Tom Cully(former)

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Re: Tom Cully(former)

Post by hannah_kirstin »

For anyone interested in Jamie Isaac (as he is now known and referred to), here are two interesting radio interviews from MixCloud. Fast forward to the convos if it's not your kind of music..hehe. Exciting to see this kid seems to eat, breathe, live music. :)

Jamie Isaac Interview - The Elektrik Cave on Roundhouse Radio

Jamie Isaac on Sicknotes Radio
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Just listened to the second one (I know I know, but I read newspapers from back to front too) & bloody hell do I feel old - not quite as old as Viabuona! Only understood one word in 5.....

Interesting that he has blocked Libera fans on Twitter but I can understand it given the style of his music; wouldn't do his street cred much good being fawned over (would stalked be too strong a word?) by people who have no understanding of boundaries or appropriate behaviour (I mean the odd nutter type not all of us obviously). Tom has grown up & moved on & he needs the space to live his new life.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

If Jamie really feels this strongly about putting his past success behind him, and being known for what he does now, It seems to me this thread should be moved to "Other Artists". Remember, not everyone would be as respectful of his unspoken requests as we are.
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Yorkie wrote:Just listened to the second one (I know I know, but I read newspapers from back to front too) & bloody hell do I feel old - not quite as old as Viabuona! Only understood one word in 5.....

Interesting that he has blocked Libera fans on Twitter but I can understand it given the style of his music; wouldn't do his street cred much good being fawned over (would stalked be too strong a word?) by people who have no understanding of boundaries or appropriate behaviour (I mean the odd nutter type not all of us obviously). Tom has grown up & moved on & he needs the space to live his new life.
I call it BLOKE LINGO, Yorkie. 8) If I had to listen to that all day I'd go nuts. I do think he'll speak proper English when not in the company of fellow blokes. :lol: Agree with everything you said. Hence also his need to reinvent himself as this new artist. I do like his new stuff (minus the bloke lingo) and will support him still. Unless he decides to do heavy metal.... :lol:
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:If Jamie really feels this strongly about putting his past success behind him, and being known for what he does now, It seems to me this thread should be moved to "Other Artists". Remember, not everyone would be as respectful of his unspoken requests as we are.
Good point, @alcesalce... Do you have a nickname instead? :wink: Guess we'll have to ask the moderators about this.
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

hannah_kirstin wrote:
alcesalcesobservator wrote:If Jamie really feels this strongly about putting his past success behind him, and being known for what he does now, It seems to me this thread should be moved to "Other Artists". Remember, not everyone would be as respectful of his unspoken requests as we are.
Good point, @alcesalce... Do you have a nickname instead? :wink: Guess we'll have to ask the moderators about this.
:lol: no... no nicknames as of yet.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I just hope fans are respectful of the fact he has clearly moved on . When he had the MySpace page or anything on YouTube it became clear some fans knew no boundaries and I doubt that will change now . So I hope people do not leave Libera comments when reviewing his work as its not the time or place ..MOO
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Tom is releasing an album as Jamie Isaac.
[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Amazing song, interesting video.
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Here's Tom, now Jamie Isaac, in Clash Magazine. Glad he's getting noticed more. :)
http://www.clashmusic.com/features/cour ... nterviewed
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Thanks for the article hannah_kirstin. I haven't kept up with what's been going on with his music, but it looks like he's doing some great stuff! Not surprising though, eh?
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

LuxVenit wrote:Thanks for the article hannah_kirstin. I haven't kept up with what's been going on with his music, but it looks like he's doing some great stuff! Not surprising though, eh?
Not surprising at all. Boy knows his music! He takes his craft very seriously, and I appreciate that despite not liking that genre. Hehe :mrgreen:
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I know some longtime fans of Libera are aware of Preisner's "Silence, Night, and Dreams" album, which features Tom in the title track and the track "Be Faithful, Go". However, I don't see it posted here, and I quite like the music. It's worth checking out the other tracks as well. Teresa Salgueiro has a rather unique voice.