JB????

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Julia
Silver Member

JB????

Post by Julia »

Does anyone know what Jonathan Barrington(JB) is up to? On dearmadine, he is not on the list of members who are on the US tour. I do hope that this doesn't mean that he has left Libera :( It wouldn't really make sense if he had as he did go on the Canada tour. HELP :shock:
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: JB????

Post by maartendas »

There could be a number of reasons he is not on tour right now. Maybe he is on holiday 8)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

Yes, but if that were the case, one does wonder why his younger brother is on the tour....
the water sighs for me
The fountain overflows

O living fountain

Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Well, sometimes we got more questions than answers :P
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

At the end of the day he is 16 and just finished school ( GCSE's) . If he has left then its not a shock at the choir is for 7-16 year olds. Josh and Sam are 17 in Oct so you would also bet this is they last tour, The choir is a choir that just keeps on revolving and never stays still. Boys come and go and it will long continue after JB , Josh and co leave. That is why its best not to get hung up on a few boys as then you end up sad and disappointed when they move on.

And if we are lucky then some of them may continue to help out behind the scenes or go on and have musical careers.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:At the end of the day he is 16 and just finished school ( GCSE's) . If he has left then its not a shock at the choir is for 7-16 year olds. Josh and Sam are 17 in Oct so you would also bet this is they last tour, The choir is a choir that just keeps on revolving and never stays still. Boys come and go and it will long continue after JB , Josh and co leave. That is why its best not to get hung up on a few boys as then you end up sad and disappointed when they move on.

And if we are lucky then some of them may continue to help out behind the scenes or go on and have musical careers.
Pretty good point ... Where is the 'like' button? :D (never mind :lol: )
However, Libera makes the news, we make discussions 8)
Liv Castor

Post by Liv Castor »

So true. Good questions and answers come out of all discussions! 8)
"[Singing] makes me feel like I'm on top of the world....'cause when I start singing I don't really care about what's happening... I just sing what I have to sing and I find it to be a release from real life."
--Liam Connery

http://inspiredinmusic.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Twitter-- "inspiredinmusic"
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

Well, I'm sorry- didn't mean to get hung up on details,and I was really just wonderin....
the water sighs for me
The fountain overflows

O living fountain

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Julia wrote:Well, I'm sorry- didn't mean to get hung up on details,and I was really just wonderin....

You asked a question and we answered . We know no more than you but he is at that age where his time with Libera is pretty up .
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Its good that we have more questions than answers.

If all the questions had answers, there would not be much to chat about on here ;)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

FYI, JB hasn't left. He was in attendance at the Songs of Praise 50th Anniversary show on 25th September. I was told that he did not go to the USA because of school trips during the summer holiday. I cannot verify that but that's my understanding.
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

My blog is not the most legitimate source. Lol. Well, although he didn't join the US tour this year, he DID attend Songs of Praise thingy last weekend. I think that's a clear sign that JB is still in Libera :)
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Yes and he attend the Philippines concerts.

I like Jonathan Barrington, cause of several reasons. One is that he's with the group for many years & I 'know' him as a member since he was very cute & little :mrgreen:
JB never had a solo & for this reason he got little attention..you know what I mean, he wasn't much in the focus.
Not only cause of this reason I created this tribute-video for him, shows Jonathan's Libera-time from the beginning. I guess it's my first Libera fan video without Libera music in it :lol: I take this as a chance to introduce other lovely music, the music is GREGORIAN - soloist Sarah Brightman & a song of Herman Van Veen.
The video is better to watch on youtube in full screen.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[youtube][/youtube]
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

That's an odd sensation - the familiar voice of Dutch singer/theatre performer Herman van Veen singing German over clips of Libera :wink:
Actually, I don't think JB has been that much out of focus simply because he never had any solos. In my mind he has always been a very visible presence, one of the trademark Libera boys for some reason. He always seems like a big clown, a little bit in his own world but always full of passion for Libera and singing, and more recently: goofing around with the newbies (I remember a clip from Japan tour 2009 where he lifts up Mini James on his shoulders from behind a litter bin or something - hilarious! And don't forget this cute picture:

You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

He was in the Philippine tour. He's one of the two the "big people" in one of the skits (the ones who wave :lol: ). The other one was Josh. :D