Post by alcesalcesobservator »

When is it available for purchase?
Al17

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by Al17 »

Beautiful covers !
Like the dandelion seeds very much.
Buy now also the regular CD.

alcesalcesobservator wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:02 pm">7 years ago</span> When is it available for purchase?
Look at page 1
-- on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam - Carl Sagan
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Al17 wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:24 pm">7 years ago</span> Beautiful covers !
Like the dandelion seeds very much.
Buy now also the regular CD.

alcesalcesobservator wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:02 pm">7 years ago</span> When is it available for purchase?
Look at page 1
Of course. :oops: I haven't been able to pay close attention. :lol:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:45 am">7 years ago</span> Forgive me if there are mistakes, it's Google translation and I used only my mobile.... 😅
Thanks for the translations FDL.

Quite a varied line-up of soloists - some making their recording debuts. Rocco could be one of the youngest to be credited with a studio album solo. They obviously managed to record Tom DL (Benedictus Deus) and Isaac's (Stabat Mater) before voice change. Yes perhaps would have liked Tom DL on 'Dreaming of Home' but kudos for Camden earning his solo stripes and the teaser clip did sound impressive.

I'm starting to think Japan will be having exclusive first tabs on releasing this new album. All of the news is coming from their marketing partners. The international release may be delayed a short while. It makes sense in a way, with the tour there and the huge interest Libera generates when visiting.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Really excited for this :D It looks like a wonderful mix of songs, in the different styles of songs that Libera chooses . Also excited to hear some new soloists - curious for Merlin in particular. It's all very promising and the first proper full-length studio album since Peace. I keep my fingers crossed that some will be for sale in Ely - you never know, for example Aksel Rykkvin's CD was for sale at a concert of his just days before the official release :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:33 am">7 years ago</span> Really excited for this :D It looks like a wonderful mix of songs, in the different styles of songs that Libera chooses . Also excited to hear some new soloists - curious for Merlin in particular. It's all very promising and the first proper full-length studio album since Peace. I keep my fingers crossed that some will be for sale in Ely - you never know, for example Aksel Rykkvin's CD was for sale at a concert of his just days before the official release :wink:
Merlin already had a solo on "I Vow to Thee My Country" on the Jupiter album and was good. :)

According to Libera Records both the regular and the CD-DVD versions are set for release May 10. But as of right now that would appear to be the case only in Japan. This is why it is not a sure thing whether you will see the album for sale at Ely. Only Japanese vendors are offering this album for pre-order and both versions could possibly be exclusive to the Japanese market. In fact, on that same Libera Records website, the "selling agency" for both versions is Libera Records.

It is a certainty that at some point Libera will release this album, or a modified version of it, internationally. But we do not know what sort of a contract or arrangement Libera has with the Libera Records (Wisteria Project) label. I cannot imagine that there is not some type of legal "non-competition" and "exclusivity" clause in such an agreement which could limit release dates, distribution, etc; but we do not know in what way. I have been curious for some time as to what that arrangement is and this major album release will likely give us information as to what sort of exclusivity Libera Records has: whether it is in selling CDs in Japan only or in exclusive album releases, dates, etc. Having said that, maybe the album will be released by Libera independently on the same day, but as of right now that is not appearing to be the case. I would say that unless an international release is announced within the next several weeks your chances of seeing the album for sale at Ely are very small.
Last edited by Surpinto on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Here is the Translation from the japanese promo-text (Amazon.jp) for the new Album. Sorry for the mistakes (automatic Translation). Perhaps it is usefull....

"Introduction of Contents
Since the launch of "Winter Songs" in 2011, the long-awaited new album by Rivera's studio recordings will be six years Buri. The title is hope. "I hope that it will be a CD that makes people happy by putting their dreams and hopes in harmony," he says, and is now acclaimed recording. "Universal Wonder Christmas" tie-up song "The Miracle of the Angel", and the co-starring with Mao Asada also recorded the "Jupiter-light to the future" in broadcasting at NHK now. From August 2015 to January 2016, we visited Japan three times, and the newest members became familiar to Japan fans, but in May 2017, the performance of coming to Japan was realized as soon as possible! A valuable all-member autographed poster present application ticket is affixed to the product. Promotional video Release the first limited edition with DVD that will be recorded other than the normal edition of the CD only.
Only the first specification of all Rivera members autographed poster lottery application ticket inclusion
* As soon as the stock of the first specification is lost, it switches to the normal specification.
Media coverage Review
Since the launch of the winter songs in 2011, the album was recorded in the studio of Rivera, which is six years Buri. Universal Studios Japan "Universal Wonder Christmas" tie-up song "The Miracle of the Angel" was included."
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:16 pm">7 years ago</span>
Merlin already had a solo on "I Vow to Thee My Country" on the Jupiter album and was good. :)

I would say that unless an international release is announced within the next several weeks your chances of seeing the album for sale at Ely are very small.
Jupiter is one of those releases I read about but never got round to checking out :wink: Probably because it wasn't easily available in the Netherlands.

As for sales at Ely, I'll just keep my fingers crossed they have a bunch with them that they sell to make some money at the concert ;) Naïve of me, but still :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:06 pm">7 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:16 pm">7 years ago</span>

I would say that unless an international release is announced within the next several weeks your chances of seeing the album for sale at Ely are very small.
Jupiter is one of those releases I read about but never got round to checking out :wink: Probably because it wasn't easily available in the Netherlands.

As for sales at Ely, I'll just keep my fingers crossed they have a bunch with them that they sell to make some money at the concert ;) Naïve of me, but still :D
I hope they sell it there, that would be fantastic. :D As for "Jupiter", it is available on iTunes.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

I was also wondering, if the new CD might be available for purchase in Ely, actually before the official release date. This would be a fantastic surprise.
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Thank you, Patrick, for your amazing efforts! What would we do without you? :P
So excited for this new album!
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

I visit Japan from 22.4. to 5.5. (Yokohama) But the concert is at the end of May, also the new CD is released at 10.5. Sniff... I am too early... As a teacher I can`t take my Holidays later... :|
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

...a 'coming soon' hint from Libera on their facebook posting;
We are excited to be preparing for our Ely Cathedral concert on the 29th April. It's the first chance to hear new songs performed live from our new album 'Hope' which is coming out soon for UK and International release! #LiberaHope
Maybe not as soon as the Japan release but hopefully not much longer after that.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:09 pm">7 years ago</span> ...a 'coming soon' hint from Libera on their facebook posting;
We are excited to be preparing for our Ely Cathedral concert on the 29th April. It's the first chance to hear new songs performed live from our new album 'Hope' which is coming out soon for UK and International release! #LiberaHope
Maybe not as soon as the Japan release but hopefully not much longer after that.
Do you think that the chances for a pre-release sales in Ely are a bit bigger than zero? Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

andmar wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:34 pm">7 years ago</span>
JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:09 pm">7 years ago</span> Maybe not as soon as the Japan release but hopefully not much longer after that.
Do you think that the chances for a pre-release sales in Ely are a bit bigger than zero? Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed.
Well with only two weeks to go, highly doubtful that the full production release will be available from whoever is distributing for them i.e. Warner Classics...and I can't fathom in what other capacity it would be offered too the concert attendees which would not breach their contractual agreement with the record label? It could show up on the selling desks in physical form even before appearing via online vendors. I'd be surprised if that is the case. I'm going for end of May, early June availability outside of Japan.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez