All tracks of Peace on Amazon

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

paopao

Post by paopao »

Ah, i get it now.. Instead of focusing on sales, Libera actually need the exposure for the album. The more accessible the album (people could listen full tracks), the more exposure Libera gets so people could easily decide whether they like the music or not, that way people (newbies) would at least know Libera's music..and if they like it, word of mouth would spread quickly. That's apparently Libera's main concern, to get as many people as possible to try their music first.
JoelinMkt
Silver Member

Post by JoelinMkt »

I know that Libera has been trying to evolve out of the classic choral/classic crossover genre into a more mainstream market and I am glad that they have both a fan base and an expanding legion of listeners.

I am not sure however about what EMI was thinking. One or two tracks to pique curiosity is understandable but releasing the whole album in full length, high bit rate, capture capable format as part of a marketing effort - well the merits of that one are a little lost on me.

It's nice to know that Libera puts alot of faith in its support base - faith consummate to the faith we put in their music. Now that we have heard all the tracks and have more or less dissected them to find what we each like, we should all stil go out and own at least one copy of the album whether or not we have digital captures of the streams.

Besides, why would anyone of us want to steal from someone that looks like this...

Keep them smiling (and singing)...
"I am not hopeless. It's just, I'm not very good" - Michael Horncastle
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

JoelinMkt wrote:I know that Libera has been trying to evolve out of the classic choral/classic crossover genre into a more mainstream market and I am glad that they have both a fan base and an expanding legion of listeners.

I am not sure however about what EMI was thinking. One or two tracks to pique curiosity is understandable but releasing the whole album in full length, high bit rate, capture capable format as part of a marketing effort - well the merits of that one are a little lost on me.

It's nice to know that Libera puts alot of faith in its support base - faith consummate to the faith we put in their music. Now that we have heard all the tracks and have more or less dissected them to find what we each like, we should all stil go out and own at least one copy of the album whether or not we have digital captures of the streams.

Besides, why would anyone of us want to steal from someone that looks like this...

I have the impression that Kavana and James are really close friends, as evidenced by the picture above and others.
bar
Silver Member

Post by bar »

lacrymosa2 wrote:
JoelinMkt wrote:I know that Libera has been trying to evolve out of the classic choral/classic crossover genre into a more mainstream market and I am glad that they have both a fan base and an expanding legion of listeners.

I have the impression that Kavana and James are really close friends, as evidenced by the picture above and others.

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. Some of the pictures of their Korea tour show them sitting together on the bus, at meals, etc. I can't remember which interview this was in, but big Ben mentioned how one of the ways Libera differed from other traditional boy choirs was their excellent relationships with each other.

I've also noticed Josh and Tom hanging out together quite a lot. I think that's great they enjoy each other's company in addition to making beautiful music.
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

bar wrote:Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. Some of the pictures of their Korea tour show them sitting together on the bus, at meals, etc.
I think you meant the Philippines. Kavana and mini James and many other younger boys will be visiting Korea for the first time in April :)
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

bar wrote:
lacrymosa2 wrote:

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. Some of the pictures of their Korea tour show them sitting together on the bus, at meals, etc. I can't remember which interview this was in, but big Ben mentioned how one of the ways Libera differed from other traditional boy choirs was their excellent relationships with each other.

I've also noticed Josh and Tom hanging out together quite a lot. I think that's great they enjoy each other's company in addition to making beautiful music.

It seems like the main buddies are normally those who are similar ages and within like 5 months apart or less. Kavana and James M. are the same age and born the same month(may have found a connection there and went from there thats how my best friend and I started(oddly enough we're both december babies as well O.O))....Tom and Josh were big buddies, and they're only 3 months apart, Ed and Joe S.(when he was in Libera, but hey they could still be hanging out) are not that far apart. I think you can kinda add Liam with Tom and Josh, not sure about Sam(you would think he would be closer with Tom, Josh and Liam, could be and we just don't see it.) ......as a matter of fact, besides his brother, who DOES Sam tend to stick closer to? And Ben, and Jon etc....

Of course they get along and hang out with EVERYONE at rehearsals at least, but everyone must migrate to one or two(probs 1 cuz of the whole psychological feeling abandoned as the 3rd wheel thing....sry psychology and sociology classes are kicking in :oops: )....But I never see Sam, Jon and Ben migrate toward certain people, or even each other.....unless i'm missing something....

