Compilation album being released!

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

BrightEyes wrote:
symphonica7 wrote:Attendite??? Sacri Solemni?? Beata Lux???
Hey Symphonica :)

I think those were all from the Libera era. This compilation is just the Angel Voices 1 and 2 material from St. Philips Boys Choir.

Ahhh....gotcha....I know nothing about St. Philips...now I feel like a total dumb a**......
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

Don't worry about it. :)
I think there are maybe a few Libera fans who are unfamiliar with the St Philips material, and this compilation is wonderful for getting these older songs out in release again.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

BrightEyes wrote:Don't worry about it. :)
I think there are maybe a few Libera fans who are unfamiliar with the St Philips material, and this compilation is wonderful for getting these older songs out in release again.
That's awesome, so its going to be St. Phillips Greatest Hits????

I'm all over that!!!

(Winks) to Todd....
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I think this is a great initiative. Some things have already been said about the choice of songs and there are some of the best songs of both albums on the list. I would only recommend to put Light the Candles and Evening Falls on it as well. But that's just my personal opinion ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

Hi everyone :D !

Just wanted to let you all know that we have revised the track list to reflect some particular favorites for some of you (as they are for me too :)). Also, regarding our artwork and cover imagery, we have contacted Libera directly and have been told that we can only use images of the group that were officially released with the albums. Our producer likes the cover image from the first release of "Angel Voices" in 1992, but we have not located a high-res image of it yet. Does anyone actually have this version of the release or know if there were other images of the group included therein? Also, was this ever released on LP/vinyl? Thanks again for any help with this and, please, do let me know what you think of this revised track list (the ones in bold are the added songs):

1. For The Beauty Of The Earth (Soloists: Oliver Putland & Daren Geraghty?) - From Angel Voices, 1992

2. O For The Wings Of A Dove (Soloist: Oliver Putland?) - From Angel Voices, 1992

3. How Can I Keep From Singing - From Angel Voices, 1992

4. Pie Jesu ( From Faure's Requiem) - From Angel Voices 2, 1996

5. Sailing (Soloist: Oliver Putland?) - From Angel Voices, 1992

6. Amazing Grace - From Angel Voices 2, 1996

7. Evening Falls (Soloist: Daren Geraghty) - From Angel Voices 2, 1996

8. All Things Bright And Beautiful - From Angel Voices 2, 1996

9. Be Still My Soul (Soloist: Oliver Putland?) - From Angel Voices, 1992

10. Nunc Dimittis (Soloist: Daren Geraghty) - From Angel Voices 2, 1996

11. Praise My Soul (The King Of Heaven) - From Angel Voices 2, 1996

12. Close Every Door To Me (Soloist: Liam O'Kane)- From Angel Voices, 1992

13. Abide With Me - From Angel Voices 2, 1996

14. Adoramus Te (Soloist: Oliver Putland?) - From Angel Voices, 1992

15. Be Still For The Presence Of The Lord (Soloists: Oliver Putland & Daren Geraghty?) - From Angel Voices, 1992

16. Jerusalem - From Angel Voices 2, 1996
Sing, Sing, Ye Heavenly Choir
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

symphonica7 wrote:
BrightEyes wrote:Don't worry about it. :)
That's awesome, so its going to be St. Phillips Greatest Hits????

I'm all over that!!!

(Winks) to Todd....
Hey symphonica7!

Yes, the title will be something like "The Best Of Angel Voices: The St. Philips Boy's Choir".

Thanks for the enthusiasm, bro 8) !
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Glad you have added Evening falls, that had got to be one of my top pieces from the Angel Voices albums
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

paul30003 wrote:Glad you have added Evening falls, that had got to be one of my top pieces from the Angel Voices albums
I second that, it's great that you actually added it!
LiberAeterna wrote:Our producer likes the cover image from the first release of "Angel Voices" in 1992, but we have not located a high-res image of it yet.
The original Angel Voices 1 cover (with the boys in robes) is a great picture, I hope you can find one and get to use it. Although maybe the wing picture attracts more curiosity and a wider audience... hmmm.. Image
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

All around some very good choices. Keep us posted on your progress, especially when it hits the market. How do you plan to distribute this album?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

LiberAeterna wrote: 8. All Things Bright And Beautiful - From Angel Voices 2, 1996

12. Close Every Door To Me (Soloist: Liam O'Kane)- From Angel Voices, 1992

13. Abide With Me - From Angel Voices 2, 1996

14. Adoramus Te (Soloist: Oliver Putland?) - From Angel Voices, 1992

16. Jerusalem - From Angel Voices 2, 1996
Some of my choices :)
So good to know that another album coming out soon!
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

TullyBascombe wrote:All around some very good choices. Keep us posted on your progress, especially when it hits the market. How do you plan to distribute this album?
Hi TullyBascombe :D ,

Thanks for the support! Regarding distribution, it will be available for purchase direct through our website, http://www.varesesarabande.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and through Amazon in North America. Check us out sometime....we mostly specialize in movie soundtracks but we have lots of other music as well; oldies, inspirational, country, etc. In terms of digital, you would only be able to purchase the whole album (not single tracks) on Amazon only.

I'll be sure to keep everybody posted on the progress. Also, if any of you are on other fan sites, blogs, etc., feel free to post the info about our release when it comes close to hitting the market. Hopefully, we'll be allowed to have Libera link it through their shop as I know they receive more commission on CD sales that way.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Do you have a general idea when the CD will be ready?
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

BrightEyes wrote:
The old Libera Fans website had an extensive collection of videos from that time period. I downloaded almost all of the videos they had that were of reasonable quality. If you had some way that I could send them to you I'd be glad to do so. I'd warn you in advance that the quality of video stills made from 1990's TV is not going to be very good compared to the stuff made by fans with high definition cameras we've become used to seeing recently.
Seconded on "Sailing", awesome, awesome song.

Likewise:

"Always There"
"Bright Eyes"
"Close Every Door to Me"
"San Damiano"
"Evening Falls"

I think everyone is going to have their own favorites, but those are the ones I like the best :)[/quote]

Bulls eye! The album can't represent the best of Angel Voices without those songs.

About the pics, i've always found lots of Angel Voices pics just surfin around so that shouldn't be difficult unless it's about copyright issues.

Good luck on the project and please make sure they reach all Libera loving countries.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

After this one could you do a compilation of Libera / Angel Voices / St Phillip's Boy's Choirs greatest Christmas hits and release it this December?
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

TullyBascombe wrote:Do you have a general idea when the CD will be ready?
Hi TullyBascombe :D ,

We are hoping for a summer release this year, maybe June or July.