Compilation album being released!

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

LiberAeterna wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:Do you have a general idea when the CD will be ready?
Hi TullyBascombe :D ,

We are hoping for a summer release this year, maybe June or July.
Maybe you can try to let it coincide with a US tour of Libera, for extra promotional attention that could work both ways...

Or do you already know something we don't? ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

maartendas wrote:
LiberAeterna wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:Do you have a general idea when the CD will be ready?
Hi TullyBascombe :D ,

We are hoping for a summer release this year, maybe June or July.
Maybe you can try to let it coincide with a US tour of Libera, for extra promotional attention that could work both ways...

Or do you already know something we don't? ;)
Hey maartendaas :D ,

No, believe me, I do not have any inside info on touring :lol:! It would be fantastic if we could get this released to coincide with a US tour but if they come here in Springtime, as has been implied here, it could not be done by then as we don't even have any artwork yet. Hopefully, we will be able to get the group photo from Libera staff for our album cover. Also, I would be thrilled if we could sell our release at future Libera concerts but I do not know if that would be allowed by the group :?.
Sing, Sing, Ye Heavenly Choir
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

LiberAeterna wrote:Also, I would be thrilled if we could sell our release at future Libera concerts but I do not know if that would be allowed by the group :?.
Why on earth not??
Lauren
Silver Member

Re: Compilation album being released!

Post by Lauren »

Happy news! Todd (LiberAeterna) has been very busy at work but wrote with info on the compilation CD. It is scheduled to be released on August 23, 2011. He previously posted the song list in this thread. The suggested retail price is $11.99 but may vary depending on the vendor. It will be available at Varese Sarabande's web site http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/StoreFront and eventually on Amazon.com. Pre-orders will be available in late July/early August. It will also be available in various Christian and church bookstores nationwide in the US. Feel free to go into your local store and ask them to request it.

The cover picture is from the 1992 Angel Voices album cover. Todd is still working on the back inlay and the booklet. To see the cover and for more product information, click EMI Christian Music Group's web site http://www.emicmgdistribution.com/produ ... id=1846616 Thank you to Jimmy Riddle for this link!
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Wow, happy news indeed! The cover looks great, a real eyecatcher I think. It gives me a proud feeling that these recordings will now get this (new) recognition. And very nice timing, just after the US tour.
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Very cool...!!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

Thanks Todd for working so hard to put this together. I'm in complete agreement with Maarten that this release should hopefully help to give this beautiful music some much needed recognition in the states.

I like the cover photo... I like the songs... I like it all!! Very nice work indeed!

I still listen to these songs all the time on my iPod, just as much as any of the Libera material.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

This is awesome news! I've looked for these songs and CDs with no luck. I'll definitely be highlighting that release date on my calendar. :D
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Varèse Sarabande, the company that produce this compilation CD have puted on their website a bigger photo of the cover, on the page we will to order the CD when it will be available for ordering ou pre-orderig :)

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ ... %27/Detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

This is great news. Please remember to let us know when the album will become available for pre-order. Do you know if the website selling it would accept VISA?
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Todd said that it should be available for pre-orders late July/early August. Their website accepts VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, PayPal and money order. In the U.S. they will also accept personal checks.
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

Hello everyone :)

First off, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to Lauren, Fan_De_LoK, and everyone else who is helping spread the word about our album :D ! All your help is very much appreciated and, hopefully, this will help the album sell well. I have been incredibly busy lately at work so I'm sorry I haven't posted any updates in a while. I truly have tried to make this album something that all the fans would like while also bringing people to the group who have never heard of them.

As I do not know yet how to share images in a post, here is the link to our album detail page from our site: http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ ... oys/Detail.

There, I have just posted the back inlay for our CD. Sadly, there is an error in the writing credit on the first track "For The Beauty Of The Earth". It incorrectly states that Daren Geraghty co-wrote the song instead of the correct credit which should be "Music: John Rutter" :cry: . I noticed this error but unfortunately we could not change it as it had already been sent out to our print company. I am a bit disheartened by this so don't be too mad at me! The back cover you will see in the booklet and partially can see on the back inlay is the inside of St. Philips. I really hope you will all like the album and hope that Libera will be happy with it too! Unfortunately, I have just learned of their upcoming US tour which will occur before our album is released :( so it doesn't look like we would be able to offer it at any of the concerts. I'm not sure if I will be able to attend any shows yet but I can say that I am at least very happy :D for Lauren, Lexi and Rebecca as they will possibly get to see Libera twice in one year! Again, thanks for all the support here and I will try and be more of a presence her as I miss everyone...

Peace and Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

LiberAeterna wrote: I truly have tried to make this album something that all the fans would like while also bringing people to the group who have never heard of them.
You are doing very good job to support the group :D
And I'm glad to hear that the new album is so close to release!

Regarding the images- you could just post the following text without the name SAMPLE if you like :wink:

[imgSAMPLE]http://www.varesesarabande.com/media/03 ... 8d49_l.jpg[/img]
[imgSAMPLE]http://www.varesesarabande.com/media/03 ... a980_l.jpg[/img]
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Already happy with it, and the back cover looks great too :) Pretty special for a lot of fans, I assume, to be able to see a little bit of what the church looks like from inside. Especially considering they really keep Libera and the church/parish separate.
This must be exciting days for you, and I hope you can share this excitement with Libera/Robert Prizeman. And I'm also thinking of all the previous members of St. Philips Boys Choir :) I bet they must feel proud :D
Last edited by maartendas on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

Thanks Murkskis for the kind words and help with image posting and also to maartendas :D
Now all I need is to get my avatar working... :?

Here is the back inlay. Again, I hope everyone will enjoy: