All tracks of Peace on Amazon

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

dani wrote:I still think it has been a stupid move as part of selling any album is hype so they killed all hype by putting it up nearly 2 weeks before release and
if you want to sell more albums and so on then put up an old album to listen to, dont put up a brand new album that has yet to be released .

I can not believe team Libera thought this was a good idea as its a stupid stunt that will more than likely cost them sales in the long term, it is a proven fact that some people no matter what will not download an album for £12 when you can rip it for free, does not matter how much you like it. After all free is free hence the mess the music industry"sp" is now in due to people downloading.

Alot of times, the artist does not have any control on advertising and promotion. Chances are, Libera management had no say at all on how EMI is doing the promotion.
It is a rare thing when the artist can put their foot down, so to speak, and get what they want. A recent example of that is of TSO. Their new album, Night Castle is a double cd and is only priced at $8.00 American. That is because their producer and founder, Paul O'Neill, did put his foot down and insist on a very low price so that anyone, no matter what their money situation, could afford the cd.

For the record, even though I can get the new cd burned for me by several different people, I will buy it because the boys need to be paid for their work. It is that simple. If you burn or rip the cd, they do not get paid for their hard work. I would dare anyone who rips the music from online to look Kavana right in the face and tell him that the choir did not get paid for a cd.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

But thats the thing with Libera is the boys dont get paid , that does not wash with me as they get £250 each for cutting the cd and thats it , so they could sell a million copies and they still wont see a penny of it. So by downloading it for free i dont cost the boys a penny as it does not line there pockets.

I am a diehard fan so i will buy it but dont kid yourself that any of the profit from this cd goes to them as it simply does not.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

dani wrote:But thats the thing with Libera is the boys dont get paid , that does not wash with me as they get £250 each for cutting the cd and thats it , so they could sell a million copies and they still wont see a penny of it. So by downloading it for free i dont cost the boys a penny as it does not line there pockets.

I am a diehard fan so i will buy it but dont kid yourself that any of the profit from this cd goes to them as it simply does not.

Which of course doesn't fly in America!....even though i think some of the American Boy choirs(in general) are in the same boat :(
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

The bottom line is that, the boys are not singing for money, whether it's a penny or a buck.

I don't know how the regulations work in the UK, but in America, there is a law of nondistribution constraint. It states that the nonprofit organizations are prohibited from distributing their net earnings to those in control of the corporations. NPOs also cannot have shareholders or owners. However, they are exempted from federal income tax and many are also exempted from local and regional taxes.

I'm sure RP and other composers get their deserved share as music is intellectual property, but I believe that Libera's whatever financial surpluses go to the music education for the choir and whatever necessities. If you wanna pay them whatever amount you wanna give them for singing, donate.

I'm buying the CD because that's the right thing to do as a fan.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I don't doubt that all of us who contribute to this forum will buy the album - we're just those kind of people.

Dani raised an interesting point about the money the boys receive - that was probably drawn up many years ago when the £ was worth more and the sales were less. I wonder if they will change that as their fame and sales grow?

As DM said though, the money in the form of 'profit' is used in many ways, not least to help pay for the cost of tours (which is the boys real reward). Without the money in the bank we just wouldn't get to see them very often (less often!). The way charities/not for profit companies work in the UK is pretty much the same as it is in the States by the way.

Also, we don't know how much work goes on that we don't see - how many of the boys who come to choir practice ever make it in to the choir - do they work with other disadvantaged kids in the diocese? Do they put on trips/events on behalf of the church? They need to pay the rent for the rooms they practice in, etc.

Have no fear, the money will not be 'stolen' from the boys, it will be used for the betterment of singing and the young people in and around St P's. But every album ripped for 'free' is stealing from Libera directly and that's why I think putting the full album out there is a mad move by EMI.

By the way, I cancelled my Japanese CD - it was getting to £40 with the dropping exchange rate and having the full album to listen to in the mean time meant I just couldn't justify the cost. I'll buy mine on Monday

:D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

This has got to be the worst album launch ever!!

