Libera go Nutcracking!

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Libera go Nutcracking!

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Interesting news released on EMI Japan website

Libera have teamed up with Simon Rattle and the award winning Berlin Philharmonic orchestra to record chorus for Tchaikovsky's famous ballet 'The Nutcracker'

Here's is the english translated version of the website for Libera's involvement in the nutcracker CLICK HERE

However to see the video you will have to open the original japanese version here --> http://www.emimusic.jp/classic/rattle/news/?rssno=67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and then click on the link to the video. It's the 3rd paragraph down and the first hyperlink you come to. It looks like this →リベラインタビュー映像を見る

The part of the nutcracker suite called 'snowflakes' is posted on youtube at " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and I imagine they sing the part which starts at 1:14 of this video.
Murkskis

Re: Libera go Nutcracking!

Post by Murkskis »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
However to see the video you will have to open the original japanese version here --> http://www.emimusic.jp/classic/rattle/news/?rssno=67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and then click on the link to the video. It's the 3rd paragraph down and the first hyperlink you come to. It looks like this →リベラインタビュー映像を見る
You just have to see the video - it's very interesting!
It seems to me that Kavana speaks most of the time so becoming the spokesperson :D
Mini Ben introduced himself as Ben this time. If I remember correctly he called himself Mini Ben at Arundel :wink:
So snowflakes could be a new hot topic this summer :lol:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you very much for the information Jimmy !! :D

I also noticed Mini-Ben introducting himself as Ben. A page is turning ;)

I succeed to download the video (26 MB, .asf format) and I have uploaded it.
Am I autorized to put the link here ?

Edit : looking forward on the japanese EMI site, there are some tracks to listen for 30 seconds, and by luck this includes the 10th track with de Libera chorus :)
I made a MP3 from it, but again I'm not sure I'm able to put the link here... :?
If a moderator can answer to me.... :wink:

(otherwise look on the french forum ;) )
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

It's awesome news for Libera definitely! The boys are really well spoken, and the last few bits of the video is hilarious! Oh yeah, fan_de_LoK, I think it's fine putting the link up.. but anyways it's only 2 clicks away from http://www.emimusic.jp/classic/rattle/d ... e90150.htm !
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Really nice interview and its really nice to see the boys taking on there new roles.

Ben's voice is deepening and not surprised he has dropped the " mini" from his name as at his age its quite demeaning . Also he did not join in on the singing the boys did. Just stood there like a proud older brother.

Kavanna just comes across as the sweetest kid. When you see him perform he is always so happy and animated and it turns out in interviews he is the same.

No Josh and Liam for the first time in years which speaks volumes. I am sure on youtube you will get a ton of complaints. Instead of moaning about Tom , it will now be Josh's turn.

ETA

What wonderful news and a wonderful new oppertunity for the boys.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you Xsakurax :)

here is the video of the interview (26 MB, asf format)
and here is the short sample audio file (35 seconds, 800 KB, MP3 format)
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

LOL on the "ballet... ballets... ballerinas" bit by Mini Ben. :)

And Mini James was pretty quite. Mini Ben was pretty restrained. :)

At the end, Ben says, "And we hope to see you soon." Well, speaking for the Asian fans, we hope to see you soon, too. :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes it was a nice interview. It looked unscripted and very relaxed, and they explained themselves very well. I agree that Kavana looks like he'll be the 'spokesboy' for next few years. Did you notice that Ralph said 'owch' to himself a few times when the word 'nutcracker' was mentioned :lol:
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

Really nice video! And yeah, I noticed that Josh and Liam were absent for the first time in years, but this is a time of change for Libera. I wonder if this means they have left the touring group?

It was quite encouraging to see Kavana speaking so much, and Ralph as well; even Daniel was quite vocal. Mini-James was adorable. And Ben--he was so much quieter than usual, more subdued and mature. His voice has deepened quite a bit too. All of them expressed themselves well, especially Kavana.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

plumpuff6 wrote:Really nice video! And yeah, I noticed that Josh and Liam were absent for the first time in years, but this is a time of change for Libera. I wonder if this means they have left the touring group?

It was quite encouraging to see Kavana speaking so much, and Ralph as well; even Daniel was quite vocal. Mini-James was adorable. And Ben--he was so much quieter than usual, more subdued and mature. His voice has deepened quite a bit too. All of them expressed themselves well, especially Kavana.
wow what a good news for libera umm i am a fan of te movie christmas one and i am happy excied for libera thats nice iam excied good video thanks so much
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

plumpuff6 wrote:I noticed that Josh and Liam were absent for the first time in years, but this is a time of change for Libera. I wonder if this means they have left the touring group?
Not being part of the group that do press interviews doesn't mean they're no longer part of the tour. It just means they're probably now stay at the back in a concert and no solos. We'll know for sure in the coming days.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yes it was a nice interview. It looked unscripted and very relaxed, and they explained themselves very well. I agree that Kavana looks like he'll be the 'spokesboy' for next few years. Did you notice that Ralph said 'owch' to himself a few times when the word 'nutcracker' was mentioned :lol:
Yeah, I noticed that 'owch', too :lol: . But I can't understand what it was supposed to mean ?
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Murkskis wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:Yes it was a nice interview. It looked unscripted and very relaxed, and they explained themselves very well. I agree that Kavana looks like he'll be the 'spokesboy' for next few years. Did you notice that Ralph said 'owch' to himself a few times when the word 'nutcracker' was mentioned :lol:
Yeah, I noticed that 'owch', too :lol: . But I can't understand what it was supposed to mean ?
I'll explain that to you in a private email. It has to do with a certain male part and its slang word in English. :D
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

phlibera wrote: Not being part of the group that do press interviews doesn't mean they're no longer part of the tour. It just means they're probably now stay at the back in a concert and no solos. We'll know for sure in the coming days.
I like a bet - what odds will you give me that Josh and Liam are not on tour :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote:
Murkskis wrote:
I'll explain that to you in a private email. It has to do with a certain male part and its slang word in English. :D
You guys are all nuts. It's Kavanna's laugh at about 3.30 cracks me up :lol:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love