James Mordaunt

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Benj
Silver Member

Re: James Mordaunt

Post by Benj »

JimmyRiddle wrote: I guess thats' the nature of the beast with Libera. Boys come and go without official acknowledgement or explanation.
I wonder how i would react if for example Libera issued a statement- mini James left Libera due to puberty.
Probably like this- :shock:
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

Benj wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote: I guess thats' the nature of the beast with Libera. Boys come and go without official acknowledgement or explanation.
I wonder how i would react if for example Libera issued a statement- mini James left Libera due to puberty.
Probably like this- :shock:
hahaha yeah i knw...hes still 11 isnt he? i would be pretty shocked if he left cuz of voice change...hmm
maybe he miteve moved???
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Libera represents a tremendous time commitment for the boys and I wonder if sometimes some of them have to face giving up Libera in order to succeed in school. That's what I was hinting at when I remarked earlier that most of the time when they leave Libera they do so in early summer. That's probably around the time that report cards come out.
mokkmonster

Post by mokkmonster »

TullyBascombe wrote:Libera represents a tremendous time commitment for the boys and I wonder if sometimes some of them have to face giving up Libera in order to succeed in school. That's what I was hinting at when I remarked earlier that most of the time when they leave Libera they do so in early summer. That's probably around the time that report cards come out.
That would be very sad. If you're ever forced to decide on something like that for your own child, please don't do that.

Libera seems to me like some great unique experience for all the boys about some - but not too much - self-confidence, having fun, friendship, learning to feel comfortable with audience, having fun in learning und succeeding and more. That's probably the best thing someone can achieve for his kids to prepare them for life. And taking that to achieve other goals always does damage. It's not like limiting the access to a Playstation.

I still hope he'll be back soon as he really seemed very happy and excited (from the limited impression we all get from videos and photos).
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Whatever the reasons, he can always continue singing wherever and whenever he likes :D I sure hope so, as he has a special voice.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

maartendas wrote:Whatever the reasons, he can always continue singing wherever and whenever he likes :D I sure hope so, as he has a special voice.
So true... :)
natsumi wrote:
hahaha yeah i knw...hes still 11 isnt he? i would be pretty shocked if he left cuz of voice change...hmm
maybe he miteve moved???
while yes it would be surprising if his voice has already changed, my brother (actually born the same day as James :lol: ) definitely has a deeper voice now than he did a year ago, so it is not entirely impossible if James left because of that. Just a thought :)
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

mokkmonster wrote: Libera seems to me like some great unique experience for all the boys about some - but not too much - self-confidence, having fun, friendship, learning to feel comfortable with audience, having fun in learning und succeeding and more. That's probably the best thing someone can achieve for his kids to prepare them for life. And taking that to achieve other goals always does damage. It's not like limiting the access to a Playstation.
Well said. One can always catch up with formal education even later in life. But the same can not be said on being with Libera. Those things you mentioned, i consider them far more important.
mokkmonster

Post by mokkmonster »

Benj wrote: Well said. One can always catch up with formal education even later in life. But the same can not be said on being with Libera. Those things you mentioned, i consider them far more important.
Education isn't that bad at all, but that's not the way to get someone of that age to improve. Try to teach him the fun in it.
Most of the great jobs are staffed by recruitment consultancies today and "soft skills" are as important as education to survive an assessment center. Libera seems to me like some unique opportunity to really improve in that field.

I've leaded boy groups of all ages for a very long time. So I might have another perspective (and I don't consider myself as some expert - that would need lifetimes). Most choirs I've seen are very adult-made not considering that kids have very different needs and experience. Libera seems to me very different from that beside of the music.

But back to topic :) - I hope James is back soon and doing good. I's only that I've seen such things happen too often, it never worked finally, and so it really hurts me when I imagine it - sorry for that. ;)
DaleyDeil

Post by DaleyDeil »

The Full list of members who are coming to Philippines next weeks has been released... and his name is not in it. :cry: I dunno if he left Libera now or not but it's kinda sad that he is not coming as well as Freddie, Jakob, and Sam.

I was actually looking forward in meeting them again. :(
Are you the hope are you the key?
frater

Post by frater »

Yes , He is not in the list of Philipimes tour, It is really a concern , He is 11 , voice broken , mmmmmm----dude,He is a charismatic boy symbol of Libera as Michael was, his presence in LIBERA is necessary , for his angelic voice,real artist ,look at his face when he sings.... expression.....he feels what he sings as Michael, and he contributes to the Libera fame.
I hope We all can see him soon. May GOD and allows- blessings
Last edited by frater on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Well said, frater. Welcome to the forum! :D

James contributes a lot to the choir. Excellent voice, devotion to singing, very good communication skills...
And it looks like he really enjoys being in.
Broken voice at 11? I also think it's not likely.
I do hope to see him again :)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yes! He done a :oops: :oops: wonderfull job in Canada, solo's on Going home, Love and mercy, His duet with freddie on Jubilate.
Also the solo on Touch the sky. He has such a soft and gentle voice.

I expect he has left Libera for whatever reason so all I can do, is wish him all the best for the future in whatever path he takes.
Last edited by paul on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

:( ...
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

There is always he possibility that he's gone on to educational opportunities that precluded his continuance with Libera. Maybe he's starting at Hogwarth's, which AFAIK is somewhere in the north, probably Scotland and simply too far away to commute to St. Phillip's.
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

TullyBascombe wrote:There is always he possibility that he's gone on to educational opportunities that precluded his continuance with Libera. Maybe he's starting at Hogwarth's, which AFAIK is somewhere in the north, probably Scotland and simply too far away to commute to St. Phillip's.
:lol: you crack me up! Well if he is at Hogwarts, I hope the sorting hat put him in Gryffindor House. Brave, sweet James. You will be missed!
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...