But it is great that they can enjoy each others company and not be at ODDS thats what makes Libera so strong, thats what makes ANY group strong.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Tom and Mini-Ben appear to be quite good friends, as they are often together in videos aswell. I think Daniel and Ed are also friends. You are right though, Sam and Liam don't seem to gravitate to anybody in particular... Except for maybe each other. :lol:
JoelinMkt
Silver Member

Post by JoelinMkt »

The older ones have travelled all over the place together several times and those bonds tend to show BTS.

I think Kav and James M are really close friends because in most of the BTS pics and vids from their Philippine tour, all you need to do to find one is locate the other. If they didn't have assigned positions on the risers, they'd probably sing beside each other.
"I am not hopeless. It's just, I'm not very good" - Michael Horncastle
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I still think it has been a stupid move as part of selling any album is hype so they killed all hype by putting it up nearly 2 weeks before release and
if you want to sell more albums and so on then put up an old album to listen to, dont put up a brand new album that has yet to be released .

I can not believe team Libera thought this was a good idea as its a stupid stunt that will more than likely cost them sales in the long term, it is a proven fact that some people no matter what will not download an album for £12 when you can rip it for free, does not matter how much you like it. After all free is free hence the mess the music industry"sp" is now in due to people downloading.
Last edited by dani on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:I still think it has been a stupid news as part of selling the album is also about hype so they killed all hype by putting it up nearly 2 weeks before release and

if you want to sell more albums and so on then put on an old album to listen to, dont put up a brand new album that has yet to be released yet. I can not believe team Libera thought this was a good idea as its a stupid stunt that will more than likely cost them sales in the long term, it is a proven fact that some people no matter what will not download an album for £12 when you can rip it for free, does not matter how much you like it. After all free is free hence the mess the music industry"sp" is now in due to people downloading.
^What dani said^ - twice in one night I've agreed with you dani :shock:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

^What dani said^ - twice in one night I've agreed with you dani :shock:

What is the world coming to ;)

I can not believe they didnt think of sticking up Eternal or Angel voices, its all the same type of music, you either like it or you dont :roll:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Amazon.com have fixed the track listing problem , they have now taken down Lullaby and got all the tracks in the right order. Only took 6 days.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

dani wrote:Amazon.com have fixed the track listing problem , they have now taken down Lullaby and got all the tracks in the right order. Only took 6 days.

Thats good at least, and Dani i quite agree it was a bad PR move, they really should have put up Eternal(or Angel Voices since it's only one disc)
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

I think that picture will convince anybody to do the right thing.
:D :D :D :D ! True angels from heaven.
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

irishoreo wrote:It seems like the main buddies are normally those who are similar ages and within like 5 months apart or less. Kavana and James M. are the same age and born the same month(may have found a connection there and went from there thats how my best friend and I started(oddly enough we're both december babies as well O.O))....Tom and Josh were big buddies, and they're only 3 months apart, Ed and Joe S.(when he was in Libera, but hey they could still be hanging out) are not that far apart. I think you can kinda add Liam with Tom and Josh, not sure about Sam(you would think he would be closer with Tom, Josh and Liam, could be and we just don't see it.) ......as a matter of fact, besides his brother, who DOES Sam tend to stick closer to? And Ben, and Jon etc....

Of course they get along and hang out with EVERYONE at rehearsals at least, but everyone must migrate to one or two(probs 1 cuz of the whole psychological feeling abandoned as the 3rd wheel thing....sry psychology and sociology classes are kicking in :oops: )....But I never see Sam, Jon and Ben migrate toward certain people, or even each other.....unless i'm missing something....

But it is great that they can enjoy each others company and not be at ODDS thats what makes Libera so strong, thats what makes ANY group strong.
I noticed in the MnG in Manila that Tom and Mini Ben are really close. After Josh's speech, Josh waited up for Tom so that he, Mini Ben, Liam and Tom could go to the restroom together. So I guess the 4 of them are really close. Sam on the other hand is with Alex and Jon B. And James T. and Flynn seemed to be really close too. :)