Stefan news

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Stefan news

Post by dani »

In the weekly message of the headmaster school where Stefan goes following is mentioned this week:

A very large number of (edited out school name ) boys will be performing in one of five operas that we have been asked to appear in this term. For all the boys involved it is an experience that they are unlikely to forget but I would like to particularly congratulate those boys who have been chosen to perform solos. The three soloists in Garsington Opera's The Magic Flute are Stefan Leadbeater, James Dugan and Leo Benedict.
Last edited by dani on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
javerylibe

Re: Stefan The Magic Flute

Post by javerylibe »

Good on Stefan. It looks as though he's been cast as one of the 'Drei Knaben,' the trio of spectral/mythological boys who periodically appear to guide and advise the opera's heroes. Any one of the three is a fantastic role for for a young treble or alto, and Stephan and his classmates should feel quite proud of themselves for having been cast.

Youtube has loads of videos (some in performance, others in recital) of the quartet 'Bald Prangt, den Morgen zu Verkünden,' perhaps the trio's most famous moment.

Here in the original German:

[youtube][/youtube]

And here in English:

[youtube][/youtube]

Good luck to Stefan and his classmates. The Magic Flute can be a wonderful, entertaining way to introduce younger people to opera, and I hope that all of the Trinity students enjoy their time in the production.
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

You might want to check the schedule for the shows...all SOLD OUT.
http://www.garsingtonopera.org/our-seas ... e-schedule
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Must be my age, I wrote reply and then pressed something and it got lost.

Dani, can I say well done for editing out the school's name. There are many undesireable people out there looking at 'our' type of forum to see where their next victim is coming from.

I never represent myself as anything other than 62 year old (unfortunately) male, happilly married with two grown up children 2000 miles away and 2 Grandchildren the same distance of course. We also have a dog, not 2000 miles away, he's on the balcony right now, who is four and called Sunny. He's wonderful. But he's more troubel to get out of bed in a morning than a teenager!

Godo luck to Stephan though, he is soooooooooooo talented.
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
dani
Diamond Member

Re: Stefan news

Post by dani »

Stefan really is proving to be the most talented boy out of Libera ever :)

He is now off to Vienna for 7 weeks in the summer. He has a part in the Miles in the turn of the screw at the Vienna Opera. It is a very prestigious honor to get such an achievement and he went though a rigorous audition to get the part :mrgreen:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I had no idea that "Turn of the Screw" had been made into an opera.
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

The shows are scheduled to be around mid-September according to the Vienna State Opera's website.
http://www.viennaconcerts.com/search?ke ... ew&x=0&y=0

Someone get this kid a contract. Better yet, I hope he becomes an accomplished tenor when his voice changes.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Stefan will share the role with a boy named Teddy Favre-Gilly, from London, who already played in "Tosca"... like Stefan ;)

The turn of the screw will be shown 6 time, at the Theater an der Wien of Vienna, from 14 to 27 septembre.

See here on the theater site a brief content and summary of that Opera

The Theater staff seems to be used to upload videos on their Youtube channel, we may hope to see Stefan in Miles's role in a few months :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Great news for Stefan, thanks for sharing.

Wonder why he his spending 7 weeks there - seems a bit excessive for a 2 week concert run?

Congrats to him anyhow, following in the footsteps of Liam O'Kane (Hard Romantic), Steven Geraghty (PS2 game soundtrack ICO) and Tom Cully (Silence, Night & Dreams) in solo ventures outside of Libera.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
labbie

Post by labbie »

I would imagine that the seven weeks would include extensive rehearsals leading up to the two-week concert run.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:Stefan really is proving to be the most talented boy out of Libera ever :)

He is now off to Vienna for 7 weeks in the summer. He has a part in the Miles in the turn of the screw at the Vienna Opera. It is a very prestigious honor to get such an achievement and he went though a rigorous audition to get the part :mrgreen:
Thanks for the update dani - seems I was right about him at Epsom :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

WOW, that's totally great ! :D
Excellent news, dani 8)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
dani wrote:

Thanks for the update dani - seems I was right about him at Epsom :D
Yep it seems more likely that he has taken a more back seat in Libera due to being busy else where as he still has school and home work commitments so he must be a very busy kid at the moment.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Wow! Great news! Congrats to Stefan! I wonder if he will do the Summer Tour with Libera and then just fly to Vienna. I hope so. We'd really miss him if he didn't. Will his mom stay with him in Vienna the whole time?
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Lexi wrote:Wow! Great news! Congrats to Stefan! I wonder if he will do the Summer Tour with Libera and then just fly to Vienna. I hope so. We'd really miss him if he didn't. Will his mom stay with him in Vienna the whole time?
Maybe Libera will just happen to be in Vienna as part of their European tour leg when Stefan sings his solo. Then again maybe not because they would have to be back to school for the new term. I'm still sceptical about him having to be away from home for all 7 weeks of his summer holidays. My feeling is he will tour with Libera then go onto Vienna. Lucky chap will have an extended summer holiday whatever the case ;)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez