Compilation album being released!

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Compilation album being released!

Post by fan_de_LoK »

LiberAeterna wrote:Thanks Murkskis for the kind words and help with image posting and also to maartendas :D
Now all I need is to get my avatar working... :?

Here is the back inlay. Again, I hope everyone will enjoy:

Thank you very much for all your work LiberAeterna ! :D

I can not wait to get your CD!
Do you know when it will become available for pre-ordering from the Varèse Sarabande site ?
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

Hi fan_de_LoK :D ,

We will probably make our compilation available for pre-order around early August, a few weeks before the release date of August 23. Although, Amazon may have it available earlier than we will. Also, if you haven't already, please let everyone in French forum know about this release too :wink: . Thanks for all your support my friend :D !
Sing, Sing, Ye Heavenly Choir
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Love it, and can't wait for the release!
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

Thanks again fellow Libera fans/friends for all the support. It is most appreciated :D

Just wanted to let everyone know that Amazon has now made this available for pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Angel-Voices ... 144&sr=1-1

As I mentioned before, we'll have it available for pre-order on our site around early August.

Peace and Love :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you for the information :)

But if we buy the CD from Amazon your company will receive less money than if we buy it from your site, isn't it ? :|

Amazon's boss in France is weird guy... the CD is already available from Amazon Germany, available from Amazon.co.uk, but not available from Amazon France....

I don't care, I will order it from anywhere :D
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

True, our company would receive less income from the sale as Amazon and other vendors buy it at a wholesale price from us. We, of course, would appreciate it if you did purchase from our site but we do want to create as much visibility as possible for this collection. It is good to see it available already from Amazon UK and Germany but it is strange Amazon France has not listed it :? . Perhaps you can exert some influence on them :) ....

Either way, as long as people buy it we will be happy :D ! Still hoping that we could offer this at future concerts...
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

LiberAeterna wrote:Still hoping that we could offer this at future concerts...
Yes, you mentioned something about that earlier once and I was wondering why not? Are you worried that Libera and/or EMI will see the album as a kind of competitor to their own CDs? I don't want to touch on anything too 'sensitive' here, but I am just curious because I think it would be a great addition to the merchandise at concerts.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Very Very Cool..........I've not heard most of the songs listed on the Album.....especially the ones on the "right" side.......Very AWESOME!!!!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

maartendas wrote:
LiberAeterna wrote:Still hoping that we could offer this at future concerts...
Yes, you mentioned something about that earlier once and I was wondering why not? Are you worried that Libera and/or EMI will see the album as a kind of competitor to their own CDs? I don't want to touch on anything too 'sensitive' here, but I am just curious because I think it would be a great addition to the merchandise at concerts.

Hi maartendaas,

Sorry about my lack of response on this as I had forgotten you had asked about this before. Of course, we would love to have our CD available for purchase at the concerts. I personally feel as a fan myself of Libera, that it is very interesting to listen to the group's work before their name changed and to hear how their sound has developed over the years. I would even say that the first Libera album, which is now 12 years old, sounds a bit different than their current material. Although, I think Mr. Prizeman has kept a remarkably consistent sound and approach even from the very beginning. This happens with most every group though and it makes hearing all this material very appealing, at least to me. I would hope other fans would enjoy hearing these tracks as well. It also depends on who is selling the CD's at the concerts as there may be different sponsors or vendors involved. If anyone can let me know who is selling the CDs during this tour because there is always a possibility that we could work with them to offer our CD on future tours. There is also the "competition" factor due to the fact that our album is "St. Philips Boys Choir" and not technically "Libera" or an EMI Classics product (although this is being released through their Christian division). That being said, I agree with you and would hope that this is something that will be available for the fans at future shows.
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

Hi Libera friends :),

Just an update on our release. We'll be making it available for pre-order tomorrow, August 9th here:

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ ... oys/Detail

It does look like we got some pre-orders on the Amazon page too, which is promising. Although it's ranking isn't the highest in the world (45,693) at least the word is getting out. Thanks to all those who can support our release and with a Libera Christmas album coming there will hopefully be continued interest in purchasing new Cds from our favorite group!

On a side note, if there are any Paul McCartney fans here we have also recently released his music for the 1966 film, The Family Way, for which he won an Ivor Novello award. It is in the style of the instrumental music from the Beatles Sgt. Pepper days. Here is the link in case anyone is interested:

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ ... ily/Detail

Peace and Love :)
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

I realise that I've come to this topic really late in the day but the song choices are - sorry to say this - dreary. ALL of these songs have been sung ad nauseum by too many other artists. To promote Libera as a valued modern force, you need to choose songs which more reflect the Libera of today and not the SPBC from 20 years ago. I wish you luck with the release.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

LiberAeterna wrote:Just an update on our release. We'll be making it available for pre-order tomorrow, August 9th here:

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ ... oys/Detail

It does look like we got some pre-orders on the Amazon page too, which is promising.
Thank you for the information LiberAeterna :D
Be sure I will order it as soon as it's available on your site :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

LiberAeterna wrote: On a side note, if there are any Paul McCartney fans here we have also recently released his music for the 1966 film, The Family Way, for which he won an Ivor Novello award.[/url]
Cool - a friend of mine and his dad are both Beatle crazy so I will let them know about this :)
FanInPlymouth wrote:I realise that I've come to this topic really late in the day but the song choices are - sorry to say this - dreary. ALL of these songs have been sung ad nauseum by too many other artists. To promote Libera as a valued modern force, you need to choose songs which more reflect the Libera of today and not the SPBC from 20 years ago. I wish you luck with the release.
Well, the idea was to show people the beginning of Libera, when they were still the St. Philips Boys Choir. If you look at their CDs, it's always familiar repertoire. Hopefully with this recording, new fans will come to appreciate these versions, which are great :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The release date of 23th August is now passed, the CD is available ! :D

Be sure to have it in your collection :)

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ ... 99s/Detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I just got mine, it was everything I had hoped for. When I first noticed Libera in 2006 the only material I could find of their's was videos on Youtube. Their CDs weren't carried in bookstores in this area and I was shy about purchasing from Amazon. (I had some bad experiences with online purchasing prior to that.) Most of the videos of Libera on Youtube at the time were videos of past performances on Tischmark's show, Thors Hind's show and Songs of Praise. Many of the songs on this album are also found on those videos, but the sound quality of the CD is much better. The style of St. POhillip's Boys Choir / Angel Voices was different from Libera's. I like Libera's style but I have pangs of nostalgia for the old songs, they're closer to the hymns I was used to hearing as a child.