New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by TullyBascombe »

So how many mystery songs are we anticipating? Two? Three? Four?
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Listening to the sample some more, I think the beginning of the clip of the mystery song could be the end of the word "Maria," but it's not possible to say for sure because it's just the "-ria" part of it. If that's true, that would also support that the song could be Stabat Mater (as Mary is the "sorrowful mother" the song refers to).

Including this mystery song, we have 3 mystery songs so far from the teasers.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am">7 years ago</span>My last tiny hope is then than perhaps one of the three mysterious samples in Latin corresponds to the newly created middle part or to the Ending that Mark McKenzie refers to on his site.
if this should be the case, then the 'Gloria in Excelsis Deo' seems to fit better than the two others.
I think you could have a strong case for this FDL, just listening to the short version of Benedictus Deus this new snippet above could quite easily fit into the extended new version and make up one of the mystery songs. That said, I think it will be revealed soon as detailed in the Mckenzie thread, either part of new album or on it's own as a single download.

Got to say very happy and excited that 'Dreaming of Home' made it. Kind of hoping they previously recorded it with Tom DL covering the high harmony part as per the concerts but I'm sure any chosen treble will polish it off with aplomb. Maybe even Libera's take on the popular hits 'Smile', 'From a Distance' will bring a fresh lick of paint & vigour to the very easy listening format. All in all much to look forward too.

P.S. chris17 - lyrics do sound as you suggested 'Maria' and 'Morte', and could well be 'Stabat Mater' or maybe a new arrangement of some sort by RP.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So is San damiano the only known song we didn't get in the snippets peak ?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote: <span title="Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:12 am">7 years ago</span> So is San damiano the only known song we didn't get in the snippets peak ?
Appears to be the case. If I copy Yuki's useful tweet the other day...

Maybe a collection of 15 songs, mind you if 'Stabat Mater' is one of the mystery songs, then it could be 14 which would match FDL's analysis earlier in this thread. There could also be a bonus song or two for exclusive download only (probably iTunes)...so the jury is still very much out, but we're getting there.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I think it's odds on that one of the snippets was Stabat which is good as originally I assumed it was going to be a new version from when Steven sung it about 15 years ago.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

dani wrote: <span title="Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:14 pm">7 years ago</span> I think it's odds on that one of the snippets was Stabat which is good as originally I assumed it was going to be a new version from when Steven sung it about 15 years ago.
Could be, but no recognisable known words in the clip.
Enjoying all this speculation. Many thanks to all the participants and also to Libera who I am sure enjoyed teasing us in this way. Some surprises/unknowns are still to come, but it is already clear that we can expect a wonderful, if long overdue, new album. I am fairly confident that "Dreaming of Home" will be a TDL recording - not so sure that the CD will include "Benedictus Dei" but hoping against hope that I am wrong!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

5 weeks to the Japan release :)
Al17

Post by Al17 »

dani wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:42 pm">7 years ago</span> 5 weeks to the Japan release :)
Yes :!: :)
-- on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam - Carl Sagan
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote: <span title="Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:50 pm">7 years ago</span>
Could be, but no recognisable known words in the clip.
Enjoying all this speculation. Many thanks to all the participants and also to Libera who I am sure enjoyed teasing us in this way. Some surprises/unknowns are still to come, but it is already clear that we can expect a wonderful, if long overdue, new album. I am fairly confident that "Dreaming of Home" will be a TDL recording - not so sure that the CD will include "Benedictus Dei" but hoping against hope that I am wrong!
I really, really hope that they recorded Dreaming of Home with TDL at the height of his magnificent powers. They could release an album of just that track and I would be happy indeed :D With the other songs as well I'm really looking forward to the album. I'm interested as to why we have another version of Wayfaring Stranger - don't get me wrong I think the Libera version is a fantastic song but it was on their last CD.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:33 pm">7 years ago</span> I'm interested as to why we have another version of Wayfaring Stranger - don't get me wrong I think the Libera version is a fantastic song but it was on their last CD.
Maybe they've recorded it with Alessandro? I've long wanted to hear his version.
All in all, this album is looking exciting. They've added so many new songs, so that's a relief!
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

alcesalcesobservator wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:48 am">7 years ago</span>
Maybe they've recorded it with Alessandro?

Or perhaps Alex Gula. His performance at St. George's in December was outstanding and his voice deserves recording for posterity.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Libera Records has unveilled the cover of the CD, the full list of the songs and the soloists names :)

http://libera-records.com/news/20170407release

Cover of the CD-DVD:

Cover of the regular CD:
  • 01. Salve Regina
    Composer: Franz Schubert
    Lyrics: Lori Bath
    Arrangement: Robert Prizeman
    Solo: Rocco Tesei
  • 02. San Damiano
    Composition & lyrics: Sal Solo
  • 03. Smile
    Composition: Charlie Chaplin
    Lyrics: Jeffrey Parsons & John Turner
    Arrangement: Sam Coates
    Solos: Gabriel Collins & Alessandro MacKinnon-Botti
  • 04. Stabat Mater
    Composer: Robert Prizeman
    Poetry: Traditional
    Solo: Isaac London
  • 05. Dreaming of Home ~ Movie "Aria of the Battlefield"
    Composition: Philippe Lomby
    Lyrics: Loli Bath
    Solo: Camden Stewart
  • 06. Angel ~ Universal Studios Japan "Universal Wonder Christmas" tie-up song
    Composition: Muramatsu
    Lyrics: Robert Prizeman
  • 07. From A Distance
    Composition & Lyrics: Julie Gold Arrangement: Sam Coates
    Solo: Alexander Montoro
  • 08. Angele Dei
    Composition: Robert Prizeman
    Verse: Traditional
    Solo: Alexander Montoro
  • 09. Benedictus Deus (from the movie "The Great Miracle")
    Composition: Mark Mckenzie
    Solo: Thomas Delgado-Little
  • 10. The Three Ravens
    Composition: John Haar
    Poetry: Traditional
    Solo: Gregor Lumsden with Alessandro MacKinnon-Botti & Alexander Montoro
  • 11. Hymn to Mary
    Composition & Lyrics: Beth Nielsen Chapman
  • 12. Venite Adoremus
    Composition: Robert Prizeman
    Solo: Merlin Brouwer
  • 13. Home
    Composition: Muramatsu - Yoshinori
    Writing: Robert Prizeman
    Solo: Ciaran Bradbury-Hickey
Bonus tracks:
  • 14. Jupiter
    Composition: Holst
    Lyrics: Cecil Spring & Mao Asada
    Solo: Isaac London & Taichi Shinokubo
  • 15. Wayfaring Stranger
    (this track is only on the regular CD, not on the CD-DVD)
    Song & Poetry: Traditional
    Arrangement: Sam Coates
    Solo: Alexander Gula

DVD (only on the Initial limited edition)
  • Salve Regina
  • Smile
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Unbelievable so I finally get my favorite song on the album "Dreaming of Home" and I get all excited as it's been years of fans asking for it to be released and yet I still don't get what I want as it's not Tom DL :roll: :lol:

We have Camden with the solo and yes I'm sure it will be good but it's not what I wanted.

To add insult to injury Tom has a solo on tha album with Benedictus so it's not like he doesn't have a song on the album.
Last edited by dani on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Forgive me if there are mistakes, it's Google translation and I used only my mobile.... 😅