Philippines release of New Dawn

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:I have received my New Dawn-Bayan Ko CD today ! :)

The sound of Bayan Ko is clearer and richer than on the video of the concert, but this have not changed very much my appreciation on the song, I don't very like it very much, I'm not going to hear it often.

I have bought this CD because till now I hadn't New Dawn, so it was a good reason to buy this particular version, but for someone from Europe or USA that have already New Damn, I'm not sure it's justified to buy this CD from Philippin, the shipment price is too high...
Thanks for the news, like you i am not a fan of the song. Does not appeal to me in the slightest at all.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It will obviously mean more to the Filipino's for the history behind the song, but I enjoy their live performance of it, because it demonstrates to the passing browser, just how vocally on the ball they are as a group. That would have been an incredible live performance by any standard, but for it to be achieved by youngsters like Libera just underlines who well they are directed.

I would buy the song from Itunes for a squid, but like other's I'm not going to buy New Dawn CD again just for this additional one song.

I hope sometime in the future they cover the folk songs of the British Isle. That would be something with their unique arrangements.

For now though, it's roll on March.... :)
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

What I like about the live performance of the song is the audience reactions to it. What a show of Patriotism. Similar to what they would get in the US if they did America The Beautiful, or in Canada if they did O Canada.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

TEB wrote:What I like about the live performance of the song is the audience reactions to it. What a show of Patriotism. Similar to what they would get in the US if they did America The Beautiful, or in Canada if they did O Canada.
A lot of people got annoyed because of the applause, but I guess, one could never explain the feeling that was felt by the Filipinos when we heard it. hahahah

I think other fans wouldn't be thrilled to but the album just for Bayan Ko as it's not a song that would stick to your mind specially if you don't speak the language. But I think the simplicity of the harmony makes it really good. I especially like the grandioso part towards the end of chorus.
Syafiqah

Post by Syafiqah »

chix wrote: I think other fans wouldn't be thrilled to but the album just for Bayan Ko as it's not a song that would stick to your mind specially if you don't speak the language. But I think the simplicity of the harmony makes it really good. I especially like the grandioso part towards the end of chorus.
That's not true. I practically had the song on replay and memorised, just like all the other songs (Latin/English) and I even checked websites for lyrics and all. I'm not a Filipino and I really think that Bayan Ko was superbly done :)But then again, Libera is so talented, all their songs are actually precious and just amazing.

I hope Libera will include Bayan Ko in the new album, that'll be soooooo awesome ;D
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

I mean most people who don't speak the language. heheh I know you liked it. :)
Syafiqah

Post by Syafiqah »

chix wrote:I mean most people who don't speak the language. heheh I know you liked it. :)
I guess I'm one of the minorities LOL since I don't speak Tagalog too :D. Haha, yes, of course I liked it. Ben totally nailed the song, seriously. I hope he gets lots of solos in the new album, I'm starting to be a fan of his voice! Why can't March come quick already.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Syafiqah wrote: That's not true. I practically had the song on replay and memorised, just like all the other songs (Latin/English) and I even checked websites for lyrics and all. I'm not a Filipino and I really think that Bayan Ko was superbly done :)But then again, Libera is so talented, all their songs are actually precious and just amazing.

I hope Libera will include Bayan Ko in the new album, that'll be soooooo awesome ;D
That's nice to hear. :D As for me, I also really like Sakura even though I don't understand/memorize the words.

The funny thing with the album release of Bayan Ko is that when I listen to the song, I still imagine the applause from the live concert.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

To anyone that have never heard the studio version of Bayan Ko, here a link to hear it :)

http://www.deezer.com/listen-5362490

It's on Deezer.com, it's legal streaming, no download possible.
Artistes are payed (a very little) each time a song is played).

Some other Libera albums can also be heard there :
http://www.deezer.com/fr/music/libera#music/libera
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

fan_de_LoK wrote:To anyone that have never heard the studio version of Bayan Ko, here a link to hear it :)

http://www.deezer.com/listen-5362490

It's on Deezer.com, it's legal streaming, no download possible.
Artistes are payed (a very little) each time a song is played).

Some other Libera albums can also be heard there :
http://www.deezer.com/fr/music/libera#music/libera
Go figure...You can't access it in the USA -_-
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Arfff, sorry for the disappointment :(
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Arfff, sorry for the disappointment :(

Not your fault :)
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Cant listen in the UK either - sad times!
Danie :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Might I suggest using a proxy server? Search on google for free proxy server and find one that operates in the country that the website is in. That should work.

I note it is on UK Itunes to purchase for £0.99.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Yorkie wrote:Might I suggest using a proxy server? Search on google for free proxy server and find one that operates in the country that the website is in. That should work.

I note it is on UK Itunes to purchase for £0.99.
Hum i'll give that a try, thanks yorkie.