Bought IT and OMG....... (New Dawn)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

tcliffy wrote:My family have thought that about me for a LONG time now :wink:
Same here. :P

I just ordered New Dawn, and it should arrive sometime from the beginning to middle of May. It's been so long since it's been out, but somehow, knowing that it's on its way makes it harder to wait.
I am insanely excited. :mrgreen:
Can't wait to hear all these new songs! I know the CD will be awesome.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You will not be disappointed either. New Dawn is a refreshing album that will blow you away when you hear the first few seconds of the first track and you will cry when you hear the rest of the tracks. Its a great album and definately a keeper and a must-have.
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

New Dawn came in yesterday!
I was not expecting it to come in that early at all.
I screamed so loudly when I got it out of the mailbox that my family was worried that the neighbors would think I had been shot.
I was drowning in bliss listening to it. It's a wonderful album. I came close to crying several times, especially during Rest in Peace.
All the songs on this CD are beautiful. I can't stop listening to it. I know I will never tire of it, either.

Libera is incredible.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:D Glad your CD came in and I am glad you are enjoying it. I reacted the same way when my copy arrived and listened to it over and over again that same night all night long, I even fell asleep to it and woke up to it the next morning. This may be the greatest album yet released by Libera.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

admittedly it is a very good cd and I too have been listening to it over and over. BUT, to be honest, I think the older cd's are better and the reason is is that the songs on the older cd's are what made Libera distinguished. I mean, every choral group I've ever heard has sung Orinoco Flow, but Libera are the only one's that have sung Going Home, Adoramus, etc.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

don't get me wrong though, I LOVE the new cd. It truly is a work of magnificence.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

I agree with Quinnsome; there is something very special, mystical and soothing about 'Rest In Peace' and it has become one of my favorite songs on the new CD. I think the boys performed it during there US tour?? not absolutley sure though....
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I wish to formally renounce my previous claim. I can't stop listening to the new cd. I love it. Can't put it down.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Did you know that "Secret" was originally a romantic French poem written in the 19th century? it was subsequently turned into a romantic (French) song about forbidden love. Sung by Libera though it takes on a somewhat different meaning, perhaps more puppy love-ish.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing it Tully. You got to hand it tothe French, they are probably the King/Queen of romance.
KP

Post by KP »

Hey, how have I not noticed this post until now? Daft me!
I got my New Dawn CD a little over a week ago and I love it!!!
It's one of my favorites CDs ever! I'm not going to say my absolute favorite, because how can you compare? Songs I particularly like... Liam in Sancte, Tom's Ave Maria, Whoever sings the turn it up, turn it up part in Orinoco Flow (is it Josh?) and Tom's solo in Rest in Peace, then there's the eerie melody of The Lamb, the upbeat chorus of Never be Alone, and the gorgeous intertwining harmonies of Air. I love Secret and Love and Mercy- have I covered all of them? :wink:
krishna mie
Silver Member

Post by krishna mie »

:( i envy you all. we do not have available CD's of libera in our stores here. i read in one thread that the EMI in every country decides for the production. i'm still asking one of my friends to help me in purcahsing their cd's... o well, i think downdloaded songs would do for now

8)
if you want to know about virtue, look for a virtuous man!!!