The Moon Represents My Heart - Single

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

The Moon Represents My Heart - Single

Post by Surpinto »

Per Yuki and Jimmy Riddle on Twitter a new single will be released in just a few days (October 20) :D titled "The Moon Represents My Heart". This is very exciting because this is a song that they previously sang while in Taiwan during their 2013 tour there. It was highly anticipated by fans but was never released at that time apparently because it ran into copyright issues (you can see some of the discussion of this matter on page two of this Libera Dreams thread).

The big question now is whether they are releasing a new recording or are bringing back the old recording. If it is the old recording then it will be Michael Ustynovych-Repa as the soloist. If not, then it could be just about anyone. Any guesses? :D

Here are two videos from that time period concerning the song and its production.

dani
Diamond Member

Re: The Moon Represents My Heart - Single

Post by dani »

What wonderful news :mrgreen:

It will have to be a new recording, I can not imagine it being the Michael version as it’s been 4 years. Looking at the short clip Isaac is the only remaining member from that video 4 years ago as well.

Doesn’t time fly when looking back at old videos.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

While finding the iTunes link for the single, I also found that the All-American Boys Choir released a single of the same song on iTunes on September 22. I don't know much about the group, but they are based in the Los Angeles metro area. I suppose that someone (but not me) could compare the two versions if they don't mind spending money on a second download.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

dani wrote:It will have to be a new recording, I can not imagine it being the Michael version as it’s been 4 years.
On my side I'm 95% sure it's the record from 2013 :)

What would be the point to redo the record of a song while a record already exists and is ready to be used ?

Recording a song for selling it as digital file or physical CD requires time and work. Boys to have at the studio, musicians for the music, technicals for mixing, and many things.
Why bother everyone to redo all this, if a file from 4 years ago is already finalized and immediately available ?

In addition, from the short sample that can be heard from Amazon, the sound quality, the instruments, the voices, seem to me to be extremely similar with the 2013 videos, to say the least.
When you compare the sample from Amazon and the 2013's video, do you hear a difference ?
enjaysea

Post by enjaysea »

I listened to the All-American Boys Choir version of the song. Their arrangement is very drab, diluting all that was beautiful and emotional in the song.

I'm sure that the new Libera version (assuming it's a new recording) will continue to capture the essence of the composition, as did their earlier version.
Last edited by enjaysea on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ste1701fan

Post by ste1701fan »

Really nice song, wish they would have an english version too.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 pm">6 years ago</span>
dani wrote:It will have to be a new recording, I can not imagine it being the Michael version as it’s been 4 years.
On my side I'm 95% sure it's the record from 2013 :)

What would be the point to redo the record of a song while a record already exists and is ready to be used ?

Recording a song for selling it as digital file or physical CD requires time and work. Boys to have at the studio, musicians for the music, technicals for mixing, and many things.
Why bother everyone to redo all this, if a file from 4 years ago is already finalized and immediately available ?

In addition, from the short sample that can be heard from Amazon, the sound quality, the instruments, the voices, seem to me to be extremely similar with the 2013 videos, to say the least.
When you compare the sample from Amazon and the 2013's video, do you hear a difference ?

Ooh let’s see who will be right as I am positive it will be a new recording ;)

No point in them releasing a song from 2013 when next week it will be the new batch of boys singing it.

And we have seen from Songs of Praise special years ago that Robert has a studio so it wouldn’t take very long to lay down a track.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

What about an intermediate solution?
I mean to Keep the song from 2013 and simply re-record the final solo a cappella with the new soloist, and mix both? hmmm, no, I do not believe in it.

It's pointless to want to have the exact same voice on stage and on the commercial CD.
Nobody, except a few crazy people who frequent this forum, would be able to detect the different, and even so it would not matter at all of course.

The idea of using a recording made a few years ago may seems odd to you, but it would not be anything extraordinary. Let's remember that Mark McKenzie had spoken on his Facebook about the recording done of an extended version of Benedictus Deus, several years before it was produced on a CD :wink:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

My instincts tell me that it is likely to be a new recording, but the arguments for it being the 2013 version are very compelling.

I can't wait to hear it either way.

Libera has now put out an official announcement of this on Twitter, Instagram, and their website. The website has links to purchase the music.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I wish we would have both of them :o :o :o Old record and new one ! I've been really sad when Michael left he was so adorable...
chris17

Post by chris17 »

This is fantastic news! :D I loved the clips of the song but I never thought I'd hear the whole thing. I wonder if there's a chance the music video they filmed will ever be released as well, if they've worked out the copyright issues.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

I also think it will be a new one, not the one with Michael UR. But Patrick was on point there, so now I'm kind of confused... :?
But nah, I'll still go with my first guess that it's sung by a recent batch. :P
chris17 wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:28 am">6 years ago</span> I wonder if there's a chance the music video they filmed will ever be released as well, if they've worked out the copyright issues.
I am wondering that myself too, but I don't know anymore - they've done 'America the Beautiful', published a live record for 'Danny Boy' & 'Bayan Ko', but nothing (yet, hopefully) for 'Arirang' & also 'Ponyo' (how I wish to have a recording of this one!) :wink:

P/S: How I wish they'd sing anything in Vietnamese... :idea:
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It's a tricky one because from short sample available they do sound remarkably similar. I'll edge my bets on a new recording. I detect less 'tingly' bits on the sample than the 2013 version, although this could easily be modified in the mastering studio. If it was last year I would say same version, but 4 years is a long time in the 'libera' world and with the tour in also on the agenda I think they would have rehearsed this for 'encore' and recorded it. Invisible Hands may be quicker to the call than Warner was.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:18 pm">6 years ago</span> What about an intermediate solution?
I mean to Keep the song from 2013 and simply re-record the final solo a cappella with the new soloist, and mix both? hmmm, no, I do not believe in it.

It's pointless to want to have the exact same voice on stage and on the commercial CD.
Nobody, except a few crazy people who frequent this forum, would be able to detect the different, and even so it would not matter at all of course.

The idea of using a recording made a few years ago may seems odd to you, but it would not be anything extraordinary. Let's remember that Mark McKenzie had spoken on his Facebook about the recording done of an extended version of Benedictus Deus, several years before it was produced on a CD :wink:
It’s our tomorrow so we shall soon know who is right.

I think a new recording with maybe Taichi on the final solo
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:47 pm">6 years ago</span>
I think a new recording with maybe Taichi on the final solo
Go on then, i'll go for new version with Rocco on closing solo (if there is one)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez