Libera go Nutcracking!

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
phlibera wrote: Not being part of the group that do press interviews doesn't mean they're no longer part of the tour. It just means they're probably now stay at the back in a concert and no solos. We'll know for sure in the coming days.
I like a bet - what odds will you give me that Josh and Liam are not on tour :D

I think one of them deffo wont be there.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

dani wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
phlibera wrote: Not being part of the group that do press interviews doesn't mean they're no longer part of the tour. It just means they're probably now stay at the back in a concert and no solos. We'll know for sure in the coming days.

I think one of them deffo wont be there.
That's quite possible, as there seem to be quite a few boys who now have changed voices/could sing in the back row: Sam Leggett, JB, Josh, Liam, Tiarnan...even Ben is on his way; I think he'll be able to sing the lower parts within the next 6 months or so.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:
Haha... I'd give you 1% chance of that happening. I'd give you 0%, but that's not really a number. It's just 3 months since their last concert where Josh and Liam were still there so I think they're still part of the tour. :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

phlibera wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
Haha... I'd give you 1% chance of that happening. I'd give you 0%, but that's not really a number. It's just 3 months since their last concert where Josh and Liam were still there so I think they're still part of the tour. :)

Interesting odds. There has been rumours that there will be no Josh. But thats probabley just internet talk.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

At one point the younger boys break out in a spontaneous imitation of the music of the dance of the sugar plum fairies with "do - do- do -do......." and Ben, I believe, barks out: "NO!" I'm not sure why - were the interviewers motioning him to join in or was he trying to pull the reigns in on the younger boys?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Has this been released yet? coz a blog said 4th Aug for Japan release. But not heard anything.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Referring to Amazon Japan, the CD is released and can be bought.

To hear something you have the 35 seconds sample on EMI site, including Libera,
and there is also another sample on Amazon JP site, but without any libera chorus on track 10. :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Referring to Amazon Japan, the CD is released and can be bought.

To hear something you have the 35 seconds sample on EMI site, including Libera,
and there is also another sample on Amazon JP site, but without any libera chorus on track 10. :)
so somebody must have it and they need to youtube it for the fans ;)
bar
Silver Member

Post by bar »

dani wrote:
phlibera wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

Interesting odds. There has been rumours that there will be no Josh. But thats probabley just internet talk.

Actually, my guess is just the reverse - I think Liam will be gone, but Josh will still be there.

For one thing, Josh's voice is breaking/broke at a much slower rate than Liam. I mean, Liam's voice is definitely broken now, but Josh's voice was still enough into Alto territory that he sang the solo on Time at a recent concert.

However, given the fan reaction, it may or may not make sense to have Josh stay longer after he can no longer sing Time. On the one hand, he's obviously got quite a chunk of the female audience going insane. And yet on the other hand, maybe Prizeman will let him go simply because of that. He may want to promote the younger boys as Libera, rather than clinging to old fans who are there simply because Josh is there. It's fantastic because, well, Josh is fantastic...yet it's slightly bad in the way that hundreds of unsettled fans asking the boys "Where's Tom?!" was slightly bad - the new boys just gave a mindblowing concert, yet all you have to say to them is "Where's Tom?"

I think in part it also largely depends on the boy's disposition. Given Tom's "legendary" status it would have been incredibly hard for him to stay super involved immediately following voice change. I think he'll probably come back after a while (ie. Ben Crawley) and become more involved, but I think right now is still to soon.

On the other hand, I can see Prizeman making an effort to keep Josh because he does bring in that larger audience. If RP spins it right, it would be a great asset to expose those fans to the newer generation of boys. That, and I think Josh would have an easier time than Tom dealing with staying with the group immediately after voice change. Partly because his voice broke/is breaking so much less suddenly than Tom, and also because he's (somewhat) less used to being constantly front and centre for years and years like Tom.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

bar wrote:
dani wrote:
phlibera wrote:
By the looks of his myspace Tom has simply outgrown Libera and thats the way it should be now he is 16. He may be in the adult choir ( i personally dont know) but he is trying to move his music career on.

Lets not forget 100's of boys have been in Libera and Sam, Steven and Ben i think are the only ones that still help out. Because for a lot of them its a fun hobby but when the voice breaks they move on. It will be interesting to see if any of this batch decide to continue to help out in the next few years.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

dani wrote:Lets not forget 100's of boys have been in Libera and Sam, Steven and Ben i think are the only ones that still help out.
Don't forget Callum. And I thought I saw in one of the older CD covers that Ian Tilley used to sing with Libera. Is that correct?
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

bar wrote:
dani wrote:
phlibera wrote: Haha... I'd give you 1% chance of that happening. I'd give you 0%, but that's not really a number. It's just 3 months since their last concert where Josh and Liam were still there so I think they're still part of the tour. :)

Actually, my guess is just the reverse - I think Liam will be gone, but Josh will still be there.

For one thing, Josh's voice is breaking/broke at a much slower rate than Liam. I mean, Liam's voice is definitely broken now, but Josh's voice was still enough into Alto territory that he sang the solo on Time at a recent concert.

However, given the fan reaction, it may or may not make sense to have Josh stay longer after he can no longer sing Time. On the one hand, he's obviously got quite a chunk of the female audience going insane. And yet on the other hand, maybe Prizeman will let him go simply because of that. He may want to promote the younger boys as Libera, rather than clinging to old fans who are there simply because Josh is there. It's fantastic because, well, Josh is fantastic...yet it's slightly bad in the way that hundreds of unsettled fans asking the boys "Where's Tom?!" was slightly bad - the new boys just gave a mindblowing concert, yet all you have to say to them is "Where's Tom?"

I think in part it also largely depends on the boy's disposition. Given Tom's "legendary" status it would have been incredibly hard for him to stay super involved immediately following voice change. I think he'll probably come back after a while (ie. Ben Crawley) and become more involved, but I think right now is still to soon.

On the other hand, I can see Prizeman making an effort to keep Josh because he does bring in that larger audience. If RP spins it right, it would be a great asset to expose those fans to the newer generation of boys. That, and I think Josh would have an easier time than Tom dealing with staying with the group immediately after voice change. Partly because his voice broke/is breaking so much less suddenly than Tom, and also because he's (somewhat) less used to being constantly front and centre for years and years like Tom.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
There's a video just posted of the Atlanta M&G. In it the man videotaping says to Josh, "Will you come back next year?" And Josh replies, "I'll be here" and smiles.

When he gets to Liam, Liam says, "I'm not going anywhere....Now I'm doing high tenor, and it's still loads of fun, and I'm NOT going anywhere. I'm staying right here where I am."

Isn't that awesome?! They must know they're staying or they wouldn't say that.
mqeric

Post by mqeric »

Lexi wrote:
dani wrote:Lets not forget 100's of boys have been in Libera and Sam, Steven and Ben i think are the only ones that still help out.
Don't forget Callum. And I thought I saw in one of the older CD covers that Ian Tilley used to sing with Libera. Is that correct?
I think (then)mini Ben mention in his speech during the Leiden concert DVD that Ian Tilley used to sing at the same place as them, and there is a very old video of Panis Angelicus by SPBC solo by Jaymi( I think) which I believe shows a young Ian as a chorister, at work now so no link, shouldn't be hard to find on Youtube though.
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

In this video "be stil my soul"you find Ian Tilley at 0:18
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Freak

Post by Freak »

Not being part of the group that do press interviews doesn't mean they're no longer part of the tour. It just means they're probably now stay at the back in a concert and no solos. We'll know for sure in the coming days.
Intteresting...!!!! :?