New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

plumpuff

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by plumpuff »

All I can say is WOW! Libera is back! To be honest, I haven't been as impressed with their recent releases (the 2 Christmas albums and the other one c. 2015). I liked the albums (because they were Libera albums of course) but they did not seem like signature Libera albums. This newest on REALLY delivers. I listened to it on my way to work and now I am listening to it again.

So far on quick first listen I love Stabat Mater, Benedictus Deus, Three Ravens. I am not crazy about the song Smile in general but Libera's version is good.

I downloaded the album from iTunes this morning. There is no digital booklet. That being said, could someone with the booklet insert post a pic or list of the track listing and soloists????? I have only figured out 2 soloists, Isaac London on Stabat Mater, Angel and Hymn to Mary. And ( I think) TDL on Benedictus Deus. And I am so eager to know the rest of the soloists!
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

plumpuff wrote: <span title="Fri May 26, 2017 1:58 pm">6 years ago</span> ... And I am so eager to know the rest of the soloists!
Earlier in this thread there is some more detailed information about the different Hope releases (two Japanese ones and one international one):
http://www.forum.libera-dreams.com/view ... 559#p49559 (scroll down to see the list of songs and soloists),
http://www.forum.libera-dreams.com/view ... 658#p49658
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, due to my lack of patience in waiting for the CD, I have been listening to whatever I can through Youtube, and just in the past day I was surprised to see all the tracks of the album added to Youtube under Libera - Topic. I thought these albums usually take longer to show up there. One thought that immediately came to me after hearing "From a Distance" is why didn't they make a music video for this song? Would it be too expensive to produce a fitting music video for it? In addition, this song really fits in with the "hope" theme.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

plumpuff wrote: <span title="Fri May 26, 2017 1:58 pm">6 years ago</span> All I can say is WOW! Libera is back! To be honest, I haven't been as impressed with their recent releases (the 2 Christmas albums and the other one c. 2015). I liked the albums (because they were Libera albums of course) but they did not seem like signature Libera albums. This newest on REALLY delivers. I listened to it on my way to work and now I am listening to it again.

So far on quick first listen I love Stabat Mater, Benedictus Deus, Three Ravens. I am not crazy about the song Smile in general but Libera's version is good.

I downloaded the album from iTunes this morning. There is no digital booklet. That being said, could someone with the booklet insert post a pic or list of the track listing and soloists????? I have only figured out 2 soloists, Isaac London on Stabat Mater, Angel and Hymn to Mary. And ( I think) TDL on Benedictus Deus. And I am so eager to know the rest of the soloists!
Here is a photo from my CD insert; although andmar's links are more user friendly.

Also, welcome to Libera Dreams! :D Of the three songs you mentioned I like "Benedictus Deus" the most. I didn't like "Stabat Mater" at first but Yorkie, a fellow participant here, convinced me to give it another chance and it is growing on me.

Even though you are new, you seem to have been a Libera fan for some time now. It would be great if you could write more about how you discovered them or offer an overall introduction at the Introduce Yourself sub-forum. :D
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri May 26, 2017 9:58 pm">6 years ago</span> One thought that immediately came to me after hearing "From a Distance" is why didn't they make a music video for this song? Would it be too expensive to produce a fitting music video for it? In addition, this song really fits in with the "hope" theme.
I agree with you. It would have probably been better, for a video, than "Smile" was.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri May 26, 2017 10:32 pm">6 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri May 26, 2017 9:58 pm">6 years ago</span> One thought that immediately came to me after hearing "From a Distance" is why didn't they make a music video for this song? Would it be too expensive to produce a fitting music video for it? In addition, this song really fits in with the "hope" theme.
I agree with you. It would have probably been better, for a video, than "Smile" was.
Yeah, it seems like a no-brainer to me. I think it would've been a great promotional video for the album. That said, I'm still hopeful that they will eventually do a music video for it.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Soooo........... If you were using Libera to make a music video of "From a Distance" how would you do it?
My idea: the boys are at home, watching the television, the news comes on, queue a sequence of the usual news tragedies. One boy looks away and begins the song, then others peel away from the tube in sequence and join him.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 5:20 am">6 years ago</span> Soooo........... If you were using Libera to make a music video of "From a Distance" how would you do it?
My idea: the boys are at home, watching the television, the news comes on, queue a sequence of the usual news tragedies. One boy looks away and begins the song, then others peel away from the tube in sequence and join him.
Well, I'm not the best person for coming up with video suggestions. I'm not so sure about the idea of all of them gathered around a television, but who knows. The ideas that float through my head are more abstract, and would probably involve a hefty price tag due to multiple locations and extensive camerawork. Maybe the soloist could be on the surface of the Moon while gazing at the Earth (okay, maybe not)!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

After all, I think it would have been well worth it to install a separate whining thread. :lol:

Yesterday, I broke down, called Frankfurt airport customs and found out that they can't be blamed for the delay in deliverance. It's Deutsche Post who still keeps my CD in their hands - since 11th May! -, opening it to control if everything is according to regulations (such as if an invoice is added). :roll: And when I asked how I can track its further way, they replied that this is not possible and I would hear about the CD next time, when it arrives at my home. Great ...
They were nice to me, at least. Presumably, they were relaxed because they have listened to so many Libera songs during the last two weeks ...

