New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by filiarheni »

:D Update: Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day, I will Touch The Sky and see A New Heaven! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue May 30, 2017 11:52 am">6 years ago</span> Hm, and concerning my actual focus and mood on my personal day 19:
I continue to feel Hope inside, but am still watching it From A Distance, yet trying to keep my Smile. And feeling a need to shout: "Venite"! :!: :wink:
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue May 30, 2017 8:01 pm">6 years ago</span> :D Update: Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day, I will Touch The Sky and see A New Heaven! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When it arrives you will have to post photos as well as a review.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue May 30, 2017 10:32 pm">6 years ago</span> When it arrives you will have to post photos as well as a review.
Both agreed, and afterwards, I will listen to the album. :lol:
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, my CD finally arrived late this afternoon from far away, so now I can rest in peace.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

@bachmahlerfan, great. :wink: Well, this very Morning Has Broken and today at work, I will be Dreaming Of Home all the time, until I finally get Home and can hear that Something Sings. I'd rather take the Wings Of A Dove than my car, because it's faster.
The way of delivering the album will stay a Mysterium to me, big chaos and wrong information repeatedly, and the whereabouts of the UK album is still a Secret to me. But, How Can I Keep From Singing now? Thanks to everybody, You Were There for me and offered relief during the waiting Time, and I saw that You'll Never Be Alone in your life.

I really feel Joyful, Joyful! :D
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed May 31, 2017 6:42 am">6 years ago</span> @bachmahlerfan, great. :wink: Well, this very Morning Has Broken and today at work, I will be Dreaming Of Home all the time, until I finally get Home and can hear that Something Sings. I'd rather take the Wings Of A Dove than my car, because it's faster.
The way of delivering the album will stay a Mysterium to me, big chaos and wrong information repeatedly, and the whereabouts of the UK album is still a Secret to me. But, How Can I Keep From Singing now? Thanks to everybody, You Were There for me and offered relief during the waiting Time, and I saw that You'll Never Be Alone in your life.

WOW...

I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to read your review. But please, listen to the CD first... :wink:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed May 31, 2017 1:11 am">6 years ago</span> Well, my CD finally arrived late this afternoon from far away, so now I can rest in peace.
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed May 31, 2017 6:42 am">6 years ago</span> @bachmahlerfan, great. :wink: Well, this very Morning Has Broken and today at work, I will be Dreaming Of Home all the time, until I finally get Home and can hear that Something Sings. I'd rather take the Wings Of A Dove than my car, because it's faster.

You are both OUT OF CONTROL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed May 31, 2017 10:45 am">6 years ago</span> You are both OUT OF CONTROL!!!
Wait - this is a synonym for Libera lovers, isn't it? :? :mrgreen:
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Now I got here in China the new Album "Hope"! I am deeply impressed! My favorite is "three ravens", wow, what a symphonic sound! And "venite adoremus" is wonderful! And I am suprised, that libera covered the Bette Mittler Song "from a distance"...
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

"Hope" and I have just arrived home safely from picking it up. :D :D :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed May 31, 2017 3:48 pm">6 years ago</span> "Hope" and I have just arrived home safely from picking it up. :D :D :D
Three hours and no further posts - I hope that isn't a bad sign! Glad you got the chance to hear it at last and I'm very much looking forward to your review.

Andmar and Maarten, thanks for your great reviews, I enjoyed those.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

danieb88 wrote: <span title="Sun May 28, 2017 10:04 pm">6 years ago</span> Hi all, it's been a while :)

I've been a little out of the loop recently, haven't managed to see the boys live since xmas 2014 (or 2015? Whenever Thomas did that fantastic solo on Corpus Christi carol) for various reasons and not through lack of trying!

Because of this I hadn't been aware of the talent coming through - this album has been fab for showing me, I wanted to mention Alex Montoro, his solos are quite something.

I wasn't so sure on the album to begin with - I think I was just out of the habit of listening to libera - but as I have listened more, I love it :D
Welcome back and glad you enjoyed it - start planning now to hear them live again (maybe they will do a pre-Christmas concert at St George's again in December)
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

andmar wrote: <span title="Mon May 29, 2017 4:17 pm">6 years ago</span> Merlin does a great solo job in ‘Venite Adoremus’ with his clear, pure and strong voice.
I agree. He has a very strong voice, like a ray of light piercing the darkness.

Looking forward to your review also, filiarheni :) and I'm glad you finally received the album!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I don't think I can post a comprehensive review of the album, because it would be unreasonably long and dense. So, I will make occasional remarks in the days to come. First of all, with Stabat Mater, it took me a few hearings to notice the use of the saxophone (at least I think it's a saxophone), and even more hearings to notice the two instances of the hi-hat cymbal being used. The credits list a saxophone player, and this is the only song where I am hearing it. The saxophone is easily heard when the choir does the first "pia mater", but I also noticed it after that where I initially thought I was hearing the cello. I don't know of any other Libera song that uses the saxophone, but let me know if there is one. To hear the hi-hat, you have to listen closely around the 1:32-1:38 time frame and again from 3:37-3:44. There is one spot in The Three Ravens at the 1:56 mark where I hear a strange sound in the instrumentation. Is that a synthetic sound or some type of percussion? In the beginning and ending sections of Venite Adoremus, I thought all those vocal utterances were wordless, but there are a couple times where it sounds like a word is being said. Am I just imagining it, or could they be syllables, but not words? Finally, I wanted to quickly comment on one spot in From a Distance. I'm talking about the line, "From a distance, you look like my friend even though we are at war." I really like how the orchestra becomes very quiet at that moment, letting the listener feel that sad and poignant moment.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed May 31, 2017 6:56 pm">6 years ago</span> Three hours and no further posts - I hope that isn't a bad sign!
:lol: Far from it! But thank you for worrying. :wink: I had a delightful time yesterday, listening to = enjoying all the songs. So far, I could only listen one time (for afterwards, I had to attend my choir's rehearsal, although this time I would have liked to skive it ... but we sang "Walking In The Air", words that mirrored yesterday's feelings of mine :D ). Today I'm occupied all day and evening, so next time is possible tomorrow afternoon - such a long time! 

Listening calmly and in a well-prepared quiet environment to the album yesterday, I got a first impression, and, for the moment, I only want (or rather: just need) to say that it is Three Ravens and Stabat Mater which simply overwhelmed me immediately while listening, and, knowing myself, for these two songs I can definitely say that this feeling will remain with me. 

I'm aware that I am a review debitor now that the CD at last has arrived, and anyway, I will do my homework, as I am terribly frightened of Professor Surpinto's tribunal, if I fail to do so. :shock: :mrgreen: However, I postpone my review until I know the songs a bit better, then write my opinion down and afterwards will gladly read all your reviews word for word, which I'm looking forward to very much! :)