Seems the album is now not out in Japan till the 10th , the day before launch and its pushed back ! Why ?
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

dani wrote:This has got to be the worst album launch ever!!

Seems the album is now not out in Japan till the 10th , the day before launch and its pushed back ! Why ?
Funny thing is that Amazon Japan has not changed the release date of the album.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

lacrymosa2 wrote:
dani wrote:This has got to be the worst album launch ever!!

Funny thing is that Amazon Japan has not changed the release date of the album.
That is odd as somebody posted in Japan it was not in the shops till the 10th , and its very odd that Amazon japan has not shipped any albums yet and they normally ship a few days before so you get it on launch date otherwise people would just buy it in store on the day of release.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Release dates have been pushed back before now, but I kind of agree about the way the CD release has been somewhat devalued by an organisation that would probably fail to get a gathering drunk in reputable drinking establishment what's that?

I enjoyed the video release of TIME, no arguments about that, but the absence of a traditional promo video, and full tracks available on Amazon.com but only small preview clips available on Amazon.co.uk??

I'm happy I haven't heard all the tracks in full, which will at least give me half the CD to enjoy when it arrives next week. It is a little disappointing that I will be playing catch-up when I shouldn't be.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

dani wrote:That is odd as somebody posted in Japan it was not in the shops till the 10th
Are you refering to my post ?
I'm not sure of the translation...

But as on EMI Japan site it's now written in bold : 10 March 2010, I'm pessimist... Maybe Amazon UK will release the CD before Amazon Japan now... :?
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Yorkie wrote:I don't doubt that all of us who contribute to this forum will buy the album - we're just those kind of people.

Dani raised an interesting point about the money the boys receive - that was probably drawn up many years ago when the £ was worth more and the sales were less. I wonder if they will change that as their fame and sales grow?

As DM said though, the money in the form of 'profit' is used in many ways, not least to help pay for the cost of tours (which is the boys real reward). Without the money in the bank we just wouldn't get to see them very often (less often!). The way charities/not for profit companies work in the UK is pretty much the same as it is in the States by the way.

Also, we don't know how much work goes on that we don't see - how many of the boys who come to choir practice ever make it in to the choir - do they work with other disadvantaged kids in the diocese? Do they put on trips/events on behalf of the church? They need to pay the rent for the rooms they practice in, etc.

Have no fear, the money will not be 'stolen' from the boys, it will be used for the betterment of singing and the young people in and around St P's. But every album ripped for 'free' is stealing from Libera directly and that's why I think putting the full album out there is a mad move by EMI.

By the way, I cancelled my Japanese CD - it was getting to £40 with the dropping exchange rate and having the full album to listen to in the mean time meant I just couldn't justify the cost. I'll buy mine on Monday

:D
I wish though they got something, like money towards college or something like that. But I agree, ripping any part of the album is stealing from Libera and they don't deserve that at all.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Its the fact its been pushed back the day before its release date in Japan. Now thats beyond a joke.

Lets not fotget it was the 8th here in the U,K and then pushed forward then went back to orignal date .

Then the fact the whole album is online already.

Oh and 6 tracks we could download for free before the whole album was leaked weeks before its release.

Time was a great video but was put up way to early to have a huge impact on sales of the album.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

dani wrote:Its the fact its been pushed back the day before its release date in Japan. Now thats beyond a joke.

Lets not fotget it was the 8th here in the U,K and then pushed forward then went back to orignal date .

Then the fact the whole album is online already.

Oh and 6 tracks we could download for free before the whole album was leaked weeks before its release.

Time was a great video but was put up way to early to have a huge impact on sales of the album.

I'm seriously wondering what EMI is trying to pull!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

For sure I will drop my Japanese order if the CD is going to be sent only for 10th March ! :roll:

What are you doing EMI ?? :?
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

fan_de_LoK wrote:For sure I will drop my Japanese order if the CD is going to be sent only for 10th March ! :roll:

What are you doing EMI ?? :?
I also canceled my pre-order from Amazon UK. Not worth paying all the shipping cost when the album is available online. I'll wait till the US release in April and get it from Amazon US.

I guess this proves that EMI is going down for a reason :p
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;