All worst, meanest, basest feelings I could ever find in myself me are going up to the surface now. :shock: :mrgreen:
Last edited by filiarheni on Sat May 27, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
insane4libera

Post by insane4libera »

I have given this amazing album one listen so far and it is just so incredible! I would rate most of the songs around 9 and none get lower than 8. The long 7 year wait since their last non-Christmas/concert album Peace has been very well worth it!
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 10:56 am">6 years ago</span> After all, I think it would have been well worth it to install a separate whining thread. :lol:

Yesterday, I broke down, called Frankfurt airport customs and found out that they can't be blamed for the delay in deliverance. It's Deutsche Post who still keeps my CD in their hands - since 11th May! -, opening it to control if everything is according to regulations (such as if an invoice is added). :roll: And when I asked how I can track its further way, they replied that this is not possible and I would hear about the CD next time, when it arrives at my home. Great ...
They were nice to me, at least. Presumably, they were relaxed because they have listened to so many Libera songs during the last two weeks.

All worst, meanest, basest feelings I could ever find in myself me are going up to the surface now. :shock: :mrgreen:
You can go to the Libera - topic page on youtube and hear the entire album now: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqAzab ... siqH5oP05A
"I'll rise in the spark of life. The dawn of all time.
I'll call to the world still yet to be.
The music is everywhere. In life, in the sea and air.
To join in the perfect song of all eternity."
Because of his unique and haunting voice, Ben Philipp is my most favorite Libera singer.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

insane4libera wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 11:23 am">6 years ago</span> You can go to the Libera - topic page on youtube and hear the entire album now: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqAzab ... siqH5oP05A
Thank you and thank everyone very much who has been trying to help! :oops: I highly appreciate and welcome that! :D However, I try to endure the situation as I would deeply like to listen to the real CD for the first time. I may be stubborn, but it feels different to me somehow, although I've never been so much in "hardware", but this time - totally new CD, very special - it's just different.

I'm not sure how long I will still be able to resist, though. Before I go on holidays by the end of July, I will have listened to the album, this way or that way.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 5:20 am">6 years ago</span> Soooo........... If you were using Libera to make a music video of "From a Distance" how would you do it?
I played golf this morning, lovely sunny day walking amongst the greenery and the song that was accompanying my game in my head - yes, "From a Distance". I played quite well too! It certainly is a song I wouldn't have expected to like as much as I do.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
insane4libera

Post by insane4libera »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 11:46 am">6 years ago</span>
insane4libera wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 11:23 am">6 years ago</span> You can go to the Libera - topic page on youtube and hear the entire album now: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqAzab ... siqH5oP05A
Thank you and thank everyone very much who has been trying to help! :oops: I highly appreciate and welcome that! :D However, I try to endure the situation as I would deeply like to listen to the real CD for the first time. I may be stubborn, but it feels different to me somehow, although I've never been so much in "hardware", but this time - totally new CD, very special - it's just different.

I'm not sure how long I will still be able to resist, though. Before I go on holidays by the end of July, I will have listened to the album, this way or that way.
You are quite welcome. I don't blame you in wanting to wait.
"I'll rise in the spark of life. The dawn of all time.
I'll call to the world still yet to be.
The music is everywhere. In life, in the sea and air.
To join in the perfect song of all eternity."
Because of his unique and haunting voice, Ben Philipp is my most favorite Libera singer.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 10:56 am">6 years ago</span> .. It's Deutsche Post who still keeps my CD in their hands - since 11th May! -
There have been stories around about lost letters or post cards which eventually got delivered by post after 80 or 100 years... :mrgreen:
Oh no, I'm not helping... Am I? :?

I keep listening to Hope and I can't stop. It's amazing. Each and every song. There is not a single one, which I don't like. A need to write a review grows in me, but I must wait a couple of days, till I have clear mind again :wink: .
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 10:56 am">6 years ago</span> After all, I think it would have been well worth it to install a separate whining thread. :lol:

They were nice to me, at least. Presumably, they were relaxed because they have listened to so many Libera songs during the last two weeks ...

Oh no!! This is really killing you, I know that it would do the same to me. You deserve to get this CD as soon as possible, you have waited far too long. :(
andmar wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 1:19 pm">6 years ago</span> I keep listening to Hope and I can't stop. It's amazing. Each and every song. There is not a single one, which I don't like. A need to write a review grows in me, but I must wait a couple of days, till I have clear mind again :wink: .
You are required and obligated to do this or risk the wrath of the entire membership of this forum :twisted: :wink:
insane4libera wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 11:23 am">6 years ago</span> I have given this amazing album one listen so far and it is just so incredible! I would rate most of the songs around 9 and none get lower than 8. The long 7 year wait since their last non-Christmas/concert album Peace has been very well worth it!
It is an amazing album! I may have been more picky about which songs I really like than some others who have listened, but the album itself is without doubt a worthy successor to the albums that came before it.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

andmar wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 1:19 pm">6 years ago</span>I keep listening to Hope and I can't stop.
Hm. Well ... do you happen to work for Deutsche Post? :evil:

andmar wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 1:19 pm">6 years ago</span> There have been stories around about lost letters or post cards which eventually got delivered by post after 80 or 100 years...
Oh, this is comforting me! :mrgreen: I see I have lots of time left! It gives me "hope" for the future.

andmar wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 1:19 pm">6 years ago</span> A need to write a review grows in me, but I must wait a couple of days, till I have clear mind again .
It will be similar with me, I suppose. I will have to listen to the songs several times until I'll be able to write a review. (Now this makes me feel like the person who sold the skin before having caught the bear. :roll: )