was getting 9 solo's in a concert and now very few. The problem is that Libera moves on when he does other stuff , totally wonderful for him but it means he then comes back and some of his solo's have been handed on sadly.
Well, it would be difficult to take them off the lads that have been performing them - the answer would be to swap in new songs that Stefan could then take the lead on some of those.

Mercy & Love
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

dani wrote:

He's going to the Philippines, but those concerts are mostly songs from the Christmas Album (plus hopefully a few other crowd-pleasers). We know from their photos that he was there to record that album, so if he had a solo on the album, he'll probably sing it at the concert. :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Lauren wrote: He's going to the Philippines, but those concerts are mostly songs from the Christmas Album (plus hopefully a few other crowd-pleasers). We know from their photos that he was there to record that album, so if he had a solo on the album, he'll probably sing it at the concert. :D

With his talent and voice i am hoping he gets at least 3 or 4 solo's .