Philippines release of New Dawn

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Moppi wrote:
Nikki178 wrote: I guess because reproducing the [practically] same album and creating an entirely different cover for it wastes too much money. Anyway, as mentioned, Libera's releasing a new album in a few months. People can look at that instead. :D I'm really excited about the next album... I really hope they release it in the Philippines.
I dunno if designing an inside leaflet costs a lot but as if they're going to print millions of it if it's going to be for the Philippines only. I mean, Eternal's CD only had like 4 pages on the leaflet (dunno if that's the same for the other releases)/

And it also would've been a bonus for the collectors though if they went for a new look for the PH exclusive release. :P

Hate to burst your bubble but there is noway they will have printed a million copies of this album, they probs did a run of about 1`500 at best.

From chatting to people in Cuba most of there shops held about 2-4 copies max.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

To the other Filipino posters in this forum who went to the concert, is it just me or do they sound less 'slang' on their d's and t's, in the CD version of Bayan Ko, especially in the chorus?

I got my copy today and it seems that way to me.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

JoelinMkt
Silver Member

Post by JoelinMkt »

dani wrote: Hate to burst your bubble but there is noway they will have printed a million copies of this album, they probs did a run of about 1`500 at best.

From chatting to people in Cuba most of there shops held about 2-4 copies max.
Apart from this, the Philippines are a new market for them and for all intents and purposes, the interest is concentrated in the vicinities of Metro Manila and Metro Cebu. I think it a fair "guesstimate" that the Manila release was a very limited run specifically measured against how well Eternal and the Leiden Concert DVD sold in the weeks immediately prior to and after the concert. The turn over of this release will probably be the basis for how many copies of their new album to release in the Philippines this March.

I am not putting down my fellow Filipinos that are supporters of Libera nor am I saying that the adulation after the November tour will be fleeting. We just need to face the reality that unlike Japan, there is no consistent marketing effort to keep Libera in the public eye. It's all up to us in the support base to, by word of mouth and FB or SMS, make Libera fans of more Filipinos.
"I am not hopeless. It's just, I'm not very good" - Michael Horncastle
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

carina_gino20 wrote:To the other Filipino posters in this forum who went to the concert, is it just me or do they sound less 'slang' on their d's and t's, in the CD version of Bayan Ko, especially in the chorus?

Is that good? I read it as good but not 100% sure you mean that. I would guess that RP strives for perfection - if somebody commented to him on the pronunciation I'm sure they would have worked on it before cutting the track
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Yorkie wrote: Is that good? I read it as good but not 100% sure you mean that. I would guess that RP strives for perfection - if somebody commented to him on the pronunciation I'm sure they would have worked on it before cutting the track
It is good. :D

Actually, the live performance was already very very good considering they are foreigners. The only lapse I noticed was that some of their d's and t's sounded a bit slang. The rest was pretty good and that's another reason why we loved it so much.

It's just that I think in the cd, the slang in the d's and t's is less pronounced . :D

The funny thing listening to the CD version is, I still imagine the claps the exact moments that they happen during the concert.

It really is the best rendition of the song that I've ever heard. Wonderful arrangement by RP. And although you can it is not very audible, the lower parts sound very lovely!

Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Both versions are great. :) Though, is it just me or did Mini-Ben pronounce "nahalina" as "nihalina" in the CD version? That was so cute! :) seriously! :) hahaha!
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

I might have missed it in a previous post, but how do you get a copy of this version of New Dawn?
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

jesuspeace34 wrote:I might have missed it in a previous post, but how do you get a copy of this version of New Dawn?
It's a special release in the Philippines. My sister bought it for me from SM North in Manila.

Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

Yorkie wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote:To the other Filipino posters in this forum who went to the concert, is it just me or do they sound less 'slang' on their d's and t's, in the CD version of Bayan Ko, especially in the chorus?

Is that good? I read it as good but not 100% sure you mean that. I would guess that RP strives for perfection - if somebody commented to him on the pronunciation I'm sure they would have worked on it before cutting the track
Not really perfectionists but some find it funny (the slang). Which is actually quite ironic coz we are also known to butcher the English language ourselves. Ironic no?

Anyway, other than Astroplus i've seen the album in Odyssey Virra Mall. I don't know if the other Odyssey stores would follow.
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

carina_gino20 wrote:
It's a special release in the Philippines. My sister bought it for me from SM North in Manila.
Thanks. I was hoping that it was sold on Amazon or something like that.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Moppi wrote: Which is actually quite ironic coz we are also known to butcher the English language ourselves. Ironic no?
Yeah, though not as much as in other countries. :lol: Still, we're our harshest critics when it comes to English spelling, grammar and pronunciation.

Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

carina_gino20 wrote:
Moppi wrote: Which is actually quite ironic coz we are also known to butcher the English language ourselves. Ironic no?
Yeah, though not as much as in other countries. :lol: Still, we're our harshest critics when it comes to English spelling, grammar and pronunciation.
So true... still everybody was blown away by the "Bayan Ko" performance during the concert since they pronounced everything right but some words came out with a "slang." But still, much better than most who attempt to sing in a language other than their own. :D
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

Nikki178 wrote:
So true... still everybody was blown away by the "Bayan Ko" performance during the concert since they pronounced everything right but some words came out with a "slang." But still, much better than most who attempt to sing in a language other than their own. :D
I commend mini Ben though for learning the song in quite a short time. I don't know when the piece was given to Libera and stuff but listening to the video that got posted on the official Libera Youtube it was really well done for a completely foreign person to do.
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

To fans in Davao: I found New Dawn at Odyssey in SM Davao. I didn't check Astrovision but I assume they also have it there.

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I have received my New Dawn-Bayan Ko CD today ! :)

The sound of Bayan Ko is clearer and richer than on the video of the concert, but this have not changed very much my appreciation on the song, I don't very like it very much, I'm not going to hear it often.

I have bought this CD because till now I hadn't New Dawn, so it was a good reason to buy this particular version, but for someone from Europe or USA that have already New Damn, I'm not sure it's justified to buy this CD from Philippin, the shipment price is too high...