Tiarnán

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Tiarnán

Post by maartendas »

Some of you may have noticed I changed my avatar (again ;)). This time I chose Tiarnán because, well, I have always had a soft spot for him. He seems out of the limelight, modest, shy but shining on stage nonetheless. He's quiet, loyal, and... he reminds me of me - a LOT. In fact, he's the one member in Libera I can really identify with - and it took me a long time to come to terms with this. It's not often you come across someone and almost feel like you are looking in a mirror. It's like a recognition of a complete stranger :) But even though it kind of unsettles me to look at him and feel like I am looking at myself, it is also precious. And it's time I expressed that.

So - here's to one of the less-shined-upon members of Libera, who deserves to be in the spotlight. Tiarnán - Thank you for singing so wonderfully with the choir (both in Libera and in church) for so many years. I never sang in a choir as a young boy so in a way looking at you makes me daydream of what could have been. And so it is with extra emphasis that I wish you all the best and I hope to see you singing for a long time to come. God bless you!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Sue
Silver Member

Re: Tiarnán

Post by Sue »

Yes, I agree. He was never that much in the spotlight, surely cause of his deep voice, but a loyal member. I think he joined in 2006, was born in December 1996, also he's 14 years old at the moment. I have to say his voice was already deep when he joined Libera. I'm not sure if his voice broke already before he joined, but it's possible.
So, we know, Tiarnan never got the chance to sing a solo. But I am sure he is an important person for the group, especially now as a bigger boy. By the way I think 'Tiarnan' is a very rare first name, so it's a very interesting one, right?

Look I have the 'Mini-Tiarnan' for you :D
Tiarnan.jpg
Tiarnan.jpg (18.08 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
Tiarnan.jpg
Tiarnan.jpg (18.08 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks for the info Sue. I actually didn't know that his voice was deep when he started. Makes me a bit sad to know, regarding what I wrote before. I sort of feel like Tiarnán lives out what I never could and never will, and now his voice broke earlier :( Well, changed, because I agree with others that 'broke' is not the right word.

Tiarnán is an uncommon Irish/Gaelic name and it means 'lord' :D Sort of fits him, I think - the fact that it's uncommon, and the meaning :)
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Sue wrote: I have to say his voice was already deep when he joined Libera. I'm not sure if his voice broke already before he joined, but it's possible.
Tiarnán joined Libera 2006 maybe 2005 (he had is first public appearance on November 19, 2006) and he's born December 17, 1996 - so he was 10 when he joined Libera. So how you can say that he's voice was deep and maybe it brokes before he came to Libera? Did you here it at this time? :?:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

There is no way his voice broke that early. You can hear him in the Lieaden video (2007) and his voice has not broken. He would of only been about 9.

You could hear his voice begin to break in the visit i think to LA in about 2009. He is on the plane and says " we are about to land in LA" and its like wow you have a deep voice but it had also not quite broke as it cracked.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I actualy recall hearing his voice and associate it with the picture that sue posted above. Not a broken voice, very boyish if you ask me! Not unlike Joe snellings voice. (Slightly deeper than average but not broken) and he could still hit very high treble notes.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

maartendas wrote: Makes me a bit sad to know, regarding what I wrote before.
Don't be sad, Tiarnan doesn't seem to be. Indeed he was quite enthusiastic about singing
the low parts last summer.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

tom413 wrote: Don't be sad, Tiarnan doesn't seem to be. Indeed he was quite enthusiastic about singing
the low parts last summer.
Oh the lower parts can be so beautiful. It's just that, you know you never get your treble voice back, and I just wish I had sung as a child, so for every Libera boy to change his voice I am reminded of that. But I can see why Tiarnán would be excited about singing the low parts, they can add so much intensity to the whole sound.