James Mordaunt

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

James Mordaunt

Post by maartendas »

Surprised to see there was not a topic about him yet. I was actually just looking for one so i could ask if anyone has found out why he was not on the recent US tour. But maybe this was also a bit personal, so if we never hear about it that's fine ofcourse. As long as he stays with Libera for a long time! Because he is a great soloist and a most charming lad ;)

I loved his solo on Going Home in Epsom, which in my opinion was even better than the version from the Leiden DVD. And Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas was perfect for him. I hope to hear more solos from him on the next Christmas album, and the one after that, of which we can only daydream at this stage. He has been compared to Michael Horncastle and I agree, they both have that 'breathy' airy sound of their voice, very delicate and sensitive. Compared to Touch the Sky on Peace, the solo I heard in Epsom showcased a growth of his voice so I definitely hope we can witness that progress for a long time to come.

So, topic created :D

from http://theliberadatabase.weebly.com/james-mordaunt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :

Birthday: December 9, 1999 (11)
Bio: James made his first public appearance with Libera in 2008, at St. John's Church in Torquay, and a since then captured the hearts of many audience members! James (also known as Mini-James) sang his first solo on 'Prayer' with Freddie Ingles on the Japan/US tour in 2009 and now sings solo parts on 'Going Home' with Daniel Fontannaz and 'Love and Mercy' with Freddie Ingles. When he's not singing, James likes cycling, playing computer games and swimming. If he were an angel, James would like to entertain everybody by telling jokes and doing stupid tricks!
Albums: Peace (2010)

You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Szepilona
Silver Member

Re: James Mordaunt

Post by Szepilona »

I love Mini-James! He was born the same day as my little brother (but we all know who's cooler! :wink: ) and Touch the Sky is an amazing song! His voice is so perfect for it!
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

<------- As you can see he's one of my favorites. I really liked him on Love & Mercy in Canada. I know I've said this before, but his version of the final "Mercy and Love" is the best I've ever heard. So smooth.

I really hope that he just had a conflict this tour and will be back with the group soon.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Malibu wrote:<------- As you can see he's one of my favorites. I really liked him on Love & Mercy in Canada. I know I've said this before, but his version of the final "Mercy and Love" is the best I've ever heard. So smooth.

I really hope that he just had a conflict this tour and will be back with the group soon.
Love and mercy in Canada!

Yest I agree, great end to a great song.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Mini James ?

Post by TullyBascombe »

I know that there were some questions about mini-James' absence from the US tour, and it was suggested that he might be on vacation, but I would have expected him to figure prominently on the Christmas album. Has he left Libera?
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Re: Mini James ?

Post by sweetangel16 »

TullyBascombe wrote:I know that there were some questions about mini-James' absence from the US tour, and it was suggested that he might be on vacation, but I would have expected him to figure prominently on the Christmas album. Has he left Libera?
I hope not. Maybe he's on vacation with his family or he's sick.

Charmaine
Liv Castor

Post by Liv Castor »

Well, just the fact that he was in Canada ( even though I didn't get to see him.... bummer! ) is encouraging. I hope he's alright. He is always such a bright chap! :D
But, JB wasn't on the USA tour either, or Stefan, so I guess that goes to prove that it really varies who goes on some of the tours and who doesn't. But we all can agree on one thing: Mini-James is way too cool to leave Libera now! :D
"[Singing] makes me feel like I'm on top of the world....'cause when I start singing I don't really care about what's happening... I just sing what I have to sing and I find it to be a release from real life."
--Liam Connery

http://inspiredinmusic.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Twitter-- "inspiredinmusic"
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Yes, we will see if he's still in the group..Some video links related to James M. here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FEoJ_p64z4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QY1ZJMdZAU
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Well he was said to be missing at the SOP celebration, and his picture hasn't been included on the Christmas Album so he probably has quit Libera.

It seems to me that there is sort of a trend. When choiristers quit Libera it seems to usually be between the big spring event and the big summer event.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Oh dear, that would really make me sad :( I so loved his solos in Epsom, I was sure he had a wonderful career yet ahead of him as a Libera soloist... Ofcourse he can always continue his singing, but still...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Liv Castor

Post by Liv Castor »

maartendas wrote:Oh dear, that would really make me sad :( I so loved his solos in Epsom, I was sure he had a wonderful career yet ahead of him as a Libera soloist... Ofcourse he can always continue his singing, but still...

Yeah, he seemed like he was going to be one of the "big ones"! Such a lovely voice. He takes all of his singing so seriously.

Ah well, I suppose we'll have to wait this one out and get the answer when the Christmas Cd will be available to non-Phillippine/Japan populous! :)
"[Singing] makes me feel like I'm on top of the world....'cause when I start singing I don't really care about what's happening... I just sing what I have to sing and I find it to be a release from real life."
--Liam Connery

http://inspiredinmusic.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Twitter-- "inspiredinmusic"
DaleyDeil

Post by DaleyDeil »

TullyBascombe wrote:Well he was said to be missing at the SOP celebration, and his picture hasn't been included on the Christmas Album so he probably has quit Libera.

It seems to me that there is sort of a trend. When choiristers quit Libera it seems to usually be between the big spring event and the big summer event.
Nooooo :cry:
Are you the hope are you the key?
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

TullyBascombe wrote:Well he was said to be missing at the SOP celebration, and his picture hasn't been included on the Christmas Album so he probably has quit Libera.

Mabe so, but he does have a new solo on the Christmas album in Corpus Christi Carol. At least to me, that implies that he is still in Libera...??
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Julia wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:It seems to me that there is sort of a trend. When choiristers quit Libera it seems to usually be between the big spring event and the big summer event.
Mabe so, but he does have a new solo on the Christmas album in Corpus Christi Carol. At least to me, that implies that he is still in Libera...??
Not neccessarily. Libera posted on their website that they were in the recording studio for Christmas Album in July so it's no inconcievable that MJ could have left the ranks shortly after this. I'm waiting for the Philippine tour, because I would guess if he's not on that it really would be a case of 3 strikes and out, after non-appearances on the US tour and SoP50 event. If it turns out he has left Libera it would be a shame for someone who has acheived so much already i.e. CD & live concert solos plus being quite high profile in media duties, but I guess thats' the nature of the beast with Libera. Boys come and go without official acknowledgement or explanation.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Julia wrote:

Well the album was recorded May - July 2011. He was at Epsom and Canada but missed the US tour and SOP. There are many reasons that one of the boys could miss one or the other but missing both is a little worrying. I guess we'll know when 360 releases the rest of the line up for the Philippines in the next few days